Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Chris Smith - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Chris Smith (/Thread-Chris-Smith)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Chris Smith - Sled21 - 08-12-2017

High motor. Played a heck of a game last night.... Rock On

RE: Chris Smith - bengalfan74 - 08-12-2017

Yes he did and if he keeps it up it's going to be hard to cut him. Michael Johnson on the other hand is looking very expendable.

RE: Chris Smith - lone bengal - 08-12-2017

Indeed he played well. It was refreshing to see the Bengals willing to acquire smaller speed rushers this offseason by bringing in guys like Lawson and Smith, breaking their trend of drafting 6’7 280 pound plus guys at DE. Speed kills in today’s NFL ad we lacked it last year in all phases of the game. If we carry Lawson as a linebacker Smith still has an uphill battle to make the roster with guys like Dunlap, Johnson, Willis and Clarke still at DE. I know he’s been in the league a few years with Jacksonville not sure if Smith is practice squad eligible ?

RE: Chris Smith - Luvnit2 - 08-12-2017

(08-12-2017, 10:48 PM)Sled21 Wrote: High motor. Played a heck of a game last night.... Rock On

ThumbsUp

RE: Chris Smith - THE PISTONS - 08-12-2017

Our defensive line is soo deep. We'll cut guys that could probably start on some teams.

Hopefully we can trade some instead of cutting them to get some value back.

RE: Chris Smith - SunsetBengal - 08-13-2017

(08-12-2017, 11:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Our defensive line is soo deep. We'll cut guys that could probably start on some teams.

Hopefully we can trade some instead of cutting them to get some value back.

A deal involving one of our DL prospects for a decent OL prospect would be pretty sweet.

RE: Chris Smith - MaineBengal - 08-13-2017

I'm thinking there will be a lot of turnover on the Bengals D-line this year. MJ, Pat Sims, Gilberry, and Will Clarke should be nervous, imho.

RE: Chris Smith - StLucieBengal - 08-13-2017

(08-13-2017, 01:22 AM)MaineBengal Wrote: I'm thinking there will be a lot of turnover on the Bengals D-line this year. MJ, Pat Sims, Gilberry, and Will Clarke should be nervous, imho.

MJ and Sims will be here. Gilberry is just a back stop guy anyway and Clarke is probably done.

(08-13-2017, 01:19 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A deal involving one of our DL prospects for a decent OL prospect would be pretty sweet.

That would be nice but I just see anyone giving up a bright OL prospect. Maybe Dallas but they are in a transition themselves and lost some depth.

(08-13-2017, 01:28 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: MJ and Sims will be here.   Gilberry is just a back stop guy anyway and Clarke is probably done.

Are you sure about MJ?  He's been less than stellar, ever since coming back from the Bucs.  Unless he really steps up his game, I could see the team going with the youth movement on the DL.

(08-13-2017, 01:32 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: That would be nice but I just see anyone giving up a bright OL prospect.  Maybe Dallas but they are in a transition themselves and lost some depth.

Keeping Dallas in mind, I read that La'el Collins still hasn't won a starting job.  He would be a nice backup option with the Bengals.

(08-13-2017, 01:32 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you sure about MJ?  He's been less than stellar, ever since coming back from the Bucs.  Unless he really steps up his game, I could see the team going with the youth movement on the DL.

They love him and they love vets who show young players the way. He will see his contract out just like Robert Geathers.

(08-13-2017, 01:34 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Keeping Dallas in mind, I read that La'el Collins still hasn't won a starting job.  He would be a nice backup option with the Bengals.

But who on earth would they want in return? And I can't imagine they let him walk. They just extended him.

(08-13-2017, 01:36 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: But who on earth would they want in return?  And I can't imagine they let him walk.   They just extended him.

Perfect opportunity to unload Jeremy Hill.

RE: Chris Smith - Brimey - 08-13-2017

(08-12-2017, 11:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes he did and if he keeps it up it's going to be hard to cut him. Michael Johnson on the other hand is looking very expendable.

Yes, there is no way Johnson is on this team based on his play be the other DL I saw. Hardison looked pretty darn good from what I saw, Smith was beastly. Willis and Lawson are locks regardless. Clarke and Johnson are very meh at this point

RE: Chris Smith - Socal Bengals fan - 08-13-2017

Smith played great ... awesome to see. Even though it was against back ups I love his explosiveness. I love how the Bengals are or might go with smaller , quicker DEs. The MJs and Clarke's of the world look great in shorts but don't really add anything on the field . Those two in my book should get the boot. But of course they wont.. one is high priced the other high pick

(08-13-2017, 01:44 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Perfect opportunity to unload Jeremy Hill.

I wish

RE: Chris Smith - BengalsRocker - 08-13-2017

(08-13-2017, 03:08 AM)Brimey Wrote: Yes, there is no way Johnson is on this team based on his play be the other DL I saw. Hardison looked pretty darn good from what I saw, Smith was beastly. Willis and Lawson are locks regardless. Clarke and Johnson are very meh at this point

I thought MJ looked like he was getting pushed around most of the time.

Lack of strength is a big deal if his speed diminishes as well.

That all being said...  I still think he sticks.  Just like another poster said.  Geathers type stuff.

I just don't want to see him doing that hybrid LB/DE type thing.  That's a sure recipe for failure.

RE: Chris Smith - bengalfan74 - 08-13-2017

(08-13-2017, 01:32 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you sure about MJ?  He's been less than stellar, ever since coming back from the Bucs.  Unless he really steps up his game, I could see the team going with the youth movement on the DL.

You beat me to it. I think MJ's job is in major jeopardy, Clarke as well. You now Dunlap and Willis are locks but after that I'd say it's very much up in the air ! 

It's going to be really hard to cut Smith IMHO.

RE: Chris Smith - BengalsRocker - 08-13-2017

(08-13-2017, 09:02 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You beat me to it. I think MJ's job is in major jeopardy, Clarke as well. You now Dunlap and Willis are locks but after that I'd say it's very much up in the air ! 

It's going to be really hard to cut Smith IMHO.

Man I hope you're right. ThumbsUp