Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
It's Hip to be Square - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Klotsch (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Klotsch)
+--- Thread: It's Hip to be Square (/Thread-It-s-Hip-to-be-Square)

Pages: 1 2

It's Hip to be Square - Fan_in_Kettering - 07-11-2017

Yesterday I had a total left hip replacement at 1:00 PM, by 7 AM this morning I was walking unaided with no walker and no cane, and I was home at 4 PM today. Other than around the surgical site, I don't feel much pain; far less than before the hip was repaired. The operation was performed at Raj Soin Hospital in Beavercreek, Ohio, using a new anterior approach method which, while considered minimally invasive, is still pretty invasive. No muscles are cut so recovery time is very fast. Two days ago I couldn't even stand still without pain and now I can stand pain-free, walk pain-free, and eventually I'll recover all my capabilities.

RE: It's Hip to be Square - Awful Llama - 07-11-2017

Damn, yet another Huey Lewis thread thwarted.

Had to take the wife to Soin a couple of years back in the middle of the night. She was looked at by a doctor, a technician, had had an ultra-sound and was diagnosed and discharged in a little under two hours. Great place to go when you have to.

RE: It's Hip to be Square - Fan_in_Kettering - 07-11-2017

(07-11-2017, 08:56 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Damn, yet another Huey Lewis thread thwarted.

Had to take the wife to Soin a couple of years back in the middle of the night.  She was looked at by a doctor, a technician, had had an ultra-sound and was diagnosed and discharged in a little under two hours.  Great place to go when you have to.

Good; I'm glad you and your wife had a good experience at Raj Soin.  They get it done and get it done fast.  In my case I didn't have a choice because the main Kettering hospital didn't have a special Hana Table but Soin, part of the Kettering system, does.  The Hana Table looks like a medieval torture device but it makes it easier to dislocate the bad hip and insert the new one.  

RE: It's Hip to be Square - bengalfan74 - 07-11-2017

Great job Fan, and bravo to your doctor.

I'm afraid I'm going to be right behind you. My right hip is getting worse all the time.

RE: It's Hip to be Square - Bengalzona - 07-11-2017

(07-11-2017, 08:48 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Yesterday I had a total left hip replacement at 1:00 PM, by 7 AM this morning I was walking unaided with no walker and no cane, and I was home at 4 PM today.  Other than around the surgical site, I don't feel much pain; far less than before the hip was repaired.  The operation was performed at Raj Soin Hospital in Beavercreek, Ohio, using a new anterior approach method which, while considered minimally invasive, is still pretty invasive.  No muscles are cut so recovery time is very fast.  Two days ago I couldn't even stand still without pain and now I can stand pain-free, walk pain-free, and eventually I'll recover all my capabilities.

Good news, my brother!  ThumbsUp

(07-11-2017, 09:54 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Great job Fan, and bravo to your doctor.

I'm afraid I'm going to be right behind you. My right hip is getting worse all the time.

If you can get the minimally invasive method using Hana Table where you are, go for it.  You'll be better fast.

(07-11-2017, 10:06 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Good news, my brother!  ThumbsUp

Other than the hip I'm as healthy as a horse so it's a little easier for me than an octogenarian.

RE: It's Hip to be Square - HarleyDog - 07-11-2017

(07-11-2017, 10:31 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Other than the hip I'm as healthy as a horse so it's a little easier for me than an octogenarian.

Glad your doing well. Thank God for medical advancements. So many before you were forced to take that hip to the grave. So glad you are pain free.

(07-11-2017, 10:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Glad your doing well. Thank God for medical advancements. So many before you were forced to take that hip to the grave. So glad you are pain free.

I'm too young to take this hip to the grave and you make an excellent point as usual.  My surgeon said it was one of the worst he ever saw.  

RE: It's Hip to be Square - Sabretooth - 07-12-2017

OP, happy you have such positive results.
Do they know anything about knees and range of motion ?

RE: It's Hip to be Square - Fan_in_Kettering - 07-12-2017

(07-12-2017, 03:07 AM)Sabretooth Wrote: OP, happy you have such positive results.
Do they know anything about knees and range of motion ?

My hip doctor does knees too. He's brilliant.

RE: It's Hip to be Square - bengal_fan_in_toronto - 07-12-2017

You are a Bengal's fan brother. That means you are tougher than an old boot.

RE: It's Hip to be Square - BengalHawk62 - 07-12-2017

That's awesome news! I'm not too far behind ya.  Except mine won't be a hip, it'll be my knee or knees.  Both of mine are shot. My doctor says I have knees of a 70 year right now. 

RE: It's Hip to be Square - NATI BENGALS - 07-12-2017

(07-11-2017, 10:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Thank God for medical advancements. 

Wrong !!

Thank science

RE: It's Hip to be Square - SunsetBengal - 07-12-2017

(07-12-2017, 07:15 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Wrong !!

Thank science

Very well then, thank God for Science.

Just out of curiosity, what would you make of a successful Physicist, who also happens to be a devout Christian? Because I happen to know one.

RE: It's Hip to be Square - NATI BENGALS - 07-13-2017

(07-12-2017, 07:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Very well then, thank God for Science.

Just out of curiosity, what would you make of a successful Physicist, who also happens to be a devout Christian?  Because I happen to know one.

Sometimes things don't make sense. Like a gang member who commits murder but has a bunch of religious tattoos. 

If God is responsible for science and the research humans do then God is responsible for everything. The bombs and the dropping of them that have killed millions, the actions of serial killers and child molesters etc...

Humankind did that stuff. 

The sun god didn't build the pyramids, Roman gods didn't build Rome. Your Christian God did not invent science. 

RE: It's Hip to be Square - SunsetBengal - 07-13-2017

(07-13-2017, 05:39 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Sometimes things don't make sense. Like a gang member who commits murder but has a bunch of religious tattoos. 

If God is responsible for science and the research humans do then God is responsible for everything. The bombs and the dropping of them that have killed millions, the actions of serial killers and child molesters etc...

Humankind did that stuff. 

The sun god didn't build the pyramids, Roman gods didn't build Rome. Your Christian God did not invent science.

That is quite a pessimistic view, indeed.  Why couldn't God have created both good and evil, along with freewill to choose? 

(07-13-2017, 06:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is quite a pessimistic view, indeed.  Why couldn't God have created both good and evil, along with freewill to choose? 

You can believe what you want. 

Just seems to me when a Dr goes in and performs a life saving surgery or something after spending their life learning and perfecting their craft and with their own skilled hands makes a difference. Or after years of medical research and trial and error a new drug is discovered that changes the way we battle an illness. I don't credit that stuff to God. 

Seems to me like it is just looking for an easy convenient explanation. From the old days of making things up to explain what we didn't know to now when clicking like and sharing a FB prayer is credited for the work a Dr did saving someones life. 

(07-13-2017, 06:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is quite a pessimistic view, indeed.  Why couldn't God have created both good and evil, along with freewill to choose? 

How is that pessimistic?

I am optimistic about humankind. We don't need some mystical deity to help us. We help ourselves. 

RE: It's Hip to be Square - SunsetBengal - 07-13-2017

(07-13-2017, 06:51 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: You can believe what you want. 

Just seems to me when a Dr goes in and performs a life saving surgery or something after spending their life learning and perfecting their craft and with their own skilled hands makes a difference. Or after years of medical research and trial and error a new drug is discovered that changes the way we battle an illness. I don't credit that stuff to God. 

Seems to me like it is just looking for an easy convenient explanation. From the old days of making things up to explain what we didn't know to now when clicking like and sharing a FB prayer is credited for the work a Dr did saving someones life. 

Easily, God gave the Surgeon the talent and ability to save lives, he chose to use that ability for good purposes, freely of his own will.

(07-13-2017, 06:53 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: How is that pessimistic?

I am optimistic about humankind. We don't need some mystical deity to help us. We help ourselves. 

Who created the big bang?