Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 12-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 12:14 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Nobody wanted Conner? He was my 2nd priority for waiver claims and I ended up getting him. I put in for Logan first.

i think it was the principle of the thing for some. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SladeX - 12-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 12:14 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Nobody wanted Conner? He was my 2nd priority for waiver claims and I ended up getting him. I put in for Logan first.

There was nontalk of Pacheco to IR til yesterday evening…

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 12-09-2023

(12-09-2023, 05:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: i think it was the principle of the thing for some. 

Yup. I know Kevin said he won't be in the playoffs so he "doesn't need him", with Connor being on the bye...but i've never been a fan of a situation like that and dropping a player of that caliber unless they have a real need in another area and they have no other options. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 12-10-2023

Due to so many QB's injured, I put Mayfield in free agency after deciding I'm starting Dobbs because Jefferson is back.

Don't crab too much about Conner. If anybody had wanted him, they could have had him. You let him slip to Tecmo with a waiver spot around dead last. You all act like Conner is a first round draft pick. He wasn't. I got him in the mid rounds, So knock it off on me dropping a bye week player my last week of season. I did it for me, he would give me no more points this year. No apology by me on that one.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 12-10-2023

(12-10-2023, 04:02 PM)kevin Wrote: Due to so many QB's injured, I put Mayfield in free agency after deciding I'm starting Dobbs because Jefferson is back.  

Don't crab too much about Conner. If anybody had wanted him, they could have had him. You let him slip to Tecmo with a waiver spot around dead last.  You all act like Conner is a first round draft pick. He wasn't.  I got him in the mid rounds,  So knock it off on me dropping a bye week player my last week of season. I did it for me, he would give me no more points this year. No apology by me on that one.

Which is why there should be some kind of reward for the consolation bracket, for example a choice of draft pick or something the following year to prevent people from quitting after week 14 and dropping startable players into Free Agency as you did with Conner because he can't help you.

And as you can see in this thread quite a few passed on principle not due to quality of player. 

Also draft position of a player is irrelevant but you do you.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 12-10-2023

(12-10-2023, 05:16 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Which is why there should be some kind of reward for the consolation bracket, for example a choice of draft pick or something the following year to prevent people from quitting after week 14 and dropping startable players into Free Agency as you did with Conner because he can't help you.

And as you can see in this thread quite a few passed on principle not due to quality of player. 

Also draft position of a player is irrelevant but you do you.

I was so close to picking up Flacco and playing him over Goff today. Seriously! That's FF for ya! lol.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 12-10-2023

Fingers crossed JB gets me into the playoffs

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 12-10-2023

(12-10-2023, 08:24 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I was so close to picking up Flacco and playing him over Goff today. Seriously! That's FF for ya! lol.

Both our teams kinda shit the bed today but lets be real we both know the Dolphins RBs are about to score 50.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 12-10-2023

(12-10-2023, 04:02 PM)kevin Wrote: Due to so many QB's injured, I put Mayfield in free agency after deciding I'm starting Dobbs because Jefferson is back.  

Don't crab too much about Conner. If anybody had wanted him, they could have had him. You let him slip to Tecmo with a waiver spot around dead last.  You all act like Conner is a first round draft pick. He wasn't.  I got him in the mid rounds,  So knock it off on me dropping a bye week player my last week of season. I did it for me, he would give me no more points this year. No apology by me on that one.

There's more to life than just you Kevin. 

I wasn't actually upset about it. It's simply bad form to drop a player like Connor late in the season. I have no doubt you did it because you felt you needed to and maybe you even thought you were throwing out some help to a different team, in a good way; here's a guy someone can pick up and help them the rest of the way. 

The only problem with that thinking is that you're helping one team--and it has nothing to do with Techmo, it goes for anyone who would have picked him up--everyone else is hurt by the move. 

It's simply one of those 'unwritten rules'. 

I also mostly believe that nothing i typed will make a dent in your thinking. You simply shouldn't have done it, to maintain competetive balance. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 12-11-2023

(12-10-2023, 09:48 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Both our teams kinda shit the bed today but lets be real we both know the Dolphins RBs are about to score 50.

I doubt it. Same dude told me how bad Goff plays against cover 2. Whoever it is was correct. Said Mostert would probably have a ho-hum game and that Achane will get the carries. I guess we'll see. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 12-11-2023

(12-11-2023, 01:06 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I doubt it. Same dude told me how bad Goff plays against cover 2. Whoever it is was correct. Said Mostert would probably have a ho-hum game and that Achane will get the carries. I guess we'll see. 

I still don't trust a lead against those RBs but 22 from my kicker is always welcome  Ninja

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 12-12-2023

Playoff time. Congrats to bfine for getting two teams to the bye: mine and his (he made a trade with me to save me from my auto-draft woes).

Also props to Tiger's Maulers 2.0, BobJones4980, Made You Cry, and Poppie's Flying Wolv for making the playoffs.

I await Tiger or Bob for my next matchup.

[Image: khfj6bz.gif?w=736]

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 12-12-2023

How TF did you jump over me for the division (same record) when you were behind me last week with the same record?

EDIT: lol. i have literally never seen that we have a division record next to our overall record, until just now.

Hilarious

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - kevin - 12-12-2023

Yes, Congrats to those in the play-offs and good luck.

My last week sums up my season. Hill got injured early and my QB was in because Jefferson was suppose to play, but Jefferson got inured early. I'm not alone. 2023 has been the most NFL injuries I've ever seen. So other teams in league dealt with injury problems. Trying to figure out who is playing and who isn't each week is almost impossible. Hill gave me a great season, but my next 2 picks Higgins and Burrow had rough injury seasons.

Normally I never grab a free agent once I'm out and play-offs start. Last week it didn't show consolation games or me having a week 15, but suddenly it shows me against Houdizzles. The game probably doesn't count in win or loss column, but I will play that out. To do so, I need to drop Dobbs who Vikings benched last Sunday. I need a starting QB in free agency even if me vs Houndizzile may not mean much. I'll wait until everybody makes their Wednesday needed play-off moves and see who might be left Thursday on the scrap heap. It may be a Yahoo match up not even a consolation game, but since it popped up now, I'll put a QB in there against Hounds. Getting a QB to replace Dobbs will be my only move, whatever possible starting QB is left after play-off teams pick over free agents Wednesday. To play out this match-up with Hounds that Yahoo now showing.

Anyway, congrats to those in play-offs and to those not in, you were all tough players each week. A good tough league.

Going into week 14 which I wanted to win, I had injuries. The first thing I saw was a bye week player who I could use in free agency. Now others of you have dropped bye week players during season to use free agency. I dropped a RB who was injured for me most of season and is on a very bad Arizona team who was on a bye week. He was not my best RB or even my second best RB. My Bills and Browns starting RB's gave me more points. So it surprised me that some upset that I dropped this player, because he didn't help my team very much this season. It turned out that without Hill and putting hopes in Jefferson and Noah Brown catching passes, I got clobbered Sunday. However I was trying to play it out and win, and all I saw was I had a bye week player I could dump to help fill injury needs, and that's all I was doing. If that bye week player had been a Mahomes or Allen, I would not have dropped them. I didn't see often injured Conner as that big of a deal, I really didn't

That said, I hope I get a chance to play again next year, it's my favorite fantasy league. As always. GO BENGALS who stand a good chance of winning most of remaining games. GO BENGALS.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 12-12-2023

(12-12-2023, 12:33 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How TF did you jump over me for the division (same record) when you were behind me last week with the same record?

Division record over Points I'd guess.

(12-12-2023, 12:47 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Division record over Points I'd guess.

Yeah. I edited my post. I literally never saw that we had a division record--and it makes a ton of sense--until just now.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SladeX - 12-12-2023

(12-12-2023, 09:56 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Playoff time. Congrats to bfine for getting two teams to the bye: mine and his (he made a trade with me to save me from my auto-draft woes).

Also props to Tiger's Maulers 2.0, BobJones4980, Made You Cry, and Poppie's Flying Wolv for making the playoffs.

I await Tiger or Bob for my next matchup.

[Image: khfj6bz.gif?w=736]

When I first looked I figured I was out, being 4th in the division. I guess it goes by overall rank though (shows me 6th).

Now I play the same team that just waxed me this past week. Oh boy..,

Congrats gents, on the season and for those that made the playoffs. 

May your days be filled with sunshine and your nights with bright stars. May there be peace in your world and love in your heart. May you always have faith to calm your fears and the courage to face them. May you always have joy to share and happiness to fill your soul. Except for anyone i face in the playoffs. For you, may the bag of dicks you eat be salty and warm.  Ninja

But seriously, good luck going for the chip!

(12-12-2023, 12:55 PM)SladeX Wrote: When I first looked I figured I was out, being 4th in the division. I guess it goes by overall rank though (shows me 6th).

Keep the faith and never forget that my teams, historically, tend to shit the bed when playoffs start. ThumbsUp

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - TecmoBengals - 12-12-2023

(12-12-2023, 12:55 PM)SladeX Wrote: When I first looked I figured I was out, being 4th in the division. I guess it goes by overall rank though (shows me 6th).

It appears to account for division record as well, so maybe that helped you?