Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-15-2016

(08-15-2016, 07:31 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: How do we see the keeper selections everyone made?

I'm not sure we can.  It would be awesome though.  I just figure the first round is going to be more like the actual second round.  All top 24 players or so should be unavailable.  I guess.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Shake n Blake - 08-15-2016

(08-15-2016, 09:49 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'm not sure we can.  It would be awesome though.  I just figure the first round is going to be more like the actual second round.  All top 24 players or so should be unavailable.  I guess.

Yeah, many of the top players should be gone. That said, with keepers, I'd think most people would look at the value of the pick you'd give up to keep the player. For example, keeping Gurley for a 7th-8th round pick is outstanding value. Keeping LeVeon Bell (who was obviously a 1st rounder last year) would not be good value.

So I imagine some of those first round picks from last year will still be available at the top of this year'a draft.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-15-2016

(08-15-2016, 10:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah, many of the top players should be gone. That said, with keepers, I'd think most people would look at the value of the pick you'd give up to keep the player. For example, keeping Gurley for a 7th-8th round pick is outstanding value. Keeping LeVeon Bell (who was obviously a 1st rounder last year) would not be good value.

So I imagine some of those first round picks from last year will still be available at the top of this year'a draft.

You may very well be right.  But picking last, I'm planning for the biggest names to be gone.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 08-16-2016

Keepers:

Johnny Cupcakes:
Brandon Marshall (4th round value)
Marvin Jones (8th round value)

Bengaly McBengalface:
Amari Cooper (4th round value)

Eddie's Cheeseburgers:
DeAndre Hopkins (2nd round value)
Todd Gurley (5th round value)

HarleyDog
Adrian Peterson (1st round value)
Allen Robinson (5th round value)

Cage The Bengal:
David Johnson (7th round value)
Derek Carr (8th round value)

Hugh G. Rection:
No keepers declared

Sorry Eiferted (don't know who has this team)
No keepers declared

Sunset's Sweethearts:
Antonio Brown (1st round value)
Blake Bortles (8th round value)

Tiger Teeth:
AJ Green (1st round value)
Jordan Reed (8th round value)

Toast Jones:
Julio Jones (1st round value)
Jarvis Landry (4th round value)

Urinalcake:
Devonta Freeman (8th round value)

Wolf's Pack (not sure who has this team)
No keepers declared

I'm not sure if bfine or the two teams whose owners I'm not sure about were planning one declaring any keepers.....but this is what things look like for everyone else.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - CageTheBengal - 08-16-2016

(08-16-2016, 01:30 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Keepers:

Cage The Bengal:

Since I have an extra 8th round pick from Tiger Teeth wouldn't I lose both of those and keep my 7th?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Shake n Blake - 08-16-2016

(08-16-2016, 01:30 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Keepers:

Johnny Cupcakes:
Brandon Marshall (4th round value)
Marvin Jones (8th round value)

Bengaly McBengalface:
Amari Cooper (4th round value)

Eddie's Cheeseburgers:
DeAndre Hopkins (2nd round value)
Todd Gurley (5th round value)

HarleyDog
Adrian Peterson (1st round value)
DeAndre Hopkins (I cant find his draft position from last season)

Cage The Bengal:

Hugh G. Rection:
No keepers declared

Sorry Eiferted (don't know who has this team)
No keepers declared

Sunset's Sweethearts:
Antonio Brown (1st round value)
Blake Bortles (8th round value)

Tiger Teeth:
AJ Green (1st round value)
Jordan Reed (8th round value)

Toast Jones:
Julio Jones (1st round value)
Jarvis Landry (4th round value)

Urinalcake:
Devonta Freeman (8th round value)

Wolf's Pack (not sure who has this team)
No keepers declared

I'm not sure if bfine or the two teams whose owners I'm not sure about were planning one declaring any keepers.....but this is what things look like for everyone else.

How are Harleydog and I both claiming Hopkins? I'm guessing that's a typo because I drafted Hopkins last year and kept him through the whole season.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 08-16-2016

(08-16-2016, 02:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: How are Harleydog and I both claiming Hopkins? I'm guessing that's a typo because I drafted Hopkins last year and kept him through the whole season.

You're completely correct.  I was wondering why I couldn't find where Harley drafted Hopkins at last season.  Typo....my fault.  I have edited my post to reflect reality.

(08-16-2016, 02:47 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Since I have an extra 8th round pick from Tiger Teeth wouldn't I lose both of those and keep my 7th?

Really, I don't know.  I would assume that you'd be losing your two picks instead of yours and someone else's, but I don't really care either way.  Both scenarios make sense to me, and I don't think that was a topic discussed when we were going over how we were gonna do keepers.  I'll let bfine deal with all of the trades and such, since I have no clue who traded what draft picks to who.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - CageTheBengal - 08-16-2016

(08-16-2016, 04:08 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Really, I don't know.  I would assume that you'd be losing your two picks instead of yours and someone else's, but I don't really care either way.  Both scenarios make sense to me, and I don't think that was a topic discussed when we were going over how we were gonna do keepers.  I'll let bfine deal with all of the trades and such, since I have no clue who traded what draft picks to who.

Yeah both make sense to me too so whatever is decided on is fine by me.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-16-2016

For some reason, I can't get to our league. When I log in it takes me to a page that says Join A League, or Create A League. Anyone else having this issue?

(08-16-2016, 05:31 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: For some reason, I can't get to our league.  When I log in it takes me to a page that says Join A League, or Create A League.  Anyone else having this issue?

Everything is working fine on this end.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Shake n Blake - 08-16-2016

(08-16-2016, 05:31 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: For some reason, I can't get to our league.  When I log in it takes me to a page that says Join A League, or Create A League.  Anyone else having this issue?

I used to have some trouble getting in from the main Yahoo page, but I pretty much strictly use the app at this point. I even did the draft of the app last year.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-16-2016

JC or bfine. Somehow I got removed from the league. It is telling me that you have to reset the league, which I know you've already done. But for some reason, I am not able to get in the league board anyway I try. Help! Help

(08-16-2016, 07:13 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: JC or bfine.  Somehow I got removed from the league.  It is telling me that you have to reset the league, which I know you've already done.  But for some reason, I am not able to get in the league board anyway I try.  Help!   Help

Well shit.  Now it's working fine.  (Old people!)

(08-16-2016, 05:09 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Yeah both make sense to me too so whatever is decided on is fine by me.

I mean...it should be fine if you have two 8ths. I just don't even know how to get that second 8th rounder to you at this time.  Bfine may know....if not, I'll try to figure it out.

(08-16-2016, 11:01 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I mean...it should be fine if you have two 8ths. I just don't even know how to get that second 8th rounder to you at this time.  Bfine may know....if not, I'll try to figure it out.

Alright I did a search and found this on a Yahoo page...

Adding Traded Draft Picks Into Your League

If your league enabled the trading of draft picks in the previous season, when you use the Edit Draft Order & Assign Keeper Players tool, you'll be given the option to add the traded picks into the draft order. You do need to avoid conditions that would make it impossible to safely and cleanly import traded draft picks.

Those include:

• If you shrink the maximum roster size such that one or more traded picks no longer exist, we cannot import picks. For example, if someone has traded a 25th round pick, and you shrink the maximum roster size to 23, then there will not be a 25th round, and we cannot import the picks
  • If you remove a team from the league that had traded picks in the previous season, we cannot import the picks
  • If you create a new league rather than renewing the previous league, we won't have knowledge of the traded picks
  • If you switch to an auction draft format, then the notion of a draft order becomes irrelevant, and there will never be an opportunity to import the picks

I found it here. All kinds of other info about running the league as well.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/31719/keepertools

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - MrRager - 08-17-2016

Wait shit. I didn't realize there was a keeper deadline date and I just joined this league.I thought we had until closer to the draft. I would love to keep OBJ and Cam. I would really set me back a bit to lose out on these guys.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 08-17-2016

(08-17-2016, 04:24 AM)MrRager Wrote: Wait shit. I didn't realize there was a keeper deadline date and I just joined this league.I thought we had until closer to the draft. I would love to keep OBJ and Cam. I would really set me back a bit to lose out on these guys.

Too bad!!

OK, I opened the keeper selection deadline until Saturday. Log into the league go to my keepers and pick your keepers. I need Wolf to chime in. 

I do have a question about keepers (I know we're sorta deciding this as we go, but that it the dynamic of keeper leagues). Both my keepers were after Rd 8, from what I understand 8th is the lowest pick you can lose. So is the consensus that I would lose a 7th and 8th? 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 08-17-2016

(08-16-2016, 02:47 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Since I have an extra 8th round pick from Tiger Teeth wouldn't I lose both of those and keep my 7th?

No, If Johnson has a 7th RD value you lose a 7th. I don't see how having an extra 8th makes a difference.

Instead of 1 pick in the 7th and 2 in the 8th, you now have your 2 keepers and a 1 pick (Tiger Teeth's) in the 8th

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Wes Mantooth - 08-17-2016

For future reference, I'm just curious about keeper value. So, the way it is set up is that you keep a player and have to forfeit one draft pick a rounder higher than the keeper was drafted, right?

Ex: I'm keeping Julio Jones and I took him the 2nd round. I'll have to use a first round pick from this year to keep him.

What if you're keeping a player that was taken in the first round? Do you give a 1st and a 8th? Just a 1st? And what if I were to keep someone like Julio Jones next season?