Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Venus Williams At Fault In Crash That Killed A Man - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Klotsch (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Klotsch)
+--- Thread: Venus Williams At Fault In Crash That Killed A Man (/Thread-Venus-Williams-At-Fault-In-Crash-That-Killed-A-Man)

Pages: 1 2

Venus Williams At Fault In Crash That Killed A Man - BFritz21 - 06-29-2017

Grated that he was 78, but Venus Williams reportedly at fault in a car crash that resulted in a man dying:

Quote:Venus Williams reportedly caused a T-bone car accident in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, that resulted in the death of a 78-year-old man, according to Palm Beach Gardens police report.

The report said that on June 9 Williams was driving through an intersection at 5 miles per hour when she “darted” into the street in front of another car, which struck her head-on.

Fourteen days after the accident, Jerome Barson, a 78-year-old passenger in the other car, passed away from head trauma damages, allegedly resulting from the accident. His wife Linda, who was driving the car, suffered broken bones and other injuries in the crash.

Williams said she attempted to move through the intersection, according to a CNN report, but traffic caused her to slow down and become “exposed in the intersection.”

“[Williams] is at fault for violating the right of way of (the Barsons),” the report said, according to TMZ.

There is no mention in the report of Williams being cited.

Williams was not under the influence of alcohol or drugs, according to police, nor was she on a cell phone or other electronic device at the time of the accident.

Here's a picture of what happened from the police report:

[Image: 0629-venus-williams-crash-diagram-3.jpg]

At first, I was pissed off because I was thinking "she did something to kill another person and she'll get off with no punishment," but then I looked at that picture and I'm thinking "if they saw her from a reasonable distance, why didn't they slow down or stop?"

She was in the wrong for being in the intersection when traffic was stopped (unless she was already in there and it stopped suddenly), but she was only going 5 miles-per-hour, so did the other car think she could beat her through the intersection?

Here's another site with more information on the story.

Just weird.

RE: Venus Williams At Fault In Crash That Killed A Man - michaelsean - 06-30-2017

I'm sure she will be cited, but I really can't imagine any serious charges. She wasn't driving fast or erratically or under the influence. She got caught in the intersection, which can happen. You can think traffic is moving through fine, and then all of a sudden it stops.

RE: Venus Williams At Fault In Crash That Killed A Man - BFritz21 - 06-30-2017

(06-30-2017, 09:45 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm sure she will be cited, but I really can't imagine any serious charges. She wasn't driving fast or erratically or under the influence. She got caught in the intersection, which can happen. You can think traffic is moving through fine, and then all of a sudden it stops.

But if it were just a fluke thing where she did nothing wrong, then she wouldn't be "at fault" like the police say.

RE: Venus Williams At Fault In Crash That Killed A Man - michaelsean - 06-30-2017

(06-30-2017, 10:14 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: But if it were just a fluke thing where she did nothing wrong, then she wouldn't be "at fault" like the police say.

No she's still at fault for being in the intersection.  

RE: Venus Williams At Fault In Crash That Killed A Man - StLucieBengal - 06-30-2017

I drive that area all the time. There is zero reason for her to be In the intersection. She wasn't paying attention and created a hazard.

(06-30-2017, 11:08 AM)michaelsean Wrote: No she's still at fault for being in the intersection.  

So she's at fault for being in the intersection and causing the wreck, which is what I'm saying.

Also, it says she was only going 5 mph, so not like there was a sudden wreck and she had to slam on her brakes. Sounds like she just didn't want to sit through another cycle of lights so just rolled up there knowing that she couldn't go very far, which would put her at fault.

RE: Venus Williams At Fault In Crash That Killed A Man - Benton - 06-30-2017

(06-29-2017, 10:02 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Grated that he was 78, but Venus Williams reportedly at fault in a car crash that resulted in a man dying:

Here's a picture of what happened from the police report:

[Image: 0629-venus-williams-crash-diagram-3.jpg]

At first, I was pissed off because I was thinking "she did something to kill another person and she'll get off with no punishment," but then I looked at that picture and I'm thinking "if they saw her from a reasonable distance, why didn't they slow down or stop?"

She was in the wrong for being in the intersection when traffic was stopped (unless she was already in there and it stopped suddenly), but she was only going 5 miles-per-hour, so did the other car think she could beat her through the intersection?

Here's another site with more information on the story.

Just weird.

It's possible they didn't. Were there other vehicles that might have obstructed the view? Plus, given the age of the man, I'm assuming the wife was also elderly. Could be her peripheral vision isn't that good.

RE: Venus Williams At Fault In Crash That Killed A Man - Stewy - 06-30-2017

(06-30-2017, 10:14 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: But if it were just a fluke thing where she did nothing wrong, then she wouldn't be "at fault" like the police say.

You're thinking logically.  Traffic laws aren't so clear.  There are defined traffic rules for a reason.  If she got caught in the intersection, it's still her fault because the intersection wasn't clear when she tried to move through it.  She should have proceeded with more caution.  Except for parking lots, Police almost always find "fault" with one driver or another because of those defined rules.
And frankly if there is an accident in the middle of an intersection, then I'll guarantee you someone was at fault.

RE: Venus Williams At Fault In Crash That Killed A Man - wildcats forever - 06-30-2017

(06-30-2017, 12:48 PM)Benton Wrote: It's possible they didn't. Were there other vehicles that might have obstructed the view? Plus, given the age of the man, I'm assuming the wife was also elderly. Could be her peripheral vision isn't that good.

It's Florida. She could just as likely been in her teens  Ninja

(06-30-2017, 12:48 PM)Benton Wrote: It's possible they didn't. Were there other vehicles that might have obstructed the view? Plus, given the age of the man, I'm assuming the wife was also elderly. Could be her peripheral vision isn't that good.
Especially if there were other cars in the lane in the direction that Venus was coming from that hadn't moved forward yet because the light had just changed or they were waiting for Venus to cross, but good points.
(06-30-2017, 12:52 PM)Stewy Wrote: You're thinking logically.  Traffic laws aren't so clear.  There are defined traffic rules for a reason.  If she got caught in the intersection, it's still her fault because the intersection wasn't clear when she tried to move through it.  She should have proceeded with more caution.  Except for parking lots, Police almost always find "fault" with one driver or another because of those defined rules.
And frankly if there is an accident in the middle of an intersection, then I'll guarantee you someone was at fault.

That's what I'm saying.  It's not like either car slipped on ice or something that happened by chance with no one responsible.  

RE: Venus Williams At Fault In Crash That Killed A Man - StLucieBengal - 06-30-2017

(06-30-2017, 04:12 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: It's Florida. She could just as likely been in her teens  Ninja

Down here the majority is either old, illegals, or do not speak or read English. Anyone who has been down her for longer than a month knows this and adjusts according.

That intersection isn't hard...... just don't stop in the middle. If you guys saw this thing you would laugh. Just crazy she was so dumb.

RE: Venus Williams At Fault In Crash That Killed A Man - jason - 06-30-2017

(06-30-2017, 06:18 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Down here the majority is either old, illegals, or do not speak or read English. Anyone who has been down her for longer than a month knows this and adjusts according.

That intersection isn't hard...... just don't stop in the middle. If you guys saw this thing you would laugh. Just crazy she was so dumb.

Yep. In the panhandle, nobody can read or speak English.

(06-30-2017, 07:16 PM)jason Wrote: Yep. In the panhandle, nobody can read or speak English.

how are the Haitians up there?

ICE needs to live in Florida for about a decade.

RE: Venus Williams At Fault In Crash That Killed A Man - jason - 06-30-2017

(06-30-2017, 07:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: how are the Haitians up there?

ICE needs to live in Florida for about a decade.

I was talking about the regular ol' Floridians up there. Stepkids just returned from a little vacation in Santa Rosa. I told them they were actually in Alabama.

RE: Venus Williams At Fault In Crash That Killed A Man - bfine32 - 07-01-2017

I read where the family is going to sue for around $15,000. Don't they know that is lunch for Venus.

RE: Venus Williams At Fault In Crash That Killed A Man - Sabretooth - 07-01-2017

(07-01-2017, 02:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I read where the family is going to sue for around $15,000. Don't they know that is lunch for Venus.
My guess is that must be a misprint or some other error . Venus may even settle out of court for some undisclosed amount.

RE: Venus Williams At Fault In Crash That Killed A Man - JustWinBaby - 07-02-2017

Wow. Serena has a great life, but I can't say I'd want to be her having to live with killing someone.

I'm not saying if she's at fault or not, but just that it sucks for everyone...especially HIS family.

RE: Venus Williams At Fault In Crash That Killed A Man - StLucieBengal - 07-02-2017

(07-01-2017, 02:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I read where the family is going to sue for around $15,000. Don't they know that is lunch for Venus.

Florida is ridiculous with lawsuits after abnormal accident. Given that this is someone with money and she killed someone. She will be losing quite a lot.

RE: Venus Williams At Fault In Crash That Killed A Man - Sabretooth - 07-03-2017

(07-02-2017, 03:07 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Wow.  Serena has a great life, but I can't say I'd want to be her having to live with killing someone.

I'm not saying if she's at fault or not, but just that it sucks for everyone...especially HIS family.

Venus was in the car crash sir.

RE: Venus Williams At Fault In Crash That Killed A Man - StLucieBengal - 07-03-2017

(07-03-2017, 03:47 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: Venus was in the car crash sir.

Yes the one who looks the most like a dude.