Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 07-13-2017

(07-08-2017, 09:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'm cool with doing it your way brother. My only thing is if someone really has a sucky year, there's 10 good players off the board the next year. Makes it harder to make a comeback. Damn it, I just sounded like a Clinton! Eff that, I'm rolling with whatever! ThumbsUp

I'm getting crapped on in the keeper area too, but it's always possible to turn it around.  I think bfine went from worst in the league to runner-up last year.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 07-13-2017

I don't care either way. I'll roll with whatever you guys want to do. I have 2 keepers, or, I'm good with starting over.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 07-13-2017

I've been in a dynasty fbb league for the past eight years. The way it works is that a team can keep up to two keepers. If they want to only keep one they may do that, or they can decide not to keep any. When the draft begins they get to draft before the teams with keeper's up to the the second round, then the draft order falls into place. It is automatically done by the draft system, ESPN or Yahoo in my experience with keeper leagues.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SunsetBengal - 07-13-2017

So, are we rethinking keepers? I know that we all agreed that we were going to do keepers, but I'm cool if we just draft fresh teams, as well.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 07-14-2017

(07-13-2017, 03:42 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I don't care either way.  I'll roll with whatever you guys want to do.  I have 2 keepers, or, I'm good with starting over.

(07-13-2017, 06:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, are we rethinking keepers?  I know that we all agreed that we were going to do keepers, but I'm cool if we just draft fresh teams, as well.

I imagine that it would be the same as it was when we set it all up.  We started this league with keepers, and unless it's really not working out, I don't see why we would change it.  It seems to be working...I know a few people may not have the best keepers, but that's really on them.  I might actually have the worst keeper potential in the league.....womp womp.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 07-14-2017

(07-13-2017, 04:19 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I've been in a dynasty fbb league for the past eight years. The way it works is that a team can keep up to two keepers. If they want to only keep one they may do that, or they can decide not to keep any.  When the draft begins they get to draft before the teams with keeper's up to the the second round, then the draft order falls into place. It is automatically done by the draft system, ESPN or Yahoo in my experience with keeper leagues.

We know how to set keepers and we don't do it exactly like you described. They keeper costs you one round higher than he was drafted. UDFAs cost you a 7th rd.

With JC's input: we will stay with keepers. These are the proposed rules:

A keeper costs you a round higher than they were drafted (up until a 1st rounder of course)

If he is a second year keeper he costs you the next higher round (Drafted is the 4th in 2015, cost a 3rd to keep in 2016, will cost a 2nd to keep in 2017, ect...)

You can keep 1, 2 or none.

My 2 keepers will be Zeke Elliott and Jay Ajayi. I drafted Zeke in the 1st and Jay in the 12th so I lose a 1st and an 11th.

You can also trade keepers for draft picks. For instance if someone wanted to give me a second for Ajayi I might listen.

So what I need each person to do is list their keeper(s), I'll tell you the round they cost you, and we can look at trades.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SunsetBengal - 07-14-2017

I will keep Antonio Brown.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 07-14-2017

(07-14-2017, 01:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We know how to set keepers and we don't do it exactly like you described. They keeper costs you one round higher than he was drafted. UDFAs cost you a 7th rd.

A keeper costs you a round higher than they were drafted (up until a 1st rounder of course)

If he is a second year keeper he costs you the next higher round (Drafted is the 4th in 2015, cost a 3rd to keep in 2016, will cost a 2nd to keep in 2017, ect...)

My 2 keepers will be Zeke Elliott and Jay Ajayi. I drafted Zeke in the 1st and Jay in the 12th so I lose a 1st and an 11th.

You can also trade keepers for draft picks. For instance if someone wanted to give me a second for Ajayi I might listen.

So what I need each person to do is list their keeper(s), I'll tell you the round they cost you, and we can look at trades.
Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I wasn't trying to tell you how to do it. I was just conveying how most keeper leagues have been done from my past experience. I have to look at that team again to be sure, but from memory the only two that I would probably consider keeping is ODB & Cam.

Not willing to name them as keepers yet, but I am curious as to where they were drafted? Will go from there. Thanks again bfine.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 07-14-2017

I'm keeping DeMarco Murray, and Jordan Reed.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 07-14-2017

(07-14-2017, 05:58 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I wasn't trying to tell you how to do it. I was just conveying how most keeper leagues have been done from my past experience. I have to look at that team again to be sure, but from memory the only two that I would probably consider keeping is ODB & Cam.

Not willing to name them as keepers yet, but I am curious as to where they were drafted? Will go from there. Thanks again bfine.
Your final roster last year:

Cam Newton (Car - QB) 
Round 8, Pick 2

Odell Beckham Jr. (NYG - WR)
Round 1, Pick 11

Donte Moncrief (Ind - WR)
Round 3, Pick 11

Spencer Ware (KC - RB)  
Round 13, Pick 11

Terrance West (Bal - RB)
UDFA

Cameron Brate (TB - TE) 
UDFA

Chris Thompson (Was - RB)
UDFA

Delanie Walker (Ten - TE)
Round 5, Pick 11

Duke Johnson Jr. (Cle - RB)
Round 6, Pick 2

Mike Gillislee (NE - RB)
UDFA

Travis Benjamin (LAC - WR)
Round 10, Pick 2

James White (NE - RB)
UDFA

Robert Woods (LAR - WR)
UDFA

Dan Bailey (Dal - K) [url=https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/25427/news]
Round 15, Pick 5

Denver (Den - DEF)
Round 7, Pick 11

Remember they will cost you an earlier round or if they are UDFA they will cost you a 7th. 

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - CageTheBengal - 07-16-2017

Im taking David Johnson and Jordy Nelson.

A 7th and 1st I believe.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - HarleyDog - 07-16-2017

My team sucks. Time to rebuild.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Wes Mantooth - 07-16-2017

I will be keeping:

-Julio Jones (Round 1)
-Devonta Freemen (Round 7 cost, drafted in 8th last year)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 07-19-2017

(07-14-2017, 01:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We know how to set keepers and we don't do it exactly like you described. They keeper costs you one round higher than he was drafted. UDFAs cost you a 7th rd.

If we plan on keeping the same rules as last year, you would lose a 1st and an 8th.  Last year we forfeited a minimum of an 8th round pick to keep a player.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 07-21-2017

(07-19-2017, 09:30 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: If we plan on keeping the same rules as last year, you would lose a 1st and an 8th.  Last year we forfeited a minimum of an 8th round pick to keep a player.

So it shall be.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 07-21-2017

(07-14-2017, 02:23 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I will keep Antonio Brown.

Do you really feel good about yourself doing that?   Ninja

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SunsetBengal - 07-21-2017

(07-21-2017, 06:52 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Do you really feel good about yourself doing that?   Ninja

Of course I do.  I mean, I make love to many beautiful women, on a bed of $100 bills every night.  Why wouldn't I feel good about it?  Cool

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 07-28-2017

(07-21-2017, 08:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Of course I do.  I mean, I make love to many beautiful women, on a bed of $100 bills every night.  Why wouldn't I feel good about it?  Cool

[Image: AAoQHcA.img?h=308&w=550&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f...=298&y=165]

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Lawless_1 - 08-01-2017

I want in if you got a spot.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 08-01-2017

(08-01-2017, 03:15 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: I want in if you got a spot.

Lawless!! Where u been? 

Unfortunately we are full with a waiting list. I do know that Cage is running a second Board League (JV) and there are a couple folks double dipping. Perhaps one of them would be willing to give you their spot in that league. Or I could be thuggish and kick them out of this one....