Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-03-2015

(08-03-2015, 08:35 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I don't support this idea.

I vote for keeping the current 12 and not having a guy join that takes fantasy football waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

Me too.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SunsetBengal - 08-03-2015

(08-03-2015, 08:35 AM)djs7685 Wrote: I don't support this idea.

I vote for keeping the current 12 and not having a guy join that takes fantasy football waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously.

(08-03-2015, 09:45 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Me too.

That's weak, fellas.  I will enjoy losing to all of you, as much as the next guy.  But, in all fairness, Coach should have a spot.  I say we should move to 14 teams, or I should back out.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - djs7685 - 08-03-2015

(08-03-2015, 03:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's weak, fellas.  I will enjoy losing to all of you, as much as the next guy.  But, in all fairness, Coach should have a spot.  I say we should move to 14 teams, or I should back out.

14 teams is awful. Nobody should back out.

I don't know why anybody "should" have a spot. Especially someone that has clearly proven to be a hot head when it comes to fantasy sports. This league is purely for fun, and it doesn't seem like he would be fun to play fantasy football with.

That whole "omg, ur all afraid of my strong management skills!!!!!" tirade can't really be taken back at this point, in my opinion at least.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-03-2015

I'm not really interested in a 14 team league. I'm probably the weakest player overall, and there would be no point in me playing.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 08-03-2015

(08-03-2015, 03:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's weak, fellas.  I will enjoy losing to all of you, as much as the next guy.  But, in all fairness, Coach should have a spot.  I say we should move to 14 teams, or I should back out.

If you drop out, PAPinhead will be offered your spot.  Not because of McNeil's tirade (I can forgive and forget), but because he asked first.

I would say that 14 teams would be ok and we could invite them both, but 14 team leagues are weak.  Even then, what happens when someone else wants a spot? We need to expand again?  I say....keep your spot, and apologies to anyone who got left out this year.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 08-03-2015

(08-03-2015, 03:22 PM)djs7685 Wrote: 14 teams is awful. Nobody should back out.

I don't know why anybody "should" have a spot. Especially someone that has clearly proven to be a hot head when it comes to fantasy sports. This league is purely for fun, and it doesn't seem like he would be fun to play fantasy football with.

That whole "omg, ur all afraid of my strong management skills!!!!!" tirade can't really be taken back at this point, in my opinion at least.
You don't even know me except for one buzzed "tirade" concerning a league that I thought I was a standing member of. At the time I didn't realize that this was to be a completely new and different league,now I do.
You wouldn't have wanted to go against me anyways. However, I'm certain that Shake and Bfine will help you find a shred of humbleness as the season goes on.

I am grateful for the respect and kind gestures shown to me by some of the original boards most well respected members. Thank you guys. 
Cupcakes push forward with your league my apology to you still stands.

However, those that claim that a 14 team format is weak are completely wrong. A 14 team format only keeps scoring down and shows the true skill of strong managers.

I would prefer if all that signed on stay and enjoy the league this year. I would not accept an invite or enjoy this league at this point anyways, but thanks again.

Best of luck to you all. 

(08-03-2015, 06:00 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: You wouldn't have wanted to go against me anyways. However, I'm certain that Shake and Bfine will help you find a shred of humbleness as the season goes on.

Way to prove me completely right. So you're just another asshole that thinks he's hot shit while playing a game with nothing on the line with a group of anonymous people. This is supposed to be fun. "You wouldn't want to play me" is something a 13 year old would say. Honestly, you just proved me to be right about everything I've said.

Congrats. I have no idea why anyone would want to play fantasy football with you.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SunsetBengal - 08-03-2015

(08-03-2015, 06:12 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Way to prove me completely right. So you're just another asshole that thinks he's hot shit while playing a game with nothing on the line with a group of anonymous people. This is supposed to be fun. "You wouldn't want to play me" is something a 13 year old would say. Honestly, you just proved me to be right about everything I've said.

Congrats. I have no idea why anyone would want to play fantasy football with you.

So what?  You "win" the argument?  Let it go, the man apologized after explaining himself.

With that said, I'm staying in.  I'm sure that y'all will have much mirth and merriment, at the expense of my team.  I'll likely spend about an hour looking at some generic list of fantasy projection values, and about 5 minutes each week setting my lineup. LOL

(08-03-2015, 06:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So what?  You "win" the argument?  Let it go, the man apologized after explaining himself.

With that said, I'm staying in.  I'm sure that y'all will have much mirth and merriment, at the expense of my team.  I'll likely spend about an hour looking at some generic list of fantasy projection values, and about 5 minutes each week setting my lineup. LOL

He apologized while still letting everyone know how he's a "strong manager" and telling multiple people that we "wouldn't want to play him anyway".

Let's be honest, if he was somebody that you generally didn't get along with, you'd have no problem calling him a tool right now. Some of these lines from Coach have to give you douche chills. Nobody other than teenagers talk the way he is right now, and you'd be piling on if it weren't a guy you happen to like on here.

(08-03-2015, 06:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So what?  You "win" the argument?  Let it go, the man apologized after explaining himself.

You honestly don't understand how bad I am.  I'm looking forward to playing, and getting better, but you've got to start somewhere.  Don't worry too much about being embarrassed, I got that covered.

(08-03-2015, 06:27 PM)djs7685 Wrote: He apologized while still letting everyone know how he's a "strong manager" and telling multiple people that we "wouldn't want to play him anyway".

Let's be honest, if he was somebody that you generally didn't get along with, you'd have no problem calling him a tool right now. Some of these lines from Coach have to give you douche chills. Nobody other than teenagers talk the way he is right now, and you'd be piling on if it weren't a guy you happen to like on here.

I'd take up for you, if I thought that you were getting grief without due.  I can put politics and personal preferences aside, can you?  I'm just saying that he thought he was a standing member of the fantasy league, he obviously missed the memo about the start this year.  He has apologized for letting his emotions get the best of him, yet he still maintains his competitive aura.  What's wrong with that?  As fans of a contact sport, aren't we all a little bit "competitive" by nature?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - MrRager - 08-03-2015

If more people drop out, I would love to play. I would call myself "decent" at fantasy, and at the very least will be active.

Even though it might make it harder for me to join, I personally am a fan of 12 man leagues. That number just seems to be perfect for a causal-but-I-still-sorta-care league.

I am also willing to join in the JV league if bfines idea takes flight.

(08-03-2015, 07:05 PM)MrRager Wrote: If more people drop out, I would love to play. I would call myself "decent" at fantasy, and at the very least will be active.

Even though it might make it harder for me to join, I personally am a fan of 12 man leagues. That number just seems to be perfect for a causal-but-I-still-sorta-care league.

I am also willing to join in the JV league if bfines idea takes flight.

You know, it might be nice if 3 leagues were running on this board.  Then, the top 4 of each league could proceed to the 'masters" league next season, and the also rans could be divided up among the other two.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Vas Deferens - 08-03-2015

(08-02-2015, 04:18 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Maybe you're talking about the league that we're both currently in on yahoo, that has a total of 6 members.  If no one wanted to return, that's not my fault.  This is the very first league that I've ever started and you're definitely the confused one here.  

There is no "spin" going on.  You realized that you were wrong and that looked foolish for making such a big deal out of something that you didn't have anything to do with.  Sack up, be a man, and quit crying.

My immediate thought.

(08-02-2015, 10:12 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I don't see any scenario moving forward where JC and I will be having "fun" together on any level. 
It is certainly supposed to be about fun and I enjoyed competing with y'all last season. However, nothing about someone openly lying to me,himself, and the other members of this board or league is fun. Best of luck to eleven of you.

wow.  chill houndizzles.  you'll find another league, but just realize it wont be the OFFICIAL bengalsboard league.   dont come around here and start talking shit about your FFB prowess in some knockoff bullshit league we dont care about.  this is an exclusive club that you apparently got blacklisted from with your little buzzed outburst.  you can put that on your list of things that made you wake up and come back and apologize when you hit step 8.

this OFFICIAL league is going to be great, the lead up already has me jazzing all over an old toast jones avatar i keep in a dirty manilla folder on my desktop.  I do like the idea of an OFFICIAL JV league (think we can make that one accessible to the big dick varsity league too in yahoo), but dont let mcneil in it, just because.  

In terms of set up items you mentioned, my preference is no divisions, but doesnt matter, not going to take my boot off all your internet troll heads till its too late anyway.  I would suggest putting a limit on adds/drops (not trades) and clearly defining the waiver wire availability ahead of time (W through Thurs, etc.)

(08-03-2015, 07:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You know, it might be nice if 3 leagues were running on this board.  Then, the top 4 of each league could proceed to the 'masters" league next season, and the also rans could be divided up among the other two.

It would be cool to see a list of the 12 people currently involved in the big boy league so we can maybe work on getting a JV league together. 

If no one drops out I know we have PApinhead and I so we would obviously need a lot more and could maybe make a new thread to recruit some people. I would prefer that league to also have 12 teams, but would settle for 10 as well.

Also, I am another advocate of no divisions. I have tried that before and it ended up being bullshit. One division was basically the NFCS last year and it kept good teams from the other league out of the playoffs. And PPR. Yay ppr fosho.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 08-03-2015

I think the point that is getting overlooked here is that I am a returning Champion and as such I deserve a special title.

I merely suggested the JV as an alternate to a waiting list. The "Official League" on the Mothership only had a waiting list and you could only get in if someone dropped out. I'm pretty sure I was on the list for about 5 years before somebody I'd never heard of dropped out and I got the call.

I think we all should (in the league and not) should thank Johnny for creating the league and stop the drama. This will be my last post on the matter.

As to the issues at hand I vote:

12 teams
No divisions
Keepers (2)
6 playoff teams (weeks 14,15,16)
Live draft after week 3 of Preseason (Weekdays after 6 and weekend mornings work best but I am flexible)
Standard Scoring (No PPR)
Bottom 3 are eliminated (either go on waiting list if there is one or to the JV league if created)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 08-03-2015

(08-03-2015, 09:00 PM)MrRager Wrote: It would be cool to see a list of the 12 people currently involved in the big boy league so we can maybe work on getting a JV league together.
Johnny Cupcakes

bfine32
Shake N Blake
Tiger Teeth
Vas Deferens (urinalcake)
HarleyDog
Sunset Bengal
Wes Mantooth (Toast Jones)
djs7685
wolfkaosaun
Bengal Dude
ExtraRadiohead

(08-03-2015, 09:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Johnny Cupcakes

bfine32
Shake N Blake
Tiger Teeth
Vas Deferens (urinalcake)
HarleyDog
Sunset Bengal
Wes Mantooth (Toast Jones)
djs7685
wolfkaosaun
Bengal Dude
ExtraRadiohead

Thank you. I would like to be added to the waiting list and hopefully one of the first in if a JV is created. 

(08-03-2015, 09:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the point that is getting overlooked here is that I am a returning Champion and as such I deserve a special title.

I merely suggested the JV as an alternate to a waiting list. The "Official League" on the Mothership only had a waiting list and you could only get in if someone dropped out. I'm pretty sure I was on the list for about 5 years before somebody I'd never heard of dropped out and I got the call.

I think we all should (in the league and not) should thank Johnny for creating the league and stop the drama. This will be my last post on the matter.

As to the issues at hand I vote:

12 teams
No divisions
Keepers (2)
6 playoff teams (weeks 14,15,16)
Live draft after week 3 of Preseason (Weekdays after 6 and weekend mornings work best but I am flexible)
Standard Scoring (No PPR)
Bottom 3 are eliminated (either go on waiting list if there is one or to the JV league if created)

Sounds good.  I agree with all, but I like PPR.  I feel like PPR helps folks get more production out of RB2, TE, and such.

(08-03-2015, 09:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sounds good.  I agree with all, but I like PPR.  I feel like PPR helps folks get more production out of RB2, TE, and such.

What is PPR anyway?