Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Bengal offensive line 2nd worst in the league - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Rival Talk (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Rival-Talk)
+--- Thread: Bengal offensive line 2nd worst in the league (/Thread-Bengal-offensive-line-2nd-worst-in-the-league)

Pages: 1 2 3

Bengal offensive line 2nd worst in the league - Vlad - 07-11-2017

Steelers near the top at 3, below the Stains at 2.

How do you goofballs let Zits go to the Stains?

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-line-units-heading-into-the-2017-season

RE: Bengal offensive line 2nd worst in the league - ballsofsteel - 07-11-2017

LOL, "Zits" had to go to the Browns to give him a better shot at wining his first playoff game. Hilarious

RE: Bengal offensive line 2nd worst in the league - HarleyDog - 07-11-2017

OL is a huge question for most of us this year. Won't even try to deny it and you can smack on them all you want because they deserved it. Going to have to wait and see if they step up and get the job done this year. I think they will and as they continue to get better, so will the quality of this thread.

RE: Bengal offensive line 2nd worst in the league - McC - 07-11-2017

(07-11-2017, 12:24 AM)Vlad Wrote: Steelers near the top at 3, below the Stains at 2.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-ranking-all-32-offensive-line-units-heading-into-the-2017-season

He's a ***** G.  They're a dime a dozen.  They can have him.  Nowhere near worth what they're paying him.  He's a good player but far from a great one.  And the Stains have shown an ability to suck no matter who the players are and that won't change.  Swing and a miss.  As per usual. What else ya got?

RE: Bengal offensive line 2nd worst in the league - BFritz21 - 07-11-2017

(07-11-2017, 12:24 AM)Vlad Wrote: Steelers near the top at 3, below the Stains at 2.

Fisher and Ogbuehi will step-up their games with a year of starting under their belts, as well as playing just one position, Andre Smith will be a beast at guard where he's not asked to move as much, and continuity on the entire line will make them a solid group.

Media hates just to hate. 

RE: Bengal offensive line 2nd worst in the league - Beaker - 07-11-2017

(07-11-2017, 12:24 AM)Vlad Wrote: How do you goofballs let Zits go to the Stains?

Stains paid him stupid money. The Bengals are not willing to overpay players...which is why they have never been in salary cap trouble. They draft successors, attempt to resign vets at a reasonable amount, and let them walk if they don't. Recently, more and more teams are beginning to see the wisdom in that model and are beginning to follow the Bengals lead. Meanwhile, the ravens are still hamstung by the flacco contract, the steelers are stuck possibly franchise tagging bell for the second consecutive season, and the browns are drafting 83 WRs and still don't have a QB.

RE: Bengal offensive line 2nd worst in the league - BmorePat87 - 07-12-2017

Smack aside, this will make the comparisons between Trubisky and Watson interesting. One will have a top 5 line and the other a bottom 5.

RE: Bengal offensive line 2nd worst in the league - michaelsean - 07-12-2017

How bad must Seattle be to be behind them? Double letter alliteration. Sweet.

RE: Bengal offensive line 2nd worst in the league - Wyche'sWarrior - 07-12-2017

Dude, this is weak......I've smacked them in Jungle Noise over the years WAY worse than this....I even have a nickname for Paul Alexander Mellow

Old....not fake.....news.... Yawn

(07-12-2017, 12:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: How bad must Seattle be to be behind them?  Double letter alliteration.  Sweet.

I personally think they're the worst in the league.....unless we see HUGE improvements from the young tackles, it's gonna be a long year for Dalton and the RBs.

RE: Bengal offensive line 2nd worst in the league - michaelsean - 07-12-2017

(07-12-2017, 01:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: I personally think they're the worst in the league.....unless we see HUGE improvements from the young tackles, it's gonna be a long year for Dalton and the RBs.

Or a very short year.

(07-12-2017, 02:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Or a very short year.

[Image: TrueStory.png]

RE: Bengal offensive line 2nd worst in the league - Luvnit2 - 07-12-2017

If my memory serves me well, The Steelers lifted a Lombardi with a terrible pass blocking OL. It's all I got as no doubt the OL is a major concern going into 2017.

RE: Bengal offensive line 2nd worst in the league - Nately120 - 07-12-2017

(07-12-2017, 01:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: I personally think they're the worst in the league.....unless we see HUGE improvements from the young tackles, it's gonna be a long year for Dalton and the RBs.

Yeah, as much as I'd like to just brush this off as typical media hating on the Bengals we can't expect them to like an o-line that was god-awful and then lost the only 2 players on it that anyone knew.  Last years off-season was full of "addition by subtraction" optimism and we got a grand total of 6 wins to show for it.  Huzzah.

Basically, I ran this scenario through my "What would I say if the Steelers did this" filter and I've concluded that IF Pig Ben spent most of the season on his back last year because his o-line stunk and then two of his less terrible o-linemen went elsewhere I'd be laughing at his imminent demise...not praising the Steelers for their shrewd salary maneuvering. 

I haven't checked the Bengals' cap yet.  Are we up against it?  If we aren't then I doubt we're going to be singing the praises of saving money by letting Zietler walk every time Dalton gets demolished.  Time will tell.

RE: Bengal offensive line 2nd worst in the league - SunsetBengal - 07-12-2017

Those arbitrary "rankings" mean nothing at all. A couple of years ago, the Steelers were rated one of the worst OLs in the NFL, yet they played great, Steelers had a good season. So, if ya want to smack that route, I'm willing to chance it that the Bengals OL will be much better than they're giving credit for.

RE: Bengal offensive line 2nd worst in the league - Nately120 - 07-12-2017

(07-12-2017, 07:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Those arbitrary "rankings" mean nothing at all.  A couple of years ago, the Steelers were rated one of the worst OLs in the NFL, yet they played great, Steelers had a good season.  So, if ya want to smack that route, I'm willing to chance it that the Bengals OL will be much better than they're giving credit for.

Good point.  I can't get this same site's 2016 version of the o-line rankings to load, but I did find this guy who said the Bengals had the 2nd best o-line going into last season.  Ouch.

http://thehuddle.com/2016/articles/offensive-line-review-and-ratings.php

RE: Bengal offensive line 2nd worst in the league - JS-Steelerfan - 07-13-2017

(07-12-2017, 07:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Those arbitrary "rankings" mean nothing at all. A couple of years ago, the Steelers were rated one of the worst OLs in the NFL, yet they played great, Steelers had a good season. So, if ya want to smack that route, I'm willing to chance it that the Bengals OL will be much better than they're giving credit for.

Was that the year they drafted DeCastro? That's the last time I remember their OL being dissed. Did you guys draft anyone of that quality this year?

RE: Bengal offensive line 2nd worst in the league - Wyche'sWarrior - 07-13-2017

(07-12-2017, 07:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, as much as I'd like to just brush this off as typical media hating on the Bengals we can't expect them to like an o-line that was god-awful and then lost the only 2 players on it that anyone knew.  Last years off-season was full of "addition by subtraction" optimism and we got a grand total of 6 wins to show for it.  Huzzah.

Basically, I ran this scenario through my "What would I say if the Steelers did this" filter and I've concluded that IF Pig Ben spent most of the season on his back last year because his o-line stunk and then two of his less terrible o-linemen went elsewhere I'd be laughing at his imminent demise...not praising the Steelers for their shrewd salary maneuvering. 

I haven't checked the Bengals' cap yet.  Are we up against it?  If we aren't then I doubt we're going to be singing the praises of saving money by letting Zietler walk every time Dalton gets demolished.  Time will tell.

Nope, more of Son of Paul's rollover coin......

RE: Bengal offensive line 2nd worst in the league - michaelsean - 07-13-2017

(07-13-2017, 08:07 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Was that the year they drafted DeCastro? That's the last time I remember their OL being dissed.  Did you guys draft anyone of that quality this year?

No need.  We drafted two awesome tackles back to back a couple years ago.  One of them almost started.

RE: Bengal offensive line 2nd worst in the league - Tiger Teeth - 07-13-2017

You're really smacking our OL? Did you just wake up from a coma or something?