Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
BENGALS PLAY NFC NORTH, AFC SOUTH. WHICH TEAMS ARE TOUGH ? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: BENGALS PLAY NFC NORTH, AFC SOUTH. WHICH TEAMS ARE TOUGH ? (/Thread-BENGALS-PLAY-NFC-NORTH-AFC-SOUTH-WHICH-TEAMS-ARE-TOUGH)

Pages: 1 2

BENGALS PLAY NFC NORTH, AFC SOUTH. WHICH TEAMS ARE TOUGH ? - kevin - 07-20-2017

Something beside O Line talk.

The NFC North. Green Bay has Aaron Rodgers. Lions and Vikings and Bears.

The AFC South. Don't we owe Houston a loss ? Indy and Tennessee can throw the ball...Jacksonville ...I see this as a tough Division to play.

Of course there is the AFC NORTH of Pittsburg, Baltimore and Cleveland twice. ..and Bills in AFC East and Broncos in AFC West.

I don't see the schedule as awful as 2016. Playing Super Bowl Denver and soon to be Super Bowl New England and Dallas and New York Giants and losing a home game in THE JUNGLE to play Washington in London England.

In 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 The Bengals did very well playing the years AFC and NFC Division. Often going 3-1. Big reason for all the Play-off seasons....So, is 3-1 against NFC NORTH or AFC South Possible ???....Which Teams Give us the most trouble in these Divisions ???

RE: BENGALS PLAY NFC NORTH, AFC SOUTH. WHICH TEAMS ARE TOUGH ? - Nicomo Cosca - 07-20-2017

I'd say the Texans, Packers, and Steelers are the toughest games. It sure would be nice to at least split with Pittsburgh, and get a rare W against Houston. I agree though at first glance our schedule doesn't look all that bad.

RE: BENGALS PLAY NFC NORTH, AFC SOUTH. WHICH TEAMS ARE TOUGH ? - kevin - 07-20-2017

(07-20-2017, 07:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I'd say the Texans, Packers, and Steelers are the toughest games. It sure would be nice to at least split with Pittsburgh, and get a rare W against Houston. I agree though at first glance our schedule doesn't look all that bad.

I will now add, NOT COUNTING THE AFC NORTH....WE PLAY THEM EVERY YEAR.

WHO IN THE NFC NORTH AND AFC SOUTH LOOK LIKE HARD GAMES....WE PLAY ALL OF THOSE TEAMS THIS YEAR ???

You just said Houston and Green Bay out of these 2 Divisions. 

RE: BENGALS PLAY NFC NORTH, AFC SOUTH. WHICH TEAMS ARE TOUGH ? - Sled21 - 07-20-2017

Tennessee will be a tough game this year..... Indy..not so much

RE: BENGALS PLAY NFC NORTH, AFC SOUTH. WHICH TEAMS ARE TOUGH ? - SHRacerX - 07-20-2017

(07-20-2017, 06:32 AM)kevin Wrote: Something beside O Line talk.

The NFC North.  Green Bay has Aaron Rodgers.  Lions and Vikings and Bears.

The AFC South.  Don't we owe Houston a loss ?   Indy and Tennessee can throw the ball...Jacksonville ...I see this as a tough Division to play.

Of course there is the AFC NORTH of Pittsburg, Baltimore and Cleveland twice. ..and Bills in AFC East and Broncos in AFC West.

I don't see the schedule as awful as 2016.  Playing Super Bowl Denver and soon to be Super Bowl New England and Dallas and New York Giants and losing a home game in THE JUNGLE to play Washington in London England.  

In 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 The Bengals did very well playing the years AFC and NFC Division.  Often going 3-1.  Big reason for all the Play-off seasons....So, is 3-1 against NFC NORTH or AFC South Possible ???....Which Teams Give us the most trouble in these Divisions ???

It will sound arrogant, but I only see the Packers and Texans as games the Bengals will be challenged.  The Texans have a lethal pass rush, especially if JJ Watt is back 100%.  Their offense will suck, but it might not matter.  I like that we are getting them on a short week, where they have to travel, though.

The Packers are always tough because of Rogers.  If the Bengals can get off to a lead, and turn up the pass rush, they have proven they can be kryptonite to Rogers.

Lions, Vikings, and Bears are not as good as the Bengals, but Vikings will be a road game in a tough venue.

Indy, Jax, and Tennessee all have some serious warts.  The media is falling all over themselves about the Titans, but I just don't see it.  In the end, Mariotta is still a rushing QB and those simply don't last.  

Toughest game will clearly be Denver, which is a third consecutive road game.  I don't feat their offense with whatever QB they will trot out there, but their defense is very tough, and especially at home.

RE: BENGALS PLAY NFC NORTH, AFC SOUTH. WHICH TEAMS ARE TOUGH ? - XenoMorph - 07-20-2017

The AFC South.  Don't we owe Houston a loss ?   Indy and Tennessee can throw the ball...Jacksonville ...I see this as a tough Division to play.

I don't see the schedule as awful as 2016.  Playing Super Bowl Denver and soon to be Super Bowl New England and Dallas and New York Giants and losing a home game in THE JUNGLE to play Washington in London England.  

In 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 The Bengals did very well playing the years AFC and NFC Division.  Often going 3-1.  Big reason for all the Play-off seasons....So, is 3-1 against NFC NORTH or AFC South Possible ???....Which Teams Give us the most trouble in these Divisions ???

Bengals have handle A Rodgers during his career.   Maybe the Vikings this year... I think at the very least we go 3-1 vs the NFC.

AFC South  Houston and maybe the Colts.

RE: BENGALS PLAY NFC NORTH, AFC SOUTH. WHICH TEAMS ARE TOUGH ? - Fan_in_Kettering - 07-20-2017

This is the best of both worlds. The Bengals often have some of their best seasons playing against the NFC North as well as against the AFC South. Either way, it's all about defense because if the secondary plays well and the pass rush is aggressive, Cincinnati can win all eight of these games. The games against Buffalo and Denver should be winnable too.

Baltimore is improving, Cleveland is sewage on a stick, so that leaves Pittsburgh. It's mental. Deep down, Cincinnnati believes they cannot beat the Steelers and until the Bengals play smart for sixty minutes and blow Pittsburgh away, that mental block will remain.

I'm still going with 13-3, the best Bengals' record in team history.

RE: BENGALS PLAY NFC NORTH, AFC SOUTH. WHICH TEAMS ARE TOUGH ? - CageTheBengal - 07-20-2017

Based off of what I saw last year

Texans
Packers

If the Jags and Titans meet their potential they could be a challenge.

It's July though for some reason everything seems rosy but things will get rocky once the season begins and injuries mount up.

RE: BENGALS PLAY NFC NORTH, AFC SOUTH. WHICH TEAMS ARE TOUGH ? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-20-2017

Titans and Texans will be tough teams this year, physical like us, should be close low scoring games.

Packers we play tough everytime but it is in Green Bay against the great Rodgers and i am thinking a better Defense this year.

The Pack had a good draft on Defense adding Montravius Adams DT Auburn and Kevin King CB Washington. Thank you PB. Cool

The Lions and Vikings could be good, the Lions being obviously more balanced but you can never count out a Zimmer Defense.

Bears = LMAO! Hilarious

RE: BENGALS PLAY NFC NORTH, AFC SOUTH. WHICH TEAMS ARE TOUGH ? - packerbacker - 07-20-2017

We haven't beaten the Bengals in nearly 2 decades. That worries me alone. We also haven't beaten Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh since 1970.

RE: BENGALS PLAY NFC NORTH, AFC SOUTH. WHICH TEAMS ARE TOUGH ? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-20-2017

(07-20-2017, 01:55 PM)packerbacker Wrote: We haven't beaten the Bengals in nearly 2 decades. That worries me alone. We also haven't beaten Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh since 1970.

But you guys did beat the Stooler's in the Superbowl lately, i loved that...

A lot. Rock On

I don't see how the Stooler's secondary slows down your WR core either this year with them and Rodgers healthy.

I bet you guys get the win in Pitt this year.

RE: BENGALS PLAY NFC NORTH, AFC SOUTH. WHICH TEAMS ARE TOUGH ? - XenoMorph - 07-20-2017

(07-20-2017, 04:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: But you guys did beat the Stooler's in the Superbowl lately, i loved that...

A lot. Rock On

I don't see how the Stooler's secondary slows down your WR core either this year with them and Rodgers healthy.

I bet you guys get the win in Pitt this year.

Packers are in a similar boat as us...  Need that OL to step up

RE: BENGALS PLAY NFC NORTH, AFC SOUTH. WHICH TEAMS ARE TOUGH ? - ochocincos - 07-20-2017

What OLine talk? I haven't seen any around here Sarcasm

RE: BENGALS PLAY NFC NORTH, AFC SOUTH. WHICH TEAMS ARE TOUGH ? - BonnieBengal - 07-21-2017

North.  Packers as always, and also the Vikings.  Zimmer still knows us pretty well.  We're pretty much still using his defense.  South:  I think we can sweep the South.  We do owe the Texans a loss, and we're going to give them one.  

RE: BENGALS PLAY NFC NORTH, AFC SOUTH. WHICH TEAMS ARE TOUGH ? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-21-2017

(07-20-2017, 05:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Packers are in a similar boat as us...  Need that OL to step up

Yeah, they lost TJ Lang who was their best O-lineman while we lost Whit. Earily similar.

RE: BENGALS PLAY NFC NORTH, AFC SOUTH. WHICH TEAMS ARE TOUGH ? - jason - 07-21-2017

(07-20-2017, 05:07 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Packers are in a similar boat as us...  Need that OL to step up

Except we didn't have to convert Tyler Boyd to RB.

RE: BENGALS PLAY NFC NORTH, AFC SOUTH. WHICH TEAMS ARE TOUGH ? - packerbacker - 07-22-2017

(07-21-2017, 12:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, they lost TJ Lang who was their best O-lineman while we lost Whit. Earily similar.

Also eerie similar that we will both be in the Super Bowl this year too. 

RE: BENGALS PLAY NFC NORTH, AFC SOUTH. WHICH TEAMS ARE TOUGH ? - jeremydc - 07-22-2017

I don't see any easy wins besides the Browns and Bears. Even then, I wouldn't bet my house on it.

RE: BENGALS PLAY NFC NORTH, AFC SOUTH. WHICH TEAMS ARE TOUGH ? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-22-2017

(07-22-2017, 01:00 AM)packerbacker Wrote: Also eerie similar that we will both be in the Super Bowl this year too. 

Yeah baby. Rock On

RE: BENGALS PLAY NFC NORTH, AFC SOUTH. WHICH TEAMS ARE TOUGH ? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 07-22-2017

(07-22-2017, 01:41 AM)jeremydc Wrote: I don't see any easy wins besides the Browns and Bears. Even then, I wouldn't bet my house on it.

Seriously Jeremy?

Our Defense alone should keep us in every game. Getting rid of Peko and Maualuga and replacing them with Billings
and Minter is exactly what this Defense needed. Then we added Willis and Lawson to our pass rush. We should be a
really tough team to play in the regular season.

If our O-line plays terrible we still should be in most games with this Defense.

And as of right now Og and Fisher seem to have progressed big time, Boling should be 100% unlike last year and big
Andre should be a much better run blocker than Zeitler was here.

The Playoffs is where i wouldn't ever bet on us with this Head Coach. But you cannot deny that this team has been
one of the toughest teams in the league to beat in the regular season over the last 7 years or so.