Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Pre Season Game 1 Highlights - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Pre Season Game 1 Highlights (/Thread-Pre-Season-Game-1-Highlights)

Pages: 1 2

Pre Season Game 1 Highlights - Ricky Spanish - 08-12-2017

Game highlights...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R3GDBq8pa0 (1:31 Watch Driskel break 4 ankles)

Joe Mixon Touches...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khb8DzKJWTQ

RE: Pre Season Game 1 Highlights - kevin - 08-12-2017

My Highlights were O Line looked OK in this game. Both kickers made field goals. Hill, Mixon and Carson ran the ball well. QB Driskel played well. Youth on Defense looked good. Bengals even WON in THE JUNGLE. Just about every WR caught a pass. ....Nothing really stands out as great, and it is only preseason. The good news is Dalton, McCarron and Driskel didn't get their rear ends handed to them all night due to no blocking. The blocking was OK in this game.

RE: Pre Season Game 1 Highlights - HarleyDog - 08-12-2017

I think Mixon done very well for his preseason debut. He stays focused and when he see's something, he its it hard. Something we have missed.

RE: Pre Season Game 1 Highlights - kevin - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 07:20 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think Mixon done very well for his preseason debut. He stays focused and when he see's something, he its it hard. Something we have missed.

Some of those holes for Mixon you could have drove a truck through...The O Line was opening some HUGE running lanes on some plays.....Of course, it's just preseason game one, but it was good to see. Hope it continues.  Hill started the game strong and Carson finished running strong, plus announcers said Bernard looking good in practice...Not Who Do You Like, as one thread asks, but hopefully a solid TEAM to take Dalton and Green and this TEAM to play-offs and play-off wins. The Dalton to Green Combo no longer newbies. Hard to believe it's their 7th season in NFL. Becoming old Vets. Carson Palmer was in 7th season for Bengals in 2009. I think Ken Anderson in 1978. I think Boomer in 1989. WE need a FULL TEAM for Dalton and Green Combo to WIN in their window of opportunity...Tonight was a GOOD TEAM EFFORT.

Pre Season Game 1 Highlights - Bronxbengal - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 08:23 AM)kevin Wrote: Some of those holes for Mixon you could have drove a truck through...The O Line was opening some HUGE running lanes on some plays.....

I don't thinks so. Many of Mixon's yards came from cut backs at the line. Last night he showed me he had very good vision. The line did ok but to say those holes were huge, I don't think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Pre Season Game 1 Highlights - pally - 08-12-2017

whichever kicker we don't keep has a job in Tampa Bay

RE: Pre Season Game 1 Highlights - Trademark - 08-12-2017

Dalton looked to be in postseason form throwing that interception last night Ninja

RE: Pre Season Game 1 Highlights - McC - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 09:05 AM)pally Wrote: whichever kicker we don't keep has a job in Tampa Bay

LMAO.

RE: Pre Season Game 1 Highlights - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-12-2017

My takeaways.....

The o line has a ways to go...but they sure looked improved.  I'm breathing a little easier now.

Hill looked good last night....I think the improvement up front helps that...but he also ran with purpose and decisively.  Mixon looked good....so if Hill can maintain...plus Gio....this run game can be scary good.

Saw more H back....love it.

Lawson is indeed a handful.

Willis looked good too.  In fact....this d line only has one problem...who do you cut? Damn....that Smith kid didn't look too bad either.

Driskel is a baller. Dude played at LaTech....home of the run and gun.  If we pass on a 2nd rounder for #5....we truly are stupid.  Driskel looks to be just as serviceable with most likely a better arm.  Plus....the run aspect of his game. Color me impressed as a backup.

Cut Peerman....keep Tra Carson. Enough said.

Offense looked like it had more identity and direction even though it was just preseason. All three units looked pretty good....minus some bad blocking here and there with the 3rds...as to be expected.

We still can't cover the middle of the field. It was there all night. Holes in pass coverage there....and lots of space for the run game there. We gotta clean that up.

Billings gets good push.

Overall...a good effort....and a shit ton better than what we saw from this squad against Tampa a few years ago. Looks like the focus is here day 1.

RE: Pre Season Game 1 Highlights - yellowxdiscipline - 08-12-2017

So if Driskel continues to shine in preseason, do you think that eases the stance on trading McCarron?

RE: Pre Season Game 1 Highlights - redwood - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 09:55 AM)Wyche Wrote: My takeaways.....

The o line has a ways to go...but they sure looked improved.  I'm breathing a little easier now.

Hill looked good last night....I think the improvement up front helps that...but he also ran with purpose and decisively.  Mixon looked good....so if Hill can maintain...plus Gio....this run game can be scary good.

Saw more H back....love it.

Lawson is indeed a handful.

Willis looked good too.  In fact....this d line only has one problem...who do you cut? Damn....that Smith kid didn't look too bad either.

Driskel is a baller. Dude played at LaTech....home of the run and gun.  If we pass on a 2nd rounder for #5....we truly are stupid.  Driskel looks to be just as serviceable with most likely a better arm.  Plus....the run aspect of his game. Color me impressed as a backup.

Cut Peerman....keep Tra Carson. Enough said.

Offense looked like it had more identity and direction even though it was just preseason. All three units looked pretty good....minus some bad blocking here and there with the 3rds...as to be expected.

We still can't cover the middle of the field. It was there all night. Holes in pass coverage there....and lots of space for the run game there. We gotta clean that up.

Billings gets good push.

Overall...a good effort....and a shit ton better than what we saw from this squad against Tampa a few years ago. Looks like the focus is here day 1.

All in all... a pretty good game.   I missed the start so... saw very little of the minimal show by starters.    Mixon + Carson ran well. The O-line was OKAY.... The D Line looked good.  Driskol did great... but played  in a half of guys who'd be at best, backups. We gave up a lot of midrange passes, but nothing deep. The Kickers did fine.
Carson runs good... but Peerman has stood out on Special teams.   With Hill, Mixon, Gio, getting the carries, I think the Spec Teams factor will matter.

RE: Pre Season Game 1 Highlights - BenZoo2 - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 07:20 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think Mixon done very well for his preseason debut. He stays focused and when he see's something, he its it hard. Something we have missed.

That's what she said.  

RE: Pre Season Game 1 Highlights - SunsetBengal - 08-12-2017

Who, in the secondary, was getting beat by Mike Evans? I seen that Evans had 4 catches for 58 yds.

RE: Pre Season Game 1 Highlights - Synric - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 11:47 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Who, in the secondary, was getting beat by Mike Evans?  I seen that Evans had 4 catches for 58 yds.

Everyone but Pacman lol. He beat Dennard for a big play (pushed off a little but didn't extend his arms was a good no call). I know he beat WJIII on a crossing route but he dropped the ball.

RE: Pre Season Game 1 Highlights - McC - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 11:59 AM)Synric Wrote: Everyone but Pacman lol. He beat Dennard for a big play (pushed off a little but didn't extend his arms was a good no call). I know he beat WJIII on a crossing route but he dropped the ball.

Evans pushes off on every route.  That's why he got tangled up with Jones and that's why he didn't get the calls in the end zone.  And I disagree about the Dennard play.  Evans pushed him hard enough to move him off his spot, which should be a penalty.

RE: Pre Season Game 1 Highlights - Trademark - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 11:59 AM)Synric Wrote: Everyone but Pacman lol. He beat Dennard for a big play (pushed off a little but didn't extend his arms was a good no call). I know he beat WJIII on a crossing route but he dropped the ball.

Really don't think our starters on D were trying much for the most part it looked vanilla. I think they are playing it safe to avoid injuries

RE: Pre Season Game 1 Highlights - Synric - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 12:32 PM)Trademark Wrote: Really don't think our starters on D were trying much for the most part it looked vanilla. I think they are playing it safe to avoid injuries

Yea they looked like it I I think all of them had a "WTF kinda play was that" last night.

(08-12-2017, 11:47 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Who, in the secondary, was getting beat by Mike Evans?  I seen that Evans had 4 catches for 58 yds.

Evans got away 2 or 3 pushoffs that I saw. Mostly against Dennard.

@redwood....my opinion...Carson looked good enough on teams to usurp Peerman, combined with his rushing performance.

(08-12-2017, 10:20 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: So if Driskel continues to shine in preseason, do you think that eases the stance on trading McCarron?

It certainly should if the offer is right.