Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Republican Primary - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Republican Primary (/Thread-Republican-Primary)

Pages: 1 2 3

Republican Primary - ballsofsteel - 06-03-2017

Good morning gentlemen. The other day I was thinking back to the Republican Primary. I feel guilty now but back then I loved watching Trump in action. I watched every one of those "debates" and it was some very entertaining shows. Trump's insults and slur's against the other "contestants" were funny as hell. The deer in the headlights look on many of their faces plus the fact that many looked scared that they we be next. The one's who tried to talk shit back only made it worse for them. I'm not laughing now because back then I never thought in a million years a guy like Trump would get elected. Never say never. For not being a politician Trump acted like a experience one by getting down in the mud and saying and doing anything. How about the one debate with Hillary where Trump had those woman that Bill supposedly abused sitting in the front row. WTF. Wonder if anyone else enjoyed watching Trump dismantle the rights best in those primaries?

RE: Republican Primary - Vlad - 06-03-2017

(06-03-2017, 08:29 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Good morning gentlemen. The other day I was thinking back to the Republican Primary. I feel guilty now but back then I loved watching Trump in action. I watched every one of those "debates" and it was some very entertaining shows. Trump's insults and slur's against the other "contestants" were funny as hell. The deer in the headlights look on many of their faces plus the fact that many looked scared that they we be next. The one's who tried to talk shit back only made it worse for them. I'm not laughing now because back then I never thought in a million years a guy like Trump would get elected. Never say never. For not being a politician Trump acted like a experience one by getting down in the mud and saying and doing anything. How about the one debate with Hillary where Trump had those woman that Bill supposedly abused sitting in the front row. WTF. Wonder if anyone else enjoyed watching Trump dismantle the rights best in those primaries?

Strongly disagree. Trump never , nor does he now act like an experienced politician because he's doing exactly what he promised to do.

RE: Republican Primary - BmorePat87 - 06-03-2017

(06-03-2017, 08:44 AM)Vlad Wrote: because he's doing exactly what he promised to do.

People still believe this?

RE: Republican Primary - Arturo Bandini - 06-03-2017

Having a country surrounded by walls with diplomatic issues with every other country of the world.

RE: Republican Primary - GMDino - 06-03-2017

(06-03-2017, 08:29 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Good morning gentlemen. The other day I was thinking back to the Republican Primary. I feel guilty now but back then I loved watching Trump in action. I watched every one of those "debates" and it was some very entertaining shows. Trump's insults and slur's against the other "contestants" were funny as hell. The deer in the headlights look on many of their faces plus the fact that many looked scared that they we be next. The one's who tried to talk shit back only made it worse for them. I'm not laughing now because back then I never thought in a million years a guy like Trump would get elected. Never say never. For not being a politician Trump acted like a experience one by getting down in the mud and saying and doing anything. How about the one debate with Hillary where Trump had those woman that Bill supposedly abused sitting in the front row. WTF. Wonder if anyone else enjoyed watching Trump dismantle the rights best in those primaries?

As I have said: People wanted an outsider.  But my belief is that (like myself) they wanted one who was smart and willing to learn the job.  Not an egomaniac that would insist his way is always the right way and never admit to doing anything wrong ever.

Trump was an outsider in the sense of having never been elected to an office.  But he is so connected to the politics of the US (and Russia apparently) that he's as "inside" as any other candidate.

All he did in the primaries is be the character he is on television.  Sadly it is rooted in his own abilities: Small vocabulary, play to the lowest common denominator and promise"yuge" things that will be the "best ever".

"Believe me".

RE: Republican Primary - Vlad - 06-04-2017

(06-03-2017, 10:33 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: People still believe this?

That Trump colluded with the Russians? Yes.

Of course people believe Trump is doing what he promised. How could you not?
Whether or not Trump has accomplished what he set out to do is not the same thing.

Each of these issues Trump promised the American people during his campaign he has taken on as president, and each of these are at various stages of progress.

The President has signed 66 executive orders, memoranda and proclamations as of April 19th, including:
* Notifying Congress of a strike on Syria after it was reported that the country used gas on its citizens.
* Dismantling Obama’s climate change initiatives.
* Travel bans for individuals from a select number of countries embroiled in terrorist atrocities.
* Enforcing regulatory reform.
* Protecting Law enforcement.
* Mandating for every new regulation to eliminate two.
* Defeating ISIS.
* Rebuilding the military.
* Building a border wall.
* Cutting funding for sanctuary cities.
* Approving pipelines.
* Reducing regulations on manufacturers.
* Placing a hiring freeze on federal employees.
* Exiting the US from the TPP

Then there is the "Trump effect" ...positive news that Trump had little or nothing to do with directly.
For example just by the mere fact that he was elected president,  illegal immigration dropped 40% after the first month, and the stock market shot upward...

* The DOW daily closing stock market average rose more than 15% since the election on November 8th.  (On November 9th the DOW closed at 18,332 – on March 1st the DOW closed at 21,115).

* Since the Inauguration on January 20th the DOW rose 6.5%.  (It was at 19,827 at January 20th and reached 21,115 on March 1st.)
* The DOW took just 66 days to climb from 19,000 to above 21,000, the fastest 2,000 point run ever.  The DOW closed above 19,000 for the first time on November 22nd and closed above 21,000 on March 1st.
* The DOW closed above 20,000 on January 25th and the March 1st rally matched the fastest-ever 1,000 point increase in the DOW at 24 days.
* The US Stock Market gained $2 trillion in wealth since Trump was elected!
* The S&P 500 broke $20 Trillion for the first time in its history.
* In the history of the DOW, going back to January 1901, the DOW record for most continuous closing high trading days was set in January of 1987 when Ronald Reagan was President. The DOW set closing highs an amazing 12 times in a row that month.  On February 28th President Trump matched President Reagan when the DOW reached a new high for its 12th day in a row!
President Trump decreased the US Debt in his first 100 days by $100 Billion.  (President Obama increased the US debt in his first 100 days by more than $560 Billion.)
The US Manufacturing Index soared to a 33 year high in this period which were the best numbers since 1983 under President Reagan.
President Trump added 298,000 jobs in his first month alone (after President Obama said jobs were not coming back!).
Housing sales are red-hot.  In 2011, houses for sale were on the market an average 84 days. This year, it’s just 45 days.
Illegal immigration is down 67% since President Trump’s Inauguration.
NATO announced Allied spending is up $10 Billion because of President Trump.

RE: Republican Primary - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 06-04-2017

Rebuild the military?

LOL

RE: Republican Primary - GMDino - 06-04-2017

(06-04-2017, 03:07 AM)Vlad Wrote: That Trump colluded with the Russians? Yes.

Of course people believe Trump is doing what he promised. How could you not?
Whether or not Trump has accomplished what he set out to do is not the same thing.

Each of these issues Trump promised the American people during his campaign he has taken on as president, and each of these are at various stages of progress.

The President has signed 66 executive orders, memoranda and proclamations as of April 19th, including:
* Notifying Congress of a strike on Syria after it was reported that the country used gas on its citizens.
* Travel bans for individuals from a select number of countries embroiled in terrorist atrocities.
* Defeating ISIS.
* Approving pipelines.

Then there is the "Trump effect" ...positive news that Trump had little or nothing to do with directly.
For example just by the mere fact that he was elected president,  illegal immigration dropped 40% after the first month, and the stock market shot upward...

* The DOW daily closing stock market average rose more than 15% since the election on November 8th.  (On November 9th the DOW closed at 18,332 – on March 1st the DOW closed at 21,115).

* Since the Inauguration on January 20th the DOW rose 6.5%.  (It was at 19,827 at January 20th and reached 21,115 on March 1st.)
* The DOW took just 66 days to climb from 19,000 to above 21,000, the fastest 2,000 point run ever.  The DOW closed above 19,000 for the first time on November 22nd and closed above 21,000 on March 1st.
* The DOW closed above 20,000 on January 25th and the March 1st rally matched the fastest-ever 1,000 point increase in the DOW at 24 days.
* In the history of the DOW, going back to January 1901, the DOW record for most continuous closing high trading days was set in January of 1987 when Ronald Reagan was President. The DOW set closing highs an amazing 12 times in a row that month.  On February 28th President Trump matched President Reagan when the DOW reached a new high for its 12th day in a row!
President Trump decreased the US Debt in his first 100 days by $100 Billion.  (President Obama increased the US debt in his first 100 days by more than $560 Billion.)
The US Manufacturing Index soared to a 33 year high in this period which were the best numbers since 1983 under President Reagan.
President Trump added 298,000 jobs in his first month alone (after President Obama said jobs were not coming back!).
Housing sales are red-hot.  In 2011, houses for sale were on the market an average 84 days. This year, it’s just 45 days.

This post should be framed in the "I fall for Trump's crap" Hall of Fame.

Perhaps pinned to the top of the boards forever.

There's not even time to go through everything that is wrong about it.

It is headline versus the actual article.  Remember: Nuance and facts are for eggheads and elites!

But it just goes to show that some people will accept everything as the god honest truth as long as it supports their own personal beliefs.

RE: Republican Primary - BmorePat87 - 06-04-2017

(06-04-2017, 03:07 AM)Vlad Wrote: Of course people believe Trump is doing what he promised. How could you not?

* Defeating ISIS.
* Approving pipelines.

So executive orders that just announce his intent to do things are the same as doing things? 

The swamp wasn't drained. Mexico isn't paying for the wall. The wall isn't even a guarantee. We're bombing other countries. Hillary isn't in jail. He isn't staying in the White House. He is golfing more than Obama. Wall St is filling up his administration. Rural areas are going to get hurt the most by his cuts. There isn't an Obamacare replacement that improves healthcare. No embassy in Jerusalem. 

But, hey, he signed an executive order that says he's going to look into waste, so he's cutting waste! He signed an executive order that says he's going to beat ISIS, that's the same as beating them!

(06-04-2017, 12:25 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So executive orders that just announce his intent to do things are the same as doing things? 

The swamp wasn't drained. Mexico isn't paying for the wall. The wall isn't even a guarantee. We're bombing other countries. Hillary isn't in jail. He isn't staying in the White House. He is golfing more than Obama. Wall St is filling up his administration. Rural areas are going to get hurt the most by his cuts. There isn't an Obamacare replacement that improves healthcare. No embassy in Jerusalem. 

But, hey, he signed an executive order that says he's going to look into waste, so he's cutting waste! He signed an executive order that says he's going to beat ISIS, that's the same as beating them!

RE: Republican Primary - Dill - 06-04-2017

(06-04-2017, 09:05 AM)GMDino Wrote: This post should be framed in the "I fall for Trump's crap" Hall of Fame.

Perhaps pinned to the top of the boards forever.

There's not even time to go through everything that is wrong about it.

It is headline versus the actual article.  Remember: Nuance and facts are for eggheads and elites!

But it just goes to show that some people will accept everything as the god honest truth as long as it supports their own personal beliefs.

"Listing" seems a particularly effective right wing tactic at the moment, at least for holding the base together.
They are effective on people who don't bother to cross check or even check sources. This reminds me of the list of 30,000 "scientists" who deny climate change or Breitbarts list of 400 violent incidents during Occupy Wall Street.

The final claim that Trump has boosted NATO contributions is especially hootworthy, but some of the others are great too--"decreased the US Debt in his first 100 days by $100 Billion" LOL.

RE: Republican Primary - Dill - 06-04-2017

(06-04-2017, 12:25 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So executive orders that just announce his intent to do things are the same as doing things? 

To be fair, Vlad said he was "trying" to keep his  promises.  Remember, the bar is lower for Trump.

His base likes what Trump says and for them it's still all about what Trump says.

(06-04-2017, 03:08 PM)Dill Wrote: To be fair, Vlad said he was "trying" to keep his  promises.  Remember, the bar is lower for Trump.

His base likes what Trump says and for them it's still all about what Trump says.

Unless he says something stupid (again) or wrong (again) or is caught in a lie (again).

Then we have to ignore his "words" and "know what is in his heart",

ThumbsUp

RE: Republican Primary - HarleyDog - 06-04-2017

(06-03-2017, 10:33 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: People still believe this?

Yes. And he could do more if career politicians got out of his way.

(06-04-2017, 09:05 AM)GMDino Wrote: But it just goes to show that some people will accept everything as the god honest truth as long as it supports their own personal beliefs.

This is entertaining in a self contradictory sort of a way coming for you.

(06-04-2017, 04:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: This is entertaining in a self contradictory sort of a way coming for you.

Oh!  You think I'm not open to opposing views?

No, no.  Opinions are one thing...but if someone wants to back them up with actual facts, sources, links I'm all in for a good discussion.

Hell, I'll even admit when I'm wrong.  I know to some that makes me less of a man or person but if I'm wrong I'm wrong.  If a link I cite is wrong I'm more than willing to be shown it.

However I am also pretty insistent when I am right and folks want to dismiss it with just opinion or with "facts" that have been disproved over and over.

So if you have something you'd like to show please do.  Thanks!

(06-04-2017, 04:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh!  You think I'm not open to opposing views?

No, no.  Opinions are one thing...but if someone wants to back them up with actual facts, sources, links I'm all in for a good discussion.

Hell, I'll even admit when I'm wrong.  I know to some that makes me less of a man or person but if I'm wrong I'm wrong.  If a link I cite is wrong I'm more than willing to be shown it.

However I am also pretty insistent when I am right and folks want to dismiss it with just opinion or with "facts" that have been disproved over and over.

So if you have something you'd like to show please do.  Thanks!

If Trump saved a child from a burning building, it would somehow be an Obama praise for funding a fire escape. Trump would be ridiculed for trying to save the child because he wasn't wearing fire retardant clothing and also blasted because he startled the child walking through a smoke cloud looking like the "heat mizer!" Lol, not falling for it.

(06-04-2017, 05:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If Trump saved a child from a burning building, it would somehow be an Obama praise for funding a fire escape. Trump would be ridiculed for trying to save the child because he wasn't wearing fire retardant clothing and also blasted because he startled the child walking through a smoke cloud looking like the "heat mizer!" Lol, not falling for it.

Then the problem is with you...no one else.

Thanks again.

RE: Republican Primary - ballsofsteel - 06-04-2017

(06-04-2017, 05:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If Trump saved a child from a burning building, it would somehow be an Obama praise for funding a fire escape. Trump would be ridiculed for trying to save the child because he wasn't wearing fire retardant clothing and also blasted because he startled the child walking through a smoke cloud looking like the "heat mizer!" Lol, not falling for it.

People have short memories. From what I remember according to the right wing everything Obama did was wrong and a mistake which Fox news and right wing nut web sites were quick to report. The same tactic that Trump used on his 16 opponents in the republican Primary, he tried to use on MSM and this was/is turning out to be a big failure. He could intimidate and back off those pansy ass right wingers but the MSM is giving him the finger back. He brought this on his own.

(06-04-2017, 05:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: Then the problem is with you...no one else.

Thanks again.

Interesting.