Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 07-31-2015

Probably a dumb question, but it says our draft is Sun. Aug. 30 at 6:00 PST. So that's 3:00 pm our time?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 08-02-2015

(07-24-2015, 10:01 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Here's the thread where we can discuss all of the options moving forward on how we want the league to go.  Draft format?  Scoring?  Etc...if you have a preference, suggest it and we will vote on it.

The current posters who have joined up with this league are:

Johnny Cupcakes
bfine32
Shake N Blake
Tiger Teeth
Vas Deferens (urinalcake)
HarleyDog
Sunset Bengal
Wes Mantooth (Toast Jones)
djs7685

We still have 3 spots left.  I've sent out PMs to the guys that I've played with before, but we still need 3 people to sign up.  Several people that I talked to have expressed interest, but haven't joined yet.  If you'd like to fill in in the case that we don't have the correct number of people, or if anyone decides that they can't do it, let me know.

That's an outright lie Fruitcakes cause you didn't send me shit and I was in the championship game last season! If you're scared just say you're scared with your weak ass FFB game. You know where you can stick this league and your weak ass football mind. Piss off!!
I have the screen shots to prove you're a chicken shit liar.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-02-2015

(08-02-2015, 01:06 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: That's an outright lie Fruitcakes cause you didn't send me shit and I was in the championship game last season! If you're scared just say you're scared with your weak ass FFB game. You know where you can stick this league and your weak ass football mind. Piss off!!

Are you joking?  Or are you really this pissed off?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 08-02-2015

(08-02-2015, 01:06 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: That's an outright lie Fruitcakes cause you didn't send me shit and I was in the championship game last season! If you're scared just say you're scared with your weak ass FFB game. You know where you can stick this league and your weak ass football mind. Piss off!!

Someone forgot their Xanax today....

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 08-02-2015

(07-31-2015, 04:03 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Probably a dumb question, but it says our draft is Sun. Aug. 30 at 6:00 PST.  So that's 3:00 pm our time?

There's no time set yet. That's just a placeholder.

Speaking of the time and day of the draft, anyone have any more preferences?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 08-02-2015

(08-02-2015, 08:18 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Are you joking?  Or are you really this pissed off?

The man said he pm'ed the guys that were in the league last year. It's right there in his post. He didn't give me any heads up or pm me. He didn't even know who Brandon Cooks was and was trying to trash talk me for taking him in the late rounds last season.
Now, do I wanna beat wholesale ass over it? No, but I call-em like I see them. I finished second to bfine in this league last season. I posted a post that was in this thread regarding a solution to the problem with no answer for two days, so I posted one with a little more umph and it was replied to immediately.
I suggested we go to a 14 team format since I already had tenure,finished second, and was originally in this league but for some reason left out....Received no answer to that one so I can only come to the conclusion that he's worried about having too many strong fantasy players in his league. Shake and bfine are strong players. I can't speak for any of the others cause haven't done a lot if any FFB with y'all.
I can only infer that he must be scared of having too many knowledgeable managers in this league. In my experience the more quality managers, the better a league usually is.
I'm not scared of a 14 team format. It only makes it more interesting and brings the cream to the top of the heap. JC is actually a decent manager himself so I don't understand why he's worried of a little more competition.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rfaulk34 - 08-02-2015

(08-02-2015, 02:38 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: The man said he pm'ed the guys that were in the league last year. It's right there in his post. He didn't give me any heads up or pm me. He didn't even know who Brandon Cooks was and was trying to trash talk me for taking him in the late rounds last season.
Now, do I wanna beat wholesale ass over it? No, but I call-em like I see them. I finished second to bfine in this league last season. I posted a post that was in this thread regarding a solution to the problem with no answer for two days, so I posted one with a little more umph and it was replied to immediately.
I suggested we go to a 14 team format since I already had tenure,finished second, and was originally in this league but for some reason left out....Received no answer to that one so I can only come to the conclusion that he's worried about having too many strong fantasy players in his league. Shake and bfine are strong players. I can't speak for any of the others cause haven't done a lot if any FFB with y'all.
I can only infer that he must be scared of having too many knowledgeable managers in this league. In my experience the more quality managers, the better a league usually is.
I'm not scared of a 14 team format. It only makes it more interesting and brings the cream to the top of the heap. JC is actually a decent manager himself so I don't understand why he's worried of a little more competition.

I get the argument that you deserve to be there but no one is scared to play FF because other people have proven to be better at it. It's just a game. 

Seems it would have been better for you to PM him and simply say 'hey, i was there last year and didn't get an invite and didn't see this thread till late in the process. Can you get me in?'

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-02-2015

(08-02-2015, 03:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: no one is scared to play FF because other people have proven to be better at it 

I'm a little......nervous.  I don't have the greatest track record.   Confused

(08-02-2015, 02:38 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: The man said he pm'ed the guys that were in the league last year. It's right there in his post. He didn't give me any heads up or pm me. He didn't even know who Brandon Cooks was and was trying to trash talk me for taking him in the late rounds last season.

Dude, this is a completely new league.  Very first year.  I started it because I wanted to create a fantasy football league, and I emailed a few people that I've played with in the past to see if they wanted to join, not people that I played with last year. This league is not associated with any one in the past, so I have no clue why you're so butthurt about it.  I'm sorry that I didn't send you an invite, but it is what it is.  If this were a renewal of an old league, I guess I'd understand the crying....but it isn't, and you look silly by freaking out about it. 

Half of the stuff that you're talking about, I either don't remember (Brandin Cooks) or are not true (14 team suggestion), so I can only assume that you're getting this league confused with another.  

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - CageTheBengal - 08-02-2015

(08-02-2015, 02:22 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: There's no time set yet.  That's just a placeholder.  

Speaking of the time and day of the draft, anyone have any more preferences?

Sometime before the 20th would be best for me I'm going on vacation and won't have internet for a while. HarleyDog mentioned Saturday mornings that would work really well for me.

How often do teams sit players during week 17 since they've changed the scheduling so teams play a division rival? I noticed the playoffs were in week 17.

(08-02-2015, 03:23 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Dude, this is a completely new league.  Very first year.  I started it because I wanted to create a fantasy football league, and I emailed a few people that I've played with in the past to see if they wanted to join, not people that I played with last year. This league is not associated with any one in the past, so I have no clue why you're so butthurt about it.  I'm sorry that I didn't send you an invite, but it is what it is.  If this were a renewal of an old league, I guess I'd understand the crying....but it isn't, and you look silly by freaking out about it. 

Half of the stuff that you're talking about, I either don't remember (Brandin Cooks) or are not true (14 team suggestion), so I can only assume that you're getting this league confused with another.  

I suppose that could be the case and if so my apologies but it sure looks a lot like the league that several of us did last season and it's on your yahoo just like it is mine. Best of luck to all of you. Spin it how you like cupcakes.

(08-02-2015, 03:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I get the argument that you deserve to be there but no one is scared to play FF because other people have proven to be better at it. It's just a game. 

Seems it would have been better for you to PM him and simply say 'hey, i was there last year and didn't get an invite and didn't see this thread till late in the process. Can you get me in?'

Perhaps, but it's on his yahoo as it is mine. Ask bfine or shake. His memory is much like a politicians, a convenient device that can be turned on and off depending on the goal or need.  I'm no longer concerned with it.

(08-02-2015, 03:59 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I suppose that could be the case and if so my apologies but it sure looks a lot like the league that several of us did last season and it's on your yahoo just like it is mine. Best of luck to all of you. Spin it how you like cupcakes.

Maybe you're talking about the league that we're both currently in on yahoo, that has a total of 6 members.  If no one wanted to return, that's not my fault.  This is the very first league that I've ever started and you're definitely the confused one here.  

There is no "spin" going on.  You realized that you were wrong and that looked foolish for making such a big deal out of something that you didn't have anything to do with.  Sack up, be a man, and quit crying.

(08-02-2015, 03:51 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: Sometime before the 20th would be best for me I'm going on vacation and won't have internet for a while. HarleyDog mentioned Saturday mornings that would work really well for me.

How often do teams sit players during week 17 since they've changed the scheduling so teams play a division rival? I noticed the playoffs were in week 17.

How long are you going to be vacationing?  I don't think we'll be doing it before the 20th as that's only into the 1st week of the preseason.  A lot of things can happen in those last 3 weeks that can destroy your team before they even have a chance to play.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Wes Mantooth - 08-02-2015

Popcorn

(08-02-2015, 04:18 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Maybe you're talking about the league that we're both currently in on yahoo, that has a total of 6 members.  If no one wanted to return, that's not my fault.  This is the very first league that I've ever started and you're definitely the confused one here.  

There is no "spin" going on.  You realized that you were wrong and that looked foolish for making such a big deal out of something that you didn't have anything to do with.  Sack up, be a man, and quit crying.

Yep that's the one that we ALL were in last season. I offered you an apology though you don't deserve one. Enjoy finishing close to last place again and take me out of that league. As I mentioned not interested in doing it now.

(08-02-2015, 06:24 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Yep that's the one that we ALL were in last season. I offered you an apology though you don't deserve one. Enjoy finishing close to last place again and take me out of that league. As I mentioned not interested in doing it now.

I'll promise to enjoy possibly finishing in close to last place, as long as you promise to enjoy not getting the chance to be in the league.  I'm actually really glad that I didn't invite you to this....I really don't feel like dealing with the butthurt whining.

(08-02-2015, 03:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I get the argument that you deserve to be there but no one is scared to play FF because other people have proven to be better at it. It's just a game. 

The thing is: there was never anything from last year to go off of. This is not a continuation of any league that I've ever participated in. I thought starting a league would be fun, and invited a bunch of people that I've played with in different leagues before.

I really don't even understand the complaint. If this dude started a league with a bunch of random members that he'd played with before and I didn't get the invite, I wouldn't crusade about how I was wronged for being left out of this brand new league.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 08-02-2015

I will say 2 things:

McNeil should have been 1 of the 12

McNeil is handling his omission very poorly

Leave it to bfine to light a candle:

First I will happily surrender my spot to McNeil (I do not want a 14 team league). If folks agree to this, then problem solved.

If this is unacceptable I recommend a 2nd "JV league." A second league with a minimum of 8 players. At the end of the season. The bottom 3 of Cupcake's league are relegated to the JV league, the top 3 of the JV league are promoted, and the bottom 3 of the JV league are removed and 3 more in waiting are entered.

This works really well in a keeper league as one of the new mangers must take over the roster of one of the relegated teams.

I will organize the JV league if McNeil takes my spot in the Cupcake league.

Remember everyone: It's fantasy football, it is supposed to be fun.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - CageTheBengal - 08-02-2015

(08-02-2015, 05:34 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: How long are you going to be vacationing?  I don't think we'll be doing it before the 20th as that's only into the 1st week of the preseason.  A lot of things can happen in those last 3 weeks that can destroy your team before they even have a chance to play.

I talked to one of my friends I'm staying with and he told me there's going to be internet at the cabin we're staying at so it's not an issue anymore.