Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 08-03-2015

(08-03-2015, 10:36 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: What is PPR anyway?

You get points for every catch your player makes.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-03-2015

(08-03-2015, 10:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You get points for every catch your player makes.

Got it, thanks.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 08-03-2015

This will be my final post on the Dawson's Creek that's happened over the last few pages.

I wanted to start a league that could stand the test of time. There was one on the old boards that had been around for a decade, so I wanted to maybe start something like that here. I had no ill intentions of leaving anyone out on purpose or to eliminate them from playing. I still don't want to do that. What I'd really like is to have a 20 team league, and have everyone any their mothers (except for bfine's.....woof) join up. I'd like for Pinhead and Rager, and even McNeil to be able to join up and have fun.

I didn't seek out to only invite my buddies to play in this league. As Sunset or bfine will tell you, sometimes we don't get along at all and are at each other's throats. I just wanted some posters who I knew would stick it out because I had played with them before.....so I started sending invites. Yes, I missed some people, and I apologize. I assure you that it wasn't intentional. For what it's worth, I did also post it in here as an open invite when there were three slots left....and it still wasn't full for a few days.

I hope to have fun with this league that has so far started off disastrously, and I hope that you all do to.

I do think that a second team is a great idea. I don't know about rotating rosters, (especially if we're doing keepers), but I do think it would be a good idea. If you guys would like, I can create it with the same settings that I have on this one, get the teams together, and then hand over commish duties and drop out......all as a show of apology and genuinely feeling bad about some guys getting left out. OR....someone else could start the league....whatever.

I'm just tired of getting on here to defend myself against accusations and deal with people being pissed off at me for no reason. Like someone said earlier, this is supposed to be a fun game, and instead it's like high school gym class with diarrhea.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 08-03-2015

(08-03-2015, 09:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 12 teams
No divisions
Keepers (2)
6 playoff teams (weeks 14,15,16)
Live draft after week 3 of Preseason (Weekdays after 6 and weekend mornings work best but I am flexible)
Standard Scoring (No PPR)
Bottom 3 are eliminated (either go on waiting list if there is one or to the JV league if created)

I'm cool with all of this, though it seems that most people are pulling for a half point PPR.  The rest of it is cool with me. 

One question.....how do you suggest doing keepers and also rotating in and out the bottom 3 of this league and the top 3 of another?  I'm not against either, it just seems like it may be difficult to orchestrate.

(08-03-2015, 11:12 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'm cool with all of this, though it seems that most people are pulling for a half point PPR.  The rest of it is cool with me. 

One question.....how do you suggest doing keepers and also rotating in and out the bottom 3 of this league and the top 3 of another?  I'm not against either, it just seems like it may be difficult to orchestrate.

Basically the top 3 of the JV takes one of the abandoned teams. 1st place gets first pick, ect... We have done this in a league that I have been a member of since 2004.

The JV should not be a keeper.

I have no problem with PPR if the majority wants.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - djs7685 - 08-03-2015

(08-03-2015, 11:12 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'm cool with all of this, though it seems that most people are pulling for a half point PPR.  The rest of it is cool with me. 

I think we should try to get all 12 people to put a vote in for the options that don't quite seem unanimous.

1. PPR, .5 PPR, no PPR
2. Keepers or no keepers
3. Bottom X teams to a different league

On those, I'm for some type of PPR. Never played with keepers but I'd vote yes because that could be fun.

As for #3, a big reason I accepted this league is so I can play with the same people every year and it becomes much more fun that way. I don't want to have a bad draft in 2 years and get knocked down to a different league. I think a waiting list is perfectly fine, but instead of waiting around not doing anything the people on the waiting list could be in a league of their own. I just really don't see the point of moving X amount of people each year if nobody wants to leave the league.

(08-03-2015, 10:48 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Got it, thanks.

No problem. I got you.

BTW a good drafting strategy is to get yourself an elite kicker before they are all gone. 3rd round at the latest.

(08-03-2015, 11:23 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I think we should try to get all 12 people to put a vote in for the options that don't quite seem unanimous.

1. PPR, .5 PPR, no PPR
2. Keepers or no keepers
3. Bottom X teams to a different league

On those, I'm for some type of PPR. Never played with keepers but I'd vote yes because that could be fun.

As for #3, a big reason I accepted this league is so I can play with the same people every year and it becomes much more fun that way. I don't want to have a bad draft in 2 years and get knocked down to a different league. I think a waiting list is perfectly fine, but instead of waiting around not doing anything the people on the waiting list could be in a league of their own. I just really don't see the point of moving X amount of people each year if nobody wants to leave the league.

I agree with all 3 of these bullets.  I personally would want a half point ppr, 2 keepers, and no rotation of the league.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-03-2015

(08-03-2015, 11:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No problem. I got you.

BTW a good drafting strategy is to get yourself an elite kicker before they are all gone. 3rd round at the latest.

Again much help, and appreciated!   ThumbsUp

(08-03-2015, 11:09 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'm just tired of getting on here to defend myself against accusations and deal with people being pissed off at me for no reason.  Like someone said earlier, this is supposed to be a fun game, and instead it's like high school gym class with diarrhea.

I think (?) that's all over with buddy.  Thanks for hanging in there and making this happen!

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 08-04-2015

(08-03-2015, 08:40 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: My immediate thought.

wow.  chill houndizzles.  you'll find another league, but just realize it wont be the OFFICIAL bengalsboard league.   dont come around here and start talking shit about your FFB prowess in some knockoff bullshit league we dont care about.  this is an exclusive club that you apparently got blacklisted from with your little buzzed outburst.  you can put that on your list of things that made you wake up and come back and apologize when you hit step 8.

this OFFICIAL league is going to be great, the lead up already has me jazzing all over an old toast jones avatar i keep in a dirty manilla folder on my desktop.  I do like the idea of an OFFICIAL JV league (think we can make that one accessible to the big dick varsity league too in yahoo), but dont let mcneil in it, just because.  

In terms of set up items you mentioned, my preference is no divisions, but doesnt matter, not going to take my boot off all your internet troll heads till its too late anyway.  I would suggest putting a limit on adds/drops (not trades) and clearly defining the waiver wire availability ahead of time (W through Thurs, etc.)
I was in the championship of this "official" MB league just last season. You're being a dick to me I suppose to try and look like a tough guy. I never said an unsavory word to you or about you. You are making a mistake by underestimating me and considering my willingness to admit my handling of this situation as weakness. You will soon find out that the cockiness in this league is alive and well but all in fun.
Have fun taking your "official" ass kicking on a weekly basis.
I suggest that you keep your smarmy rhetoric to yourself.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - MrRager - 08-04-2015

(08-03-2015, 11:09 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: This will be my final post on the Dawson's Creek that's happened over the last few pages.

I wanted to start a league that could stand the test of time.  There was one on the old boards that had been around for a decade, so I wanted to maybe start something like that here.  I had no ill intentions of leaving anyone out on purpose or to eliminate them from playing.  I still don't want to do that.  What I'd really like is to have a 20 team league, and have everyone any their mothers (except for bfine's.....woof) join up.  I'd like for Pinhead and Rager, and even McNeil to be able to join up and have fun.

I didn't seek out to only invite my buddies to play in this league.  As Sunset or bfine will tell you, sometimes we don't get along at all and are at each other's throats.  I just wanted some posters who I knew would stick it out because I had played with them before.....so I started sending invites.  Yes, I missed some people, and I apologize.  I assure you that it wasn't intentional.  For what it's worth, I did also post it in here as an open invite when there were three slots left....and it still wasn't full for a few days.

I hope to have fun with this league that has so far started off disastrously, and I hope that you all do to.

I do think that a second team is a great idea.  I don't know about rotating rosters, (especially if we're doing keepers), but I do think it would be a good idea.  If you guys would like, I can create it with the same settings that I have on this one, get the teams together, and then hand over commish duties and drop out......all as a show of apology and genuinely feeling bad about some guys getting left out.  OR....someone else could start the league....whatever.

I'm just tired of getting on here to defend myself against accusations and deal with people being pissed off at me for no reason.  Like someone said earlier, this is supposed to be a fun game, and instead it's like high school gym class with diarrhea.
You've become worse than Bradfitz with all of this drama, man. I mean, .fuckadayou.

But I have no issue being in another league that doesn't rotate into the other. I would just like to play with some of the people here so I hope we can get enough people (though I do think the idea could be fun. Especially if we get new posters who are VERY active on the boards).

Even though I'm most likely in the waiting/baby league, I vote:

0.5 PPR
2 Keepers
No divisions
6 playoffs teams
Late live draft
Decimal scoring (I can't believe some don't do this anymore)
Negatives for certain things (INTs, fumbles, etc)

And of course the rotation so I can fuk all y'all up next year.

One big thing is that that, if we do rotate 3, the new guy gets to choose his keepers correct? And how do the keepers work? Straight up keep, you lose the pick you drafted them last year, or a +1 round pick loss?

Also, bfine, you said first place gets first pick. Shouldn't be the opposite? Or since this is an "anonymous" league, that is the reward for winning?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - coachmcneil71 - 08-04-2015

(08-03-2015, 06:12 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Way to prove me completely right. So you're just another asshole that thinks he's hot shit while playing a game with nothing on the line with a group of anonymous people. This is supposed to be fun. "You wouldn't want to play me" is something a 13 year old would say. Honestly, you just proved me to be right about everything I've said.

Congrats. I have no idea why anyone would want to play fantasy football with you.

As for you, they are not anonymous people. I have been on the MB with several of them for years as well as having been in fantasy leagues with them. Cockiness and banter is part of the fun and package with some of this crew and that's one of the things that makes it enjoyable. We do this all in fun and none of us take it personal. It's just a part of this league. Without me being around you now have no one to keep Bfine from running his gator rampant.
You wouldn't know that being a noob and all. I wished you the best of luck now push on with your presumptuous self.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - MrRager - 08-04-2015

(08-04-2015, 04:28 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: As for you, they are not anonymous people. I have been on the MB with several of them for years as well as having been in fantasy leagues with them. Cockiness and banter is part of the fun and package with some of this crew and that's one of the things that makes it enjoyable. We do this all in fun and none of us take it personal. It's just a part of this league. Without me being around you now have no one to keep Bfine from running his gator rampant.
You wouldn't know that being a noob and all. I wished you the best of luck now push on with your presumptuous self.

Aw, man, I was kinda on your side, but calling someone a n00b? For real? That's... that's some 12 year old CoD shit...

(08-04-2015, 04:41 AM)MrRager Wrote: Aw, man, I was kinda on your side, but calling someone a n00b? For real? That's... that's some 12 year old CoD shit...

Me calling him a noob was in the context of the MB league. I'm pretty sure he is a newbie to the league.
Wts, I am not a member of this league so I will now bow out of his thread.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Vas Deferens - 08-04-2015

(08-04-2015, 03:56 AM)MrRager Wrote: Also, bfine, you said first place gets first pick. Shouldn't be the opposite? Or since this is an "anonymous" league, that is the reward for winning?

Believe he was talking about 1st place in the JV league gets 1st pick of rosters from the 3 teams relegated down from the big dick league.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 08-04-2015

(08-04-2015, 12:51 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Believe he was talking about 1st place in the JV league gets 1st pick of rosters from the 3 teams relegated down from the big dick league.

[Image: th?id=JN.mz4krABK5NrdEjr3gbMZfA&pid=15.1&P=0]

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-08-2015

Have we decided on a date and time for our draft? Or are we going with the one that's currently listed?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Johnny Cupcakes - 08-08-2015

(08-08-2015, 09:51 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Have we decided on a date and time for our draft?  Or are we going with the one that's currently listed?

The date and time is currently Saturday, 8-29 @ 11:00 am.  I just changed it to this. Early Saturday seemed to be the most popular time with everyone that had voted so far.  If there is anyone that can't make it, let me know, and we'll try to accommodate you.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 08-08-2015

(08-08-2015, 10:08 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The date and time is currently Saturday, 8-29 @ 11:00 am.  I just changed it to this. Early Saturday seemed to be the most popular time with everyone that had voted so far.  If there is anyone that can't make it, let me know, and we'll try to accommodate you.

That works for me.   ThumbsUp