Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: General Sports (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-General-Sports)
+--- Forum: Fantasy Leagues (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Fantasy-Leagues)
+--- Thread: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League (/Thread-The-Official-Bengals-Board-Fantasy-Football-League)

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 12-22-2018

(12-22-2018, 06:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, to be fair, it was a subject that came up near the end of the season, last year.  But that was when we all thought Johnny Cupcakes was still going to run the old league.

Even so, this seems like something you start at the beginning of the season rather than the last week of the season where quite a few new players knew nothing about it.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SunsetBengal - 12-22-2018

(12-22-2018, 06:41 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Even so, this seems like something you start at the beginning of the season rather than the last week of the season where quite a few new players knew nothing about it.

I'm sure all the other owners will weigh in on the matter, before we vote on it.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - hollodero - 12-22-2018

(12-22-2018, 06:41 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Even so, this seems like something you start at the beginning of the season rather than the last week of the season where quite a few new players knew nothing about it.

A fair point for sure, but I for one wouldn't mind, so I don't object either way. It's fun anyways.

What would be the rules though? What draft round do I have to forfeit to keep a certain player.

The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BenZoo2 - 12-23-2018

(12-22-2018, 06:28 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Seems kinda odd to make it a keeper league at the end of the season, I am sure plenty of people would have kept certain guys they dropped throughout the year, I know I would have. 

I say if everyone wants to do keepers we start fresh next year and go into the draft knowing its a keeper league rather than just deciding that in week 16 when nobody knew. 

This is coming from the guy that could keep Gurley and Conner so not just saying it for me, saying it cause it just doesnt aeem fair to make the league keeper in week 16 without any hint of that before now.

I don’t know how you keep players after week 16. Some guys may have traded players that they wouldn’t have knowing that they could keep them. Not to mention the whole draft process.

I also don’t think you could keep Gurley and Connor. I’m pretty sure the rule was not from the same position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 12-23-2018

(12-23-2018, 07:47 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I don’t know how you keep players after week 16.  Some guys may have traded players that they wouldn’t have knowing that they could keep them.  Not to mention the whole draft process.

I also don’t think you could keep Gurley and Connor.  I’m pretty sure the rule was not from the same position.

Not sure man about the same or different positions but I am with you when it comes to the whole draft process, trades, and FA. Just seems to me if you want to become a keeper league you start fresh with the draft and not decide it week 16 but some people seem to disagree.

Also congrats on the win today man your team is going off, 2 years in a row of me being 2nd in a Bengals board league.  Cry

The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BenZoo2 - 12-23-2018

(12-23-2018, 08:54 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Not sure man about the same or different positions but I am with you when it comes to the whole draft process, trades, and FA. Just seems to me if you want to become a keeper league you start fresh with the draft and not decide it week 16 but some people seem to disagree.

Also congrats on the win today man your team is going off, 2 years in a row of me being 2nd in a Bengals board league.  Cry

Thanks. Your team was stacked and just suffered injuries there at the end. It was a fun playoffs so congrats to everyone who made it in

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Shake n Blake - 12-24-2018

(12-22-2018, 06:28 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Seems kinda odd to make it a keeper league at the end of the season, I am sure plenty of people would have kept certain guys they dropped throughout the year, I know I would have. 

I say if everyone wants to do keepers we start fresh next year and go into the draft knowing its a keeper league rather than just deciding that in week 16 when nobody knew. 

This is coming from the guy that could keep Gurley and Conner so not just saying it for me, saying it cause it just doesnt aeem fair to make the league keeper in week 16 without any hint of that before now.

On the opposite end of that, I dropped some of my best guys (due to injuries) that I probably would've kept had I known it was going to be a keeper league, and I'm fine with making it a keeper league now (which is what it was anyway, before Cupcakes left).

Of course, a vote would be best. Btw, congrats to BenZoo on the championship.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 12-24-2018

(12-24-2018, 03:48 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: On the opposite end of that, I dropped some of my best guys (due to injuries) that I probably would've kept had I known it was going to be a keeper league, and I'm fine with making it a keeper league now (which is what it was anyway, before Cupcakes left).

Of course, a vote would be best. Btw, congrats to BenZoo on the championship.

If Im being honest one of the main reasons I want to start fresh is because half the fun of a keeper league  is that first draft, seeing who takes a chance way too early on young guys and all that stuff.

I can live either way but I just think it would be much more fun going into it fresh knowing its a keeper league and draft.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - StoneTheCrow - 12-24-2018

Is this thing full?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SunsetBengal - 12-24-2018

(12-24-2018, 06:33 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Is this thing full?

Yeah, but you can use the handicapped stall, so long as you're quick about it..

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - StoneTheCrow - 12-24-2018

(12-24-2018, 06:35 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, but you can use the handicapped stall, so long as you're quick about it..

I use the handicap stall either way.

Dibs on a spot if it opens.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Shake n Blake - 12-24-2018

(12-24-2018, 05:53 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: If Im being honest one of the main reasons I want to start fresh is because half the fun of a keeper league  is that first draft, seeing who takes a chance way too early on young guys and all that stuff.

I can live either way but I just think it would be much more fun going into it fresh knowing its a keeper league and draft.

I feel ya. That's definitely something worth considering.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 12-24-2018

If we don't do a keeper league, then I think we should do another randomized draft. But I still vote for doing keepers, I assumed we were doing that all season, like we always have.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - BobJones4980 - 12-25-2018

(12-24-2018, 08:01 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: If we don't do a keeper league, then I think we should do another randomized draft.  But I still vote for doing keepers, I assumed we were doing that all season, like we always have.

I am all for Keepers, my only problem was deciding that in week 16 seemed odd, but I can live with it if it happens.

What rules did you guys have? 2 keepers? Keepers replace draft pick of where they were taken?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 12-25-2018

(12-25-2018, 01:29 AM)BobJones4980 Wrote: I am all for Keepers, my only problem was deciding that in week 16 seemed odd, but I can live with it if it happens.

What rules did you guys have? 2 keepers? Keepers replace draft pick of where they were taken?

Yep.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 01-12-2019

Maybe we will hear from bfine on the keeper situation.

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - SunsetBengal - 01-12-2019

(01-12-2019, 04:34 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Maybe we will hear from bfine on the keeper situation.

As soon as his "other" favorite team finishes losing, we should be able to gain his attention.  Ninja

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 01-15-2019

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=10849163]

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 01-31-2019

Hey commish, are you going to weigh in on the keeper debate?

RE: The Official Bengals Board Fantasy Football League - Tiger Teeth - 05-03-2019

I change my vote to NO keepers. I was going to keep Tyreek Hill, but he is going to be, or should be, out of the league.

So when can we start mock drafting BTW? Hilarious