Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
It's Tampa Bay Week. What Do YOU Want To See ? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: It's Tampa Bay Week. What Do YOU Want To See ? (/Thread-It-s-Tampa-Bay-Week-What-Do-YOU-Want-To-See)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: It's Tampa Bay Week. What Do YOU Want To See ? - Lionel Hutz - 08-08-2017

Nothing exotic here but need to see kickers making kicks (both of them); AJ McCarron lighting it up (gotta keep that trade value high); rookie defensive ends making plays; solid competition for last WR roster spots.

RE: It's Tampa Bay Week. What Do YOU Want To See ? - BonnieBengal - 08-08-2017

(08-05-2017, 03:42 PM)Shady Wrote: I still remember our preseason game against them 2 years ago. Their starters killed us. Zampese better treat this as more than a scrimmage or it won't be pretty. Same for Guenther. Teach the rookies what it's like to game plan.

What am I looking for? Besides the obvious things you've already mentioned (i.e., Oline), I want to see our new weapons on offense. Probably have to wait for the 2s and 3s to see what Malone is all about. Also, this will be our first look at WJ3 actually playing.

I do not see any point in going all out in our first preseason game.  A preseason loss does not matter.  

RE: It's Tampa Bay Week. What Do YOU Want To See ? - BonnieBengal - 08-08-2017

I'd like to see Elliott make all his kicks. And I'd love to see the O line play well but I'm doubtful.

RE: It's Tampa Bay Week. What Do YOU Want To See ? - bfine32 - 08-08-2017

(08-05-2017, 03:25 PM)kevin Wrote: ...Besides NO INJURIES....That's so old it's got whiskers. ...Yes it's true, you do not want Preseason Game Injuries, we ALL agree to that.

This one has always cracked me up every time one of these threads is starting.

"What do you want to see?"

"No injuries"

"OK, don't watch the game"

Basically folks want to see the absence of something.

WTS: I'm curious to see the folks I've never seen on the field:

Billings

WJIII

Ross (if active)

Mixon

Willis

Lawson 

The new kicker

RE: It's Tampa Bay Week. What Do YOU Want To See ? - J24 - 08-08-2017

Two key understated position battles I want to see.
Shaw vs Smith at Safety- I think Williams will see the majority of his time at Nickle LB during regular season. So it's between these two at safety next to Iloka.
Hardison vs Gilberry vs Williams vs Clarke Nickle DT- it's a key role that know one talks about. Hunt gave us nothing at that position and Clarke wasn't much better. I hope Hardison wins the job but feel like Gilberry will.
Others I like to see
William Jackson- heard he is a best
Dennard- I think he is going to prove himself this season. Everyone forgets that he has played behind some pretty good corners in his career and that's why he hasn't played much.
Lawson- another beast from haven't heard this much press over a rookie since Atkins in 10.
Malone- the other rookie Wr will be a good pick.

RE: It's Tampa Bay Week. What Do YOU Want To See ? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-09-2017

Also want to see us score when we get in the Redzone.

Sounds like we have been good at this in camp just would like to see it in a game against another team.

Kroft sounds to be playing very good right now. Happy he is finally coming back from that injury well.

RE: It's Tampa Bay Week. What Do YOU Want To See ? - rezolve11 - 08-09-2017

All I really want to see is all of the hype translating into good football.

I want Lawson to blow up Tampa's lines.
I want Mixon to have some long runs, long TD runs.
I want to see our corners outside of kirky and pacman absolutely shut down the passing game.
That's it, I'm asking for a shutout. LMAO

RE: It's Tampa Bay Week. What Do YOU Want To See ? - sandwedge - 08-09-2017

(08-09-2017, 01:22 PM)rezolve11 Wrote: All I really want to see is all of the hype translating into good football.

I want Lawson to blow up Tampa's lines.
I want Mixon to have some long runs, long TD runs.
I want to see our corners outside of kirky and pacman absolutely shut down the passing game.
That's it, I'm asking for a shutout.  LMAO

Pretty much spot on. I don't expect our O-line to come out and blow TB's d-line away but I want to see them hold their own for the most part. I've said it before, but it is going to take them time to gel, I think. If by week 4 of the season and they still can't get it right, well then we are in trouble.  Me, I am being optimistic we will be fine and I see this team as on the rise again. 

RE: It's Tampa Bay Week. What Do YOU Want To See ? - Ricky Spanish - 08-09-2017

Is the game on tv anywhere?

RE: It's Tampa Bay Week. What Do YOU Want To See ? - BengalHawk62 - 08-09-2017

(08-09-2017, 02:54 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Is the game on tv anywhere?

I think its on the Ocho.

RE: It's Tampa Bay Week. What Do YOU Want To See ? - McC - 08-09-2017

WKRC Channel 12.  7:30.

RE: It's Tampa Bay Week. What Do YOU Want To See ? - Jpoore - 08-09-2017

Lawson dominate and our oline hold up. That would mean to me it's not our oline that sucks but our dline being great.

RE: It's Tampa Bay Week. What Do YOU Want To See ? - kevin - 08-10-2017

(08-08-2017, 06:24 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I do not see any point in going all out in our first preseason game.  A preseason loss does not matter.  

I'm sure we will see the vanilla version of the playbook....Still, other than a handful of players, most of these guys need to GET AT IT if they want to keep or earn a job in the NFL....A lot of these guys only have this game and next weeks game because by Preseason Game 3, the starters get stretched out and MANY CUTS....Plus, this isn't the touch footy ball Pro Bowl. If you don't go all out in a Preseason Game, you get injured because the other team has players fighting for a job and a paycheck this year. ...Lack of effort or not going All Out will cost some players their NFL jobs and also might get them injured. 

So I expect the coaches keeping a lot of playbook for regular season and vanilla playbook, BUT I do expect players on the field going All Out...All Super Bowl winners say it started back in Training Camp and Preseason.  I hope that some late round picks and undrafted free agents open some coaches eyes, because we could use that.  Bengals were not very good last year, and we need some surprise players like the year Burfict an undrafted free agent.  Had he never got his preseason shot, he might not even be in NFL.  Everybody on team should get in the game and bust their rear ends for a job as if a job interview, which it is. 

We have 17 Offensive Linemen in camp, and every one of them should play, because one of the guys farther down the list may be better than the unproven starters.

I would like to see some players make GAME WINNING plays....I don't want to see them lose all Preseason either. Often that means your team stinks. Supposedly fans say we have all this great depth. OK, lets see them make Game Winning BIG PLAYS.

RE: It's Tampa Bay Week. What Do YOU Want To See ? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-10-2017

(08-09-2017, 02:42 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Pretty much spot on. I don't expect our O-line to come out and blow TB's d-line away but I want to see them hold their own for the most part. I've said it before, but it is going to take them time to gel, I think. If by week 4 of the season and they still can't get it right, well then we are in trouble.  Me, I am being optimistic we will be fine and I see this team as on the rise again. 

Completely agree, just want to see the O-line hold its own somewhat at this point against a good front.

It will take time to gel, they should have some troubles, just hope they don't get dominated. McCoy and the boys are
pretty damn good in Tampa. Should be a great test in the first Preseason game.

RE: It's Tampa Bay Week. What Do YOU Want To See ? - kevin - 08-10-2017

Dayton Ohio Area ...7:30 PM Friday Night...ABC Channel 22

NFL Network  across USA at 1:00 AM Eastern Standard Time late Friday into early Saturday morning.  NFL Network shows it again 1 in afternoon EST on Tuesday. 

RE: It's Tampa Bay Week. What Do YOU Want To See ? - BonnieBengal - 08-10-2017

(08-10-2017, 03:33 AM)kevin Wrote: I'm sure we will see the vanilla version of the playbook....Still, other than a handful of players, most of these guys need to GET AT IT if they want to keep or earn a job in the NFL....A lot of these guys only have this game and next weeks game because by Preseason Game 3, the starters get stretched out and MANY CUTS....Plus, this isn't the touch footy ball Pro Bowl. If you don't go all out in a Preseason Game, you get injured because the other team has players fighting for a job and a paycheck this year. ...Lack of effort or not going All Out will cost some players their NFL jobs and also might get them injured. 

So I expect the coaches keeping a lot of playbook for regular season and vanilla playbook, BUT I do expect players on the field going All Out...All Super Bowl winners say it started back in Training Camp and Preseason.  I hope that some late round picks and undrafted free agents open some coaches eyes, because we could use that.  Bengals were not very good last year, and we need some surprise players like the year Burfict an undrafted free agent.  Had he never got his preseason shot, he might not even be in NFL.  Everybody on team should get in the game and bust their rear ends for a job as if a job interview, which it is. 

We have 17 Offensive Linemen in camp, and every one of them should play, because one of the guys farther down the list may be better than the unproven starters.

I would like to see some players make GAME WINNING plays....I don't want to see them lose all Preseason either.  Often that means your team stinks.  Supposedly fans say we have all this great depth.  OK, lets see them make Game Winning BIG PLAYS.

I'd rather have an injury-free preseason, as much as possible.  Guys who are a lock like A.J. shouldn't even be playing much.  I'd hate to see a rookie like Mixon get injured for the season during a preseason game. We know he's going to make the team.  I really don't care what our won-loss record is.  This is about getting the kinks out and getting ready for the season. For the guys who might not make the team, it's a different story. They should play lights out. As far as O Line goes, I agree they need the reps.

RE: It's Tampa Bay Week. What Do YOU Want To See ? - rfaulk34 - 08-10-2017

I want to see the Bengals featured on the next episode of Hard Knocks. 

RE: It's Tampa Bay Week. What Do YOU Want To See ? - Nebuchadnezzar - 08-10-2017

I want to see domination in every phase of the game while the first and second teams are out there.

RE: It's Tampa Bay Week. What Do YOU Want To See ? - TKUHL - 08-11-2017

I know what I DONT want to see, Ross or Mixon doing kick returns. I hope the o line surprises us, D line gets penetration, and play calling gets better. Im anxious to see the rooks and Billings/WJ3. Also curious to see how Vigil does.

RE: It's Tampa Bay Week. What Do YOU Want To See ? - kevin - 08-11-2017

With all the McCarron threads, you would think some might want to see THE BIG MAC ATTACK.

A name to look for is Kent Perkins....A very good Texas Longhorn Offensive Lineman who was not drafted and I'm hoping a sleeper like Burfict was. Since we didn't address O Line much in the draft, we could use an undrafted sleeper. I hope Kent Perkins of Texas can block, we could use the help...Forrest Gregg use to like getting those Texas players. Texas well know for it's high school and college football.