Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 07-31-2016

(07-31-2016, 06:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: WTS, I would like to put in a vote for a Tuesday or Wednesday evening.

I'm pretty much good for any evening that works for everyone else.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - CageTheBengal - 08-01-2016

(07-31-2016, 06:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: WTS, I would like to put in a vote for a Tuesday or Wednesday evening.

This works for me too.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Wes Mantooth - 08-01-2016

A Wednesday night works for me.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - MrRager - 08-04-2016

I hear there may be an opening and I'd like to play. I work 2nd shift so my team will probably have to be autodrafted. If you guys want someone who can be there live, I can understand that.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 08-04-2016

(08-04-2016, 02:47 AM)MrRager Wrote: I hear there may be an opening and I'd like to play. I work 2nd shift so my team will probably have to be autodrafted. If you guys want someone who can be there live, I can understand that.

Thanks. It looks like we will have one opening unless EOX chimes in soon. There may be a second. When I get home I will scrub the PMs, posts, and emails to see who have already stated they are in this year.

According to the sight everybody re-up'd on 6/3/2016, but I think this is something JC did just to roll over the league to this year.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SunsetBengal - 08-05-2016

This may be a bit late to propose a rule change for our league, but here goes. I would like to propose that we make things a bit more interesting by adding or subtracting from a players scoring total, based on weather the team the player plays for won or lost. For example, + or - 3pts for an offensive skill player, depending if their team won or lost, and +/- 6pts for the defense/ST if said team wins or loses.

What do you think? Great idea? Or, STFU SunsetBengal!!

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - The Real Deal - 08-05-2016

(08-04-2016, 02:47 AM)MrRager Wrote: I hear there may be an opening and I'd like to play. I work 2nd shift so my team will probably have to be autodrafted. If you guys want someone who can be there live, I can understand that.

Im working on creating another board member league and there are still spots open. Let me know if you're interested.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 08-05-2016

(08-05-2016, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This may be a bit late to propose a rule change for our league, but here goes.  I would like to propose that we make things a bit more interesting by adding or subtracting from a players scoring total, based on weather the team the player plays for won or lost.  For example, + or - 3pts for an offensive skill player, depending if their team won or lost, and +/- 6pts for the defense/ST if said team wins or loses.

What do you think?  Great idea?  Or, STFU SunsetBengal!!

Gonna go with answer B.

With your suggestion, there are times you would be rooting against yourself if you have players on opposite teams.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SunsetBengal - 08-05-2016

(08-05-2016, 09:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Gonna go with answer B.

With your suggestion, there are times you would be rooting against yourself if you have players on opposite teams.

I see your point.  But, would also like to point out that every player on one's fantasy football team, is trying to help their team to win the game they are actually playing.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-05-2016

(08-05-2016, 08:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This may be a bit late to propose a rule change for our league, but here goes.  I would like to propose that we make things a bit more interesting by adding or subtracting from a players scoring total, based on weather the team the player plays for won or lost.  For example, + or - 3pts for an offensive skill player, depending if their team won or lost, and +/- 6pts for the defense/ST if said team wins or loses.

Confused  Huh?

(08-05-2016, 09:53 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Confused  Huh?

Mind blowing concept, right?  Kind of opens a whole can of worms for setting one's lineup.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-05-2016

(08-05-2016, 09:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Mind blowing concept, right?  Kind of opens a whole can of worms for setting one's lineup.

[Image: giphy.gif]

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - MrRager - 08-06-2016

I really, really dislike this idea. The Eli Manning 6 TD touchdown game gets a -3 and the Saints D gets +6(!) for winning? Ridiculous. It would also make players that play for bad teams drop in value. Allen Robinson becomes much less enticing even though he deserves to be a top WR. There is no way the Ravens defense deserves a -6 point swing in the opener against Denver. The defense played extremely well.  
(08-05-2016, 09:19 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Im working on creating another board member league and there are still spots open. Let me know if you're interested.
I'd be down if I can't participate in this one. 
(08-05-2016, 09:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I see your point.  But, would also like to point out that every player on one's fantasy football team, is trying to help their team to win the game they are actually playing.

I see what both of you are saying, but if it's a Monday night game and I'm down a few points while starting Brown, I maaaay root a bit more for the Steelers. And nobody wants that. 

Also, all of the players are indeed trying to help their team win, and some of them don't play well enough and their team picks up the slack. Why would they deserve +3 points? On the flip side, should Larry Fitzgerald get a -3 for his super bowl performance? Sometimes a WR balling TF out isn't enough to pick up the rest of the slack. That doesn't mean he should be penalized. Football wins and loses are decided by the team as a whole more than any other sport, but fantasy is a game of individuals so it doesn't really work. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Wes Mantooth - 08-07-2016

Sunset's idea could be really cool as a bonus, similar to that of a 300 passing yard game, or 100 yard receiving/rushing performance. +1 pt for win, -1 for loss. Unfortunately, I don' think there's any way to build that into the league. The Commish would have to go through and assign bonuses for each and every player.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - MrRager - 08-07-2016

(08-07-2016, 03:47 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Sunset's idea could be really cool as a bonus, similar to that of a 300 passing yard game, or 100 yard receiving/rushing performance.  +1 pt for win, -1 for loss.  Unfortunately, I don' think there's any way to build that into the league.  The Commish would have to go through and assign bonuses for each and every player.

It is way more reasonable at +/- 1 point since 6 can be a 12 point swing to defenses, which are already a little wacky. I still think it's weird to do for skill players at all and I dislike the yards bonus as well. Why apply some arbitrary points to that yard amount? Why should my player get so many less points for 99 yards compared to an opponent who got 100. It's a minuscule difference so why should the discrepancy in fantasy be so large? 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 08-07-2016

Everybody welcome Mr Rager to the league. I have given him control over Sorry Eiferted. He appears to be knowledgeable in FF and active in this forum. I think he will be a great addition.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-07-2016

(08-07-2016, 08:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Everybody welcome Mr Rager to the league. I have given him control over Sorry Eiferted. He appears to be knowledgeable in FF and active in this forum. I think he will be a great addition.

Welcome aboard.  And for what it's worth, I'm against the new change proposals.  Personally, I'd just like to leave it as is, and go from there.  Just my 2 cents.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Wes Mantooth - 08-08-2016

(08-07-2016, 08:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Everybody welcome Mr Rager to the league. I have given him control over Sorry Eiferted. He appears to be knowledgeable in FF and active in this forum. I think he will be a great addition.

Who was Sorry Eiferted?

Note: As I type out the words "Sorry I Farted" on a message board at 2am, I'm left wondering what exactly it is I am doing with my life.  Cry LOL

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 08-08-2016

(08-08-2016, 03:14 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Who was Sorry Eiferted?

Note: As I type out the words "Sorry I Farted" on a message board at 2am, I'm left wondering what exactly it is I am doing with my life.  Cry LOL

EOX

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - CageTheBengal - 08-08-2016

So I was thinking about the trades I made towards the end of last season and I'm cool with basically erasing the deal I made with DJS before he got banned. It wouldn't be cool for Mr.Rager to have to lose picks from a choice DJS made but with that said Woodhead shouldn't be an option as a keeper for his team. I do think the trade I made with Tiger Teeth should still stand though it was CJ2k for an 8th rounder and Tiger Teeth got my 12th round.

So basically I would just have an extra 8th round pick and he would have my 12th.