Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
O line struggeling - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: O line struggeling (/Thread-O-line-struggeling)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

O line struggeling - THE Bigzoman - 08-05-2017

O line has been looking like a bunch of men in TuTUs lately.

I hate the Piano man right now. We draft two guys he was drooling over and they're bad.

What do you guys think of the lines struggles in camp? Houston is going have a party with Dalton come Week 2

RE: O line struggeling - Socal Bengals fan - 08-05-2017

No surprise here

RE: O line struggeling - Bilbo Saggins - 08-05-2017

Will reserve judgement until the pre-season game.  That should give some indication as to whether or not the d-line is just that good this year or if the o-line really going to be bad.

RE: O line struggeling - TSwigZ - 08-05-2017

Maybe our DLine is just unguardable Wink

RE: O line struggeling - BFritz21 - 08-05-2017

O-line has been my one concern of possibly holding this team back from being great but I felt better because I thought I heard that they had been good in camp.

Guess not...........

Cry

RE: O line struggeling - McC - 08-05-2017

(08-05-2017, 02:40 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: O line has been looking like a bunch of men in TuTUs lately.

I hate the Piano man right now. We draft two guys he was drooling over and they're bad.

What do you guys think of the lines struggles in camp? Houston is going have a party with Dalton come Week 2

According to whom?

RE: O line struggeling - HarleyDog - 08-05-2017

If they look bad in camp, it gives the coaches something to work on.

RE: O line struggeling - CornerBlitz - 08-05-2017

With all the awesome players at the skill positions it really does suck that our offense may only produce at a mediocre level because of our o line.

Unless our o line miraculous develops over the next month, I'm beginning to think this will be our achilles heel all season. I hope I'm wrong.

RE: O line struggeling - Daddy-O - 08-05-2017

(08-05-2017, 03:54 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: O-line has been my one concern of possibly holding this team back from being great but I felt better because I thought I heard that they had been good in camp.

Guess not...........  

Cry

Apparently not.

Sad you build this very talented team and miss the boat on the most important aspect of its success.  But what do we know, we're only fans.

RE: O line struggeling - Go Cards - 08-05-2017

None of us could have even imagined this happening.

Hope they improve quickly.

RE: O line struggeling - Bronxbengal - 08-05-2017

(08-05-2017, 08:41 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Apparently not.

Sad you build this very talented team and miss the boat on the most important aspect of its success.  But what do we know, we're only fans.

I want to give the benefit of the doubt and see with my own eyes the effectiveness of the offensive line before making any comments.  However, with a disclaimer, I am heavily biased and believe the coaching abilities of the Paul Alexander (a.k.a The Maestro or Piano Man) are vastly over rated and totally without merit.  He has done nothing for the past 20+ years. I do expect more of the same of the underachievement witnessed over the Maestro's coaching career, but I hoping to be surprised and see a top NFL leading line evolve before our eyes.  Even A blind squirrel can find a nut and we could get lucky too. (It is pre-season so I can be optimistic until the first snap!) 

RE: O line struggeling - Steve - 08-05-2017

slow your roll...
they will be fine & we're going to go 16-0
& win the SB too....
relax...

RE: O line struggeling - RASCAL - 08-05-2017

(08-05-2017, 06:00 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: If they look bad in camp, it gives the coaches something to work on.

that's what we're all afraid of Dog!

RE: O line struggeling - grampahol - 08-05-2017

Well, we do have a formidable defensive line and one young man, Carl Lawson seems to be giving everyone fits.
I always get a bit antcy (sp) when the defense is ruling everything in practice, but I have to think that's also a good thing. Having a shutdown D just can't be all bad. 
If the O-line is having problems with the D it may mean everyone else is going to as well. 
So ask yourself,  would you rather have an offensive line that can manhandle the defense or a defensive line that can manhandle the offense? Pick your poison.  

RE: O line struggeling - SunsetBengal - 08-05-2017

It was completely expected that the OL was going to have a tough time finding any consistency, going into this camp. Now, if we were seeing them having their way with our defense, THAT would be real cause for concern.

However, we have learned enough already to deduce that Andre Smith is not a magical plug and play solution at RG, as Trey Hopkins is getting a real, hard look at potentially being the starter. We keep hearing how Fisher put on 30# and was ready to move mountains, but I keep reading that he lands on his ass a lot, in practice. Surprisingly enough, the only real negative knock on Ogbuehi that I've read, is that Carl Lawson is the one he has no answer for. But, we've been hearing and reading that Lawson could be the man in the front 7 that we've been looking for.

RE: O line struggeling - Pat5775 - 08-05-2017

I'm shocked. Really, how could this be happening?  Whatever

I hope Dalton is working on his speed and elusiveness 

RE: O line struggeling - BFritz21 - 08-05-2017

(08-05-2017, 08:41 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Apparently not.

I know and, specifically, we haven't put enough focus into getting a stud center, which is a HUGE part of the line in this division with the monster nose tackles.

We haven't had a good center since Rich Braham.

If you have a good line, even average QBs can look good.

Aikman and Brady are obviously better than average and the Pats' line hasn't been on that level for years, but look at the Cowboys' dynasty of the 90s and the Pats' dynasty on most of their teams this century and notice a common theme of dominant offensive lines.

Let's just hope the squad can hold up this season.

RE: O line struggeling - CageTheBengal - 08-05-2017

Keep in mind this is the time of year when players are practicing to get better. They could just be working out the kinks.

When are they supposed to make mistakes and learn if not in training camp?

RE: O line struggeling - SunsetBengal - 08-05-2017

(08-05-2017, 12:34 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Keep in mind this is the time of year when players are practicing to get better. They could just be working out the kinks.

When are they supposed to make mistakes and learn if not in training camp?

Every football team that I ever played on, from Pee-Wee all the way through adult Semi-Pro, the defense always came together faster than the offense.  I'm not trying to say "everything is going to be just fine", but some of it is just typical to football.  

RE: O line struggeling - Whatever - 08-05-2017

(08-05-2017, 12:40 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Every football team that I ever played on, from Pee-Wee all the way through adult Semi-Pro, the defense always came together faster than the offense.  I'm not trying to say "everything is going to be just fine", but some of it is just typical to football.  

Yeah, preseason will be a better indication, and to be fair, by all accounts the OL held up fine for the first week of camp.  Now, they've struggled for the last two days and the sky is falling.  If our D is going to be a top 10 unit, like many of us think, they're going to win their share of battles.