Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 08-22-2016

(08-22-2016, 07:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Mine look alright.  Do you need any sort of confirmation, other than this message?

Nope

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SunsetBengal - 08-22-2016

In the league notes, it says that our live draft cannot take place due to errors by the commish.

Has this already been resolved, should I just dismiss?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 08-22-2016

(08-22-2016, 07:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In the league notes, it says that our live draft cannot take place due to errors by the commish.  

Has this already been resolved, should I just dismiss?

The league is ready to draft

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Wes Mantooth - 08-23-2016

Mine are good.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-23-2016

Mine are good.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 08-23-2016

My keepers look good as well.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 08-23-2016

(08-22-2016, 07:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Something we can try this year; as I've been playing around with the customize draft tool (BTW, I have all 12 picks in the 1st Rd), is trade Keepers/Picks. For instance I have the 1st overall pick and being as I'm not a tOSU homer, I don't have to have Zeke Elliott. Perhaps someone wants to throw in the first and a later pick to move up. Or Dez Bryant is available, but you'll most likely have to have one of the top 3 picks to get him. so Toast may offer up Dez Bryant for the 1-3 pick ect...

I think it can add entertainment. I (JC can override me) not consider any trades that include next year's picks. Also I will go with the majority. I'm actually pretty flexible.

I like the idea of being able to trade draft picks as the draft rolls along.  I did it once, and it takes a bit longer because everyone is trying to trade picks at every single selection, but it's a fun idea.

I'm not a big fan of trading future picks because Yahoo doesn't have a good way of keeping track of that.

As you said though, I'm for whatever the majority rules.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Shake n Blake - 08-23-2016

Keepers look good.

As for trades, I have enough trouble sorting through all the players I want in the 2 minutes I'm on the clock. Considering trades would just muddy it up even further. Plus I may be on my phone app, which would make it pretty much impossible.

I'm fine of yall want to trade amongst youselves though.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - CageTheBengal - 08-23-2016

I'm for doing trades during the draft but we may want to extend the clock a little bit. If only some are into it though it might not be worth pursuing.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SunsetBengal - 08-23-2016

I'm not against owners trading during the draft, but I won't be proposing or entertaining any offers.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Bengal Dude - 08-23-2016

My keeper looks good.

I don't have a problem with trades, but I won't be participating in them.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-23-2016

(08-23-2016, 02:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not against owners trading during the draft, but I won't be proposing or entertaining any offers.

(08-23-2016, 04:03 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I don't have a problem with trades, but I won't be participating in them.

Same for me.  Don't get mad when I say no thanks.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 08-23-2016

Just to clarify: I've been around the Bengal mock draft to know trades during the draft are a mess waiting to happen; I was talking about this week leading up to the draft. That's why I only mentioned draft picks and keepers. Once the draft begins I'm pretty sure the Commish cannot stop it to process trades.

I'll throw one out a couple right now:

The #1 overall pick for Todd Gurley

The #1 overall pick for a later 1st rounder and a mid-round pick.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - CageTheBengal - 08-23-2016

(08-23-2016, 05:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just to clarify: I've been around the Bengal mock draft to know trades during the draft are a mess waiting to happen; I was talking about this week leading up to the draft. That's why I only mentioned draft picks and keepers. Once the draft begins I'm pretty sure the Commish cannot stop it to process trades.

I'll throw one out a couple right now:

The #1 overall pick for Todd Gurley

The #1 overall pick for a later 1st rounder and a mid-round pick.

I like the idea. If anyone wants to send me an offer for David Johnson I'm open to hearing it.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Wes Mantooth - 08-24-2016

Being that it's a free league I personally would vote against trades going on during the draft.

I think simplicity is key with these types of leagues. Getting ten people who are willing to actually participate in the draft, and set their lineup every week, can be a struggle. It can be tough to get a somewhat even level of owner activity as well (waiver claims, trades made, lineup adjustments).

So I think if it gets too convoluted then it will just become too much work for some (especially the commish). Note: Props to Bfine for doing everything he has thus far. That had to take a decent amount of time, and I appreciate his efforts in relaying everything to all of us as well.

If we were to allow for trades during the draft the clock would have to be set at a minimum of 5 minutes a pick. That's a big difference in time. Let's just say with the longer clock, on average we use just a half of minute to a minute longer than had we stayed with a 2 minute time. There's going to be 150 + picks. You're talking 75-150 more minutes. 1.25 to 2.5 more hours.

So yeah, +1 vote for against draft day trades. I think the fact we've managed to install keepers is already quite an accomplishment for a free, somewhat annonymous league. Let's quit while we're ahead.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Wes Mantooth - 08-24-2016

(08-23-2016, 05:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The #1 overall pick for a later 1st rounder and a mid-round pick.

Someone should jump all over this.

I don't have a late first, but I do have an early 2nd. Pick #10.  What type of pick would you want paired with that?  

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - MrRager - 08-24-2016

My keepers look good. Unfortunately, I cannot draft because I work 2nd shift so no trades for me. I can still steamroll this league with an autopicked team!

(08-24-2016, 02:36 AM)MrRager Wrote: My keepers look good. Unfortunately, I cannot draft because I work 2nd shift so no trades for me. I can still steamroll this league with an autopicked team!

There is a feature on yahoo where you can change your pre-draft rankings.  At least that way the computer is somewhat working off what you think.  I think it's a somewhat decent compromise for those who can't make the draft.  

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-24-2016

(08-24-2016, 02:36 AM)MrRager Wrote: I can still steamroll this league with an autopicked team!

Yeah, I heard that last year.   Ninja

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - MrRager - 08-25-2016

(08-24-2016, 02:59 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: There is a feature on yahoo where you can change your pre-draft rankings.  At least that way the computer is somewhat working off what you think.  I think it's a somewhat decent compromise for those who can't make the draft.  

Yeah, I will definitely be tweaking those this weekend. Going through and making player rankings is one of my favorite parts of the fantasy year.