Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 09-10-2018

(09-10-2018, 05:47 AM)hollodero Wrote: Well, I am stupid. I had a suspicion for years, but now it's undeniable.

Play Eli, I thought. He will cap the success of Beckham and Engram, I thought. Well, great thoughts there.

And Tyreek Hill is unfair.

How'd that trade folks were slamming you for work out for you this weekend?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Shake n Blake - 09-10-2018

Pending trades involving injured players should be rescinded, if the commish has any integrity. I'm pretty sure real NFL trades don't go through if a player is injured before the trade is finalized.

(09-10-2018, 04:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Pending trades involving injured players should be rescinded, if the commish has any integrity. I'm pretty sure real NFL trades don't go through if a player is injured before the trade is finalized.

Could you be a little more specific, before we start questioning my integrity?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 09-10-2018

Oh boy! Popcorn

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Shake n Blake - 09-10-2018

(09-10-2018, 05:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Could you be a little more specific, before we start questioning my integrity?

You seemed to be suggesting that holladero's side of the trade now looks pretty good, just hours after it was announced that Delanie Walker is out for the year.

The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BenZoo2 - 09-10-2018

The problem with trades on yahoo is the approval process. I don’t know when this trade was offered and accepted. Looked like there was a 1 day period for us to vote against it. Which I did not. At that point the trade should go through.

If during that process a player involved gets hurt then the owners should have the option to cancel the trade. My 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(09-10-2018, 05:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You seemed to be suggesting that holladero's side of the trade now looks pretty good, just hours after it was announced that Delanie Walker is out for the year.

Must admit I had no idea about Walker, was he even declared out for the season when I posted?

I simply asked Hollo because I had Alfred Morris in another league and he cost me points.

As to the integrity issue: I'd assume that lies with the owners that shook hands on the deal.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 09-10-2018

(09-10-2018, 01:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How'd that trade folks were slamming you for work out for you this weekend?

If your trade requires a major injury to work out then that doesnt make it a good trade, just luck.

Edit : Just saw your reply, gotta wait a week on all 49ers players considering they played the Vikings.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 09-10-2018

(09-10-2018, 06:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As to the integrity issue: I'd assume that lies with the owners that shook hands on the deal.

OK then. If shake believes the trade shall be called null and void, then so be it. No objections.

(09-10-2018, 06:14 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: If your trade requires a major injury to work out then that doesnt make it a good trade, just luck.

Edit : Just saw your reply, gotta wait a week on all 49ers players considering they played the Vikings.

Okay, so it's luck and we need to wait and see. No objections as well.

Hope everything's back to fine and dandy now.

It seems pretty simple to me. The review process is to make sure no obviously unfair trades go through. If a player gets injured during the review process, the trade is obviously no longer fair. I'd feel this way regardless of which side I was on.

Tbh, losing Crabs isn't all that big a deal. I'd probably start Will Fuller over him, but if this is how we handle injuries during review process, it's something to keep in mind before you pull the trigger going forward.

(09-10-2018, 06:41 PM)hollodero Wrote: OK then. If shake believes the trade shall be called null and void, then so be it. No objections.

I'll leave it up to you and accept things either way. I've been in other leagues where this happened and it was always rescinded, but every league is different. I was a little salty at first, but I'll get over it.

(09-10-2018, 06:41 PM)hollodero Wrote: OK then. If shake believes the trade shall be called null and void, then so be it. No objections.

(09-10-2018, 07:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'll leave it up to you and accept things either way. I've been in other leagues where this happened and it was always rescinded, but every league is different. I was a little salty at first, but I'll get over it.

The thing is the league settings are set for league approves, not Commissioner Veto. I don't know if I can void it. My personal opinion is the trade should stand if the league viewed it as fair when proposed. The waiting period is to stop someone who no longer cares accepting lopsided trades as presented.

The funny thing is, folks were considering this trade borderline unfair because of what you were getting. To me it's just dumb luck. If only we could have gotten a refund on Antonio Bryant.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 09-10-2018

(09-10-2018, 07:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The funny thing is, folks were considering this trade borderline unfair because of what you were getting. To me it's just dumb luck.

That it is. And now we're argueing whose bad luck Walker's injury should be. But never mind. I will offer him his players back, I guess you can push it through before Thursday and everyone's happy. Including me, because although I never heard of such customs, it's not worth making anyone mad over it.

Maybe I still have an outsider's perspective on all this. I believe, usually, one can have little idea who benefits from a more or less equal trade, especially before game 1. I just thought Crabtree is a good idea and Morris is not. Who could know for sure? I couldn't. I just wanted his players more than those I offered and that's that. I didn't consult any offical fantasy football writer's list before the trade offer and honestly didn't expect a spanish inquisition over that topic. Too much fuzz made over it imho. But whatever, I won't let a trade or Walker's injury spoil the fun for anyone.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 09-10-2018

(09-10-2018, 08:03 PM)hollodero Wrote: That it is. And now we're argueing whose bad luck Walker's injury should be. But never mind. I will offer him his players back, I guess you can push it through before Thursday and everyone's happy. Including me, because although I never heard of such customs, it's not worth making anyone mad over it.

Maybe I still have an outsider's perspective on all this. I believe, usually, one can have little idea who benefits from a more or less equal trade, especially before game 1. I just thought Crabtree is a good idea and Morris is not. Who could know for sure? I couldn't. I just wanted his players more than those I offered and that's that. I didn't consult any offical fantasy football writer's list before the trade offer and honestly didn't expect a spanish inquisition over that topic. Too much fuzz made over it imho. But whatever, I won't let a trade or Walker's injury spoil the fun for anyone.

Im in the trade was accepted so its accepted camp, part of the risk with trades that dont clear before the week.

I wasnt trying to shit on you either man, but what I was saying is that you got lucky in this trade no matter the perceived value because you dropped an injured player for a non injured player.

Hell just pick a TE up off the waiver wire. Ebron looked good for Indy and Russell has a history of making no name TEs look good. Their rookie scored 18 points yesterday. Hell, Luke Stocker may now have some value in Tenn now that Walker is gone.

My suggestion as Commish is the trade go through and we give Shake first dibs on any FA TE.

BTW, it appears I'm RB heavy. I had 4 go over double digits (2 over 15). Anybody looking for a RB for a top flight WR?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Shake n Blake - 09-11-2018

(09-10-2018, 09:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell just pick a TE up off the waiver wire. Ebron looked good for Indy and Russell has a history of making no name TEs look good. Their rookie scored 18 points yesterday. Hell, Luke Stocker may now have some value in Tenn now that Walker is gone.

My suggestion as Commish is the trade go through and we give Shake first dibs on any FA TE.

I already said I'd be fine with whatever is decided. I was just a little irked when I first heard the news. 

I should be #1 in waiver priority after drafting 12th, so I'll comb the waivers.

Any of the guys you mention would probably be an upgrade for me currently.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 09-11-2018

(09-10-2018, 08:03 PM)hollodero Wrote: I will offer him his players back

...and got rejected.

Make up your mind  Wink
and don't mind my feelings :) I'm still the guy that benched Drew Brees for Eli Manning. I feel bad either way.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SunsetBengal - 09-11-2018

In response to the matchup between Sunset's Smashers and the Hugh G. Rections, Smasher's coach Sunset Bengal was quoted as saying "Gee, I thought they'd be bigger." When asked to offer any insight to the game, Sunset added "Their kicker showed a little leg, and their defense was kind of stiff, but we found their primary scoring threats to be rather impotent." Ninja

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - bfine32 - 09-11-2018

(09-11-2018, 04:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: In response to the matchup between Sunset's Smashers and the Hugh G. Rections, Smasher's coach Sunset Bengal was quoted as saying "Gee, I thought they'd be bigger."  When asked to offer any insight to the game, Sunset added "Their kicker showed a little leg, and their defense was kind of stiff, but we found their primary scoring threats to be rather impotent."   Ninja

We're on to Tiger Teeth.