Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BenZoo2 - 05-07-2017

I'd be interested in joining if there's an opening

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - HarleyDog - 05-07-2017

(05-07-2017, 12:10 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I'd be interested in joining if there's an opening

There might be a waiting list. However, good luck to you. I'm sure it will get fired up again after training camp and a few preseason games are played. I will definitely be both feet in this year. Missed the damn draft last year and got stuck with crap.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 05-07-2017

(05-07-2017, 12:00 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: So when do we start getting the Board League together?  I guess Wes has left for good, and that leaves a manager spot open?  Who's the commish?  I want answers damnit!  lol
I am the paterfamilias. Was not aware the Toast left. Just squat and hold for a couple more months. I'll send out the invites mid- July.

I will look at having a auction draft this year.

BTW, didn't I win last year?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - CageTheBengal - 05-07-2017

(05-07-2017, 12:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I am the paterfamilias. Was not aware the Toast left. Just squat and hold for a couple more months. I'll send out the invites mid- July.

I will look at having a auction draft this year.

BTW, didn't I win last year?

No I whooped you by like 100 points. The league page isn't working (Or I got booted.) or I'd be happy to post the recap for your viewing pleasure.

and nay on the auction draft.

Why change what is working instead of making a new league?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - CageTheBengal - 05-07-2017

(12-27-2016, 12:45 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: "CageTheBengal registered the highest point total this season (including playoffs) to beat Hugh G. Rection 183.86 to 129.66."

[Image: Untitled-1_3.png]

[Image: 1f29fbbdb3465c20eba225c2afd08db35a2d09e9...fefae5.jpg]

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SunsetBengal - 05-07-2017

(05-07-2017, 03:15 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: No I whooped you by like 100 points. The league page isn't working (Or I got booted.) or I'd be happy to post the recap for your viewing pleasure.

and nay on the auction draft.

Why change what is working instead of making a new league?

How does the auction style draft differ from the standard?  (yes, I'm that ignorant)

(05-07-2017, 03:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How does the auction style draft differ from the standard?  (yes, I'm that ignorant)

It has been a while since I've played one so I might be wrong on some of the details but here's the basics.

Each fantasy player starts out with a set amount of cash and all of the players we would draft have a set price with the most valuable being the most expensive to purchase. The auction league I was in years ago we still had a draft order so it wasn't so much of an auction like the highest bidder. Basically it's like shopping for NFL players and you are trying to get the most bang for your buck.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SunsetBengal - 05-07-2017

(05-07-2017, 04:08 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: It has been a while since I've played one so I might be wrong on some of the details but here's the basics.

Each fantasy player starts out with a set amount of cash and all of the players we would draft have a set price with the most valuable being the most expensive to purchase. The auction league I was in years ago we still had a draft order so it wasn't so much of an auction like the highest bidder. Basically it's like shopping for NFL players and you are trying to get the most bang for your buck.

Oh, so it would be like fanduel?

(05-07-2017, 05:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oh, so it would be like fanduel?

Not sure. I've never tried fanduel.

The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BenZoo2 - 05-07-2017

My understanding of an auction draft is when it's your "pick" you nominate or put a player up for bid. If no one else bids on that player you get him for the bid price. Otherwise the highest bidder wins and the process is repeated until all teams are filled or out of cash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 05-07-2017

(05-07-2017, 03:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: How does the auction style draft differ from the standard?  (yes, I'm that ignorant)

(05-07-2017, 06:59 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: My understanding of an auction draft is when it's your "pick" you nominate or put a player up for bid.  If no one else bids on that player you get him for the bid price.  Otherwise the highest bidder wins and the process is repeated until all teams are filled or out of cash

It is the one true way where when you draft is not important.

You start out with a set amount $500

The when it's your turn to "draft" you nominate a player, then everybody is free to bid. Highest bidder gets the player. The goal I to use all your money, but not too quick.

(05-07-2017, 07:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is the one true way where when you draft is not important.

The when it's your turn to "draft" you nominate a player, then everybody is free to bid. Highest bidder gets the player. The goal I to use all your money, but not too quick.

And everyone has a chance to bid on whoever they want

(05-07-2017, 07:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is the one true way where when you draft is not important.

Nay, I think that would take all night, especially on here.  Would be different if we were all meeting in a room together.

(05-07-2017, 07:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nay, I think that would take all night, especially on here.  Would be different if we were all meeting in a room together.

If the draft is done through the website that the league runs through then picks are completed in a set time frame, like 2,3 or 5 minutes

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 05-07-2017

I would prefer we kept the draft the way it's been. But I'm old and don't like things to change. As far as Toast (Wes) goes, he said he was leaving and never coming back. It's in one of the threads in JN.

P.S. Is JC gonna' play? I haven't seen him in a while.

(05-07-2017, 09:00 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I would prefer we kept the draft the way it's been.  But I'm old and don't like things to change.  As far as Toast (Wes) goes, he said he was leaving and never coming back.  It's in one of the threads in JN.

P.S.  Is JC gonna' play?  I haven't seen him in a while.

Yeah, I think that I'd prefer to keep it traditional on the draft.  Good question about JC, I'm sure he'll be back when football picks back up again.  Sorry to learn about Wes, aka ToastJones.  I liked his flavor on the boards.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 05-07-2017

(05-07-2017, 09:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, I think that I'd prefer to keep it traditional on the draft.  Good question about JC, I'm sure he'll be back when football picks back up again.  Sorry to learn about Wes, aka ToastJones.  I liked his flavor on the boards.

Wes Mantooth

Welp, that's that. After 38 years that's the final nail in the coffin. I could, as I often do, write a novel explaining myself but why bother? I've wasted enough time.

A lot of good people on this site. Best of luck to you all. Take care.

-Toast Jones

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Vas Deferens - 05-08-2017

Going to break it off in dat azz bois. Need to make a sug bet this yr where all the losers have to display something like 'vd got all up in my guts and I liked it, begged for more'.

Mixon is going to go for such a ridiculous amount.

Also I think coach McNeil gets first priority on the new team wire. We had it out with him previously and he dealt with it well. Believe I played with him in another league and he knows what he's doing and is active. Also is a willing, flexible recipient.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - rezolve11 - 05-08-2017

I would love to join if there are more openings. :andy:

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - CageTheBengal - 05-08-2017

Say you have a player you want to keep 2 seasons in a row. How is that players value determined considering they weren't in the draft the previous year.