Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Ogbuehi Sucks - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Ogbuehi Sucks (/Thread-Ogbuehi-Sucks)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Ogbuehi Sucks - BFritz21 - 08-12-2017

Just watched the entire first half and only watched him every play.

He's HORRIBLE...... he can't handle speed rushers and he's screwed if a defender just makes one move because he's not agile enough to slide out or in to block them.

He's like a statue in pass pro and it's like the coaches knew he would be because it seemed like Andy and AJ were in mostly or all three step drops.

Am I overreacting or is our season shot?

RE: Ogbuehi Sucks - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 09:36 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Just watched the entire first half and only watched him every play.

He's HORRIBLE...... he can't handle speed rushers and he's screwed if a defender just makes one move because he's not agile enough to slide out or in to block them.

He's like a statue in pass pro and it's like the coaches knew he would be because it seemed like Andy and AJ were in mostly or all three step drops.

Am I overreacting or is our season shot?

I think a bit of an overreaction. I agree he isn't that hot....but at least he's better than he was.  Plus....the Bucs D aren't slouches.

RE: Ogbuehi Sucks - SunsetBengal - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 09:43 AM)Wyche Wrote: I think a bit of an overreaction. I agree he isn't that hot....but at least he's better than he was.  Plus....the Bucs D aren't slouches.

The game wasn't aired, down here.  I'm going to have to catch the replay, on NFLN, and take a good close look.  How did the big kid from ND State look, as the backup LT?

RE: Ogbuehi Sucks - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 09:47 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The game wasn't aired, down here.  I'm going to have to catch the replay, on NFLN, and take a good close look.  How did the big kid from ND State look, as the backup LT?

Not too shabby....albeit against backups.  Westerman and Hopkins played well, I thought.

RE: Ogbuehi Sucks - redwood - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 09:43 AM)Wyche Wrote: I think a bit of an overreaction. I agree he isn't that hot....but at least he's better than he was.  Plus....the Bucs D aren't slouches.

Well......My idea was that Fisher seemed better suited to L Tackle and Ced to RT.  I can't put too much on one Preseason game but... it's a question unanswered for now.

RE: Ogbuehi Sucks - bfine32 - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 09:36 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Am I overreacting or is our season shot?

You're not overreacting it's just how we wired. In your mind you have already decided the Ced in terrible at LT. Anything you see to support this assumption will automatically channel you to focus on that and ignore any data that contradicts your assumption.

Ced and the rest of the online (to include Bodine) had a fine night. I don't think Andy or AJM got touched and the running game was productive. Now of course I could be saying this because my mind has decided that these kids are going to be alright. 

RE: Ogbuehi Sucks - muskiesfan - 08-12-2017

I think Ced has shown enough for us all to know that Alexander the Great screwed the pooch again. I don't care how athletic this kid is, he can't block for shit. He's going to get Dalton, Mixon, Hill, Gio, and anyone else who stands in that backfield killed. The fact we keep letting Alexander the Great have his favorites and let them have their positions regardless of production is a testament to the Brown family's philosophy on winning.

RE: Ogbuehi Sucks - McC - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 10:28 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: I think Ced has shown enough for us all to know that Alexander the Great screwed the pooch again. I don't care how athletic this kid is, he can't block for shit. He's going to get Dalton, Mixon, Hill, Gio, and anyone else who stands in that backfield killed. The fact we keep letting Alexander the Great have his favorites and let them have their positions regardless of production is a testament to the Brown family's philosophy on winning.

Is this based on last night?   If it is, you're wrong, wrong, wrong.

(08-12-2017, 10:31 AM)McC Wrote: Is this based on last night?   If it is, you're wrong, wrong, wrong.

Overall body of work. Although that complete whiff he had on the Hill tackle for loss is something I feel we'll see plenty of this year.

RE: Ogbuehi Sucks - bfine32 - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 10:26 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You're not overreacting it's just how we wired. In your mind you have already decided the Ced in terrible at LT. Anything you see to support this assumption will automatically channel you to focus on that and ignore any data that contradicts your assumption.

(08-12-2017, 10:34 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: Overall body of work. Although that complete whiff he had on the Hill tackle for loss is something I feel we'll see plenty of this year.

Damn, I'm good, 

RE: Ogbuehi Sucks - SunsetBengal - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 10:03 AM)Wyche Wrote: Not too shabby....albeit against backups.  Westerman and Hopkins played well, I thought.

I've read two articles this morning that tend to agree with your overall take on the OL's performance, as a unit.  Both said the OL played well, but both were critical of Ogbuehi.  One of the authors went to length to criticize Og's lack of aggression, and the fact that he was walking or standing around, while run plays were still live.  Both authors were quick to point out that Ogbuehi got beaten on multiple plays in Pass Pro.

(08-12-2017, 10:46 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Damn, I'm good, 

Don't hurt yourself patting your own back.

I will have no problem saying I'm wrong if Ced plays well this season. His play up to this point does not warrant benefit of the doubt. Evidently we should downplay the significance of preseason games for some players, but not others. So Ced had a decent game last night, now he's a surefire NFL caliber LT?

RE: Ogbuehi Sucks - BFritz21 - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 10:28 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: I think Ced has shown enough for us all to know that Alexander the Great screwed the pooch again. I don't care how athletic this kid is, he can't block for shit. He's going to get Dalton, Mixon, Hill, Gio, and anyone else who stands in that backfield killed. The fact we keep letting Alexander the Great have his favorites and let them have their positions regardless of production is a testament to the Brown family's philosophy on winning.
He's not athletic in pass pro because he just stands there and lets defenders run by him!
(08-12-2017, 10:46 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've read two articles this morning that tend to agree with your overall take on the OL's performance, as a unit.  Both said the OL played well, but both were critical of Ogbuehi.  One of the authors went to length to criticize Og's lack of aggression, and the fact that he was walking or standing around, while run plays were still live.  Both authors were quick to point out that Ogbuehi got beaten on multiple plays in Pass Pro.

I actually didn't think he was that bad in run blocking, but his pass protection is what has me worried about the whole season.

RE: Ogbuehi Sucks - BenZoo2 - 08-12-2017

Ced didn't play great, he didn't play horrible either. He knows his importance to the teams success and he was probably dealing with a big case of the jitters. He's got 4 more weeks to correct the "correctables" after reviewing the game film.

I'm not ready to call him a pro bowler, but I'm cautiously optimistic he can get to an average nfl starter level.

RE: Ogbuehi Sucks - CageTheBengal - 08-12-2017

As long as I see him look better from game to game I'm going to be happy.

It was a good starting point from where he was at last year.

RE: Ogbuehi Sucks - blt4584 - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 10:46 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've read two articles this morning that tend to agree with your overall take on the OL's performance, as a unit.  Both said the OL played well, but both were critical of Ogbuehi.  One of the authors went to length to criticize Og's lack of aggression, and the fact that he was walking or standing around, while run plays were still live.  Both authors were quick to point out that Ogbuehi got beaten on multiple plays in Pass Pro.

Unfortunately, that's something he probably picked up at A&M. A lot of players that have been through there seem to get pushed around and have problems with motivation. Mike Evans being the obvious exception.

I thought he did look better than last year though, so progress!

RE: Ogbuehi Sucks - NATI BENGALS - 08-12-2017

barely watched any of the game. The few plays i saw OG was getting beat looking like garbage. Slightly less garbage than last year?

RE: Ogbuehi Sucks - McC - 08-12-2017

So he doesn't go from awful to superstar in one off season. That means he sucks, apparently. Og, you will be a whipping boy and nothing short of All Pro will change those minds.

RE: Ogbuehi Sucks - RoyleRedlegs - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 12:22 PM)McC Wrote: So he doesn't go from awful to superstar in one off season.  That means he sucks, apparently.  Og, you will be a whipping boy and nothing short of All Pro will change those minds.

Usually that's the term used for someone not good at football. 

RE: Ogbuehi Sucks - Brimey - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 10:03 AM)Wyche Wrote: Not too shabby....albeit against backups.  Westerman and Hopkins played well, I thought.

Agreed...suddenly we seem pretty good at the guard position..and the fact we aren't talking about Fisher bodes well