Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures. (/Thread-Cedric-Ogbeuhi-with-moving-pictures)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures. - Hoofhearted - 08-15-2017

If he can figure out how to transfer the power from his legs to his hands he'll be better. It's like his punches are weak and don't "pop" the defender. He let's the defender into his chest which takes all his power away. This is usually something experience and LOTS of practice helps with. Has good, quick feet, just need to complete it with staying smart with his technique/punch. He got by in college with his brute strength and quickness, but at this level they're all as fast and strong as you are.

btw I do think that he's gotten better from last year. I can tell that much. If he can keep getting better he should not be a major liability, and as shake pointed out, this is apart of their plan anyways. Has been from the beginning. Go with these quick (most likely pre-determined) routes that mask our o-line some. Lets lets this play out a little more to see if the coaches can adjust.

RE: Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures. - Aquapod770 - 08-15-2017

(08-14-2017, 07:14 PM)McC Wrote: All I know is he was better than last year and we're one preseason game into it.  Neither QB got sacked while he played and there were holes in the running game.  I say so far, so good.

As bad as he was last year, did you really expect him to be transformed overnight?

The harder people rag on him, the harder I will root for him.

So you're actively rooting for the team to fail?  Mellow

RE: Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures. - RoyleRedlegs - 08-15-2017

(08-15-2017, 03:51 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This is where i'm going to have to completely disagree with you. Read any scouting report on him coming out of college and you will see it's believed that he is a naturally gifted athlete. His core strength, anchor and hands were consistent worries but it was generally believed that with work, he could be a solid T in the NFL. 

Being a great athlete is the singular most overrated quality an offensive linemen can be labeled with. 
It's just not that important. Can it help? sure. 

But only if you have the other tools to make it work.

And seriously go watch his tape at TAMU, I still don't see what about it is first round OT. He never dominates a game. 
It's school hype (Matthews and Joeckel right before him) and bizarre fascination with measurables and athleticism on the OL. 

(08-15-2017, 01:13 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Here are two problems with your statements.  First duh.. schemes are supposed to protect the QB at times, that is actually called coaching and putting in certain formations and to be more accurate it is not schemes that protect the QB the most as it is running the ball effective that does which the Bengals did do in the game.. another point Lapham made that helped us throw the ba..

.. Second problem is.. this is your option "that was the plan", I have read nothing from Marvin or OC that stated the game plan was to protect our Left tackle.. you seem very determined to show what you believe on tape issues with his blocking, so please do the same with the game plan... i guess i missed the quote from Marvin and OC on that...

At no point did they run a deep drop for the QB. 
At no point did they run a long developing play.

But you keep telling yourself their plan wasn't to hide the limitations of our tackles. 

(08-15-2017, 02:29 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Usually we mix in some intermediate throws and maybe a deep shot in preseason games. This game was exclusively lightning quick short stuff. It leads me to believe that the coaches were trying to build some confidence for this young line (Og, Fisher, Westerman). It makes sense. The offense is mostly seasoned vets that don't really need to work on much. The big question is the young line, so I can see that being a point of emphasis in the early preseason.

While I loved Royle's analysis and agree with it, I disagree that this will be our offense all season...just to protect Og. If so, why draft all the speed? I believe we'll eventually settle into our normal offense and they're probably hoping Og develops quickly. If he continues to struggle...it's going to be a long season, and instead of bombs to AJ, Ross and Malone, we're going to see Andy getting creamed constantly. 

Either way, I don't think the coaches will completely limit the offense to protect one guy. We'd be just as screwed doing that as we would be letting Og get smoked on intermediate and deep plays. In short, Ogbuehi needs a massive improvement or we're going to see a repeat of last year. Protecting him would be just as bad for the offense, so he better be ready to roll.

I think you draft the speed for the YAC potential. 
Have you seen Ross run the slant in camp? That's why.
He can get open in the needed .5 seconds  Ninja

RE: Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures. - Socal Bengals fan - 08-15-2017

Id rather have that olineman from the Bucs type Donovan Smith. 607 340. That guy is a beast .

RE: Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures. - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-15-2017

(08-15-2017, 09:58 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: btw I do think that he's gotten better from last year. I can tell that much. If he can keep getting better he should not be a major liability, and as shake pointed out, this is apart of their plan anyways. Has been from the beginning. Go with these quick (most likely pre-determined) routes that mask our o-line some. Lets lets this play out a little more to see if the coaches can adjust.

The only problem with this is....DBs will see more and more tape, and will jump those routes.  Then we'll be back to saying our QB sucks...lol.

(08-15-2017, 10:23 AM)Wyche Wrote: The only problem with this is....DBs will see more and more tape, and will jump those routes.  Then we'll be back to saying our QB sucks...lol.

If only there were evidence of this....

oh the endzone interception 

RE: Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures. - Brownshoe - 08-15-2017

(08-15-2017, 10:23 AM)Wyche Wrote: The only problem with this is....DBs will see more and more tape, and will jump those routes.  Then we'll be back to saying our QB sucks...lol.

(08-15-2017, 10:29 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: If only there were evidence of this....

I doubt that most pass plays will be as quick as it was in the first preseason game. I think the biggest reason we seen that is because we don't want to see Dalton get hit in the preseason.

(08-15-2017, 10:35 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I doubt that most pass plays will be as quick as it was in the first preseason game. I think the biggest reason we seen that is because we don't want to see Dalton get hit in the preseason.

Sure but you aren't going to see them doing deep drop backs and long developing plays like we did A LOT last year. 

RE: Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures. - ochocincos - 08-15-2017

(08-15-2017, 10:19 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I think you draft the speed for the YAC potential. 
Have you seen Ross run the slant in camp? That's why.
He can get open in the needed .5 seconds  Ninja

Yea a lot of people think that speed can only be utilized for deep routes. He's ridiculous in short routes and screens too.
The play at 1:18 of the video below is my favorite JR play...
EDIT - Also the reverse play at 2:20

Ross is so much more than just a deep threat. I thought everyone figured that out by now after all the draft-time debating, but I guess not...

RE: Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures. - Synric - 08-15-2017

(08-15-2017, 10:29 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: If only there were evidence of this....

Lafell ran an awful route. It was rounded he didn't snap it off. He was then supposed to angle back toward the LoS and didnt.

Anyway Ced hooks the smaller faster Spence alot. Seems a common theme with big OTS vs smaller OLBs. 

Let them jump; that's why we got the speed we got. Dink and dunk, let them get complacent, then AJ or JR down the field wide open. 

Then AD misses and hits the mascot  Ninja (have to prep for my dalton hate, am-i-right?)

RE: Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures. - Essex Johnson - 08-15-2017

(08-15-2017, 09:41 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: My legitimate argument is based on end results of preseason game #1, your whole analysis is based on speculation and things that did not happen. I don't care if he has bad technique as long as he protects the QB and creates holes for running backs.

totally agree on this idea that we designed our game plan around protecting our LT tackle.. totally lacking any credible fact.. Something you can't dispute is we ran the ball well with 1st unit, moved the ball well, had zero sacks and pretty much penalty free on the line with 1st unit i believe...

of course we can shape our game plans on strength or weakness of our team and funny how so many said, we did quick passes to protect our QB.. duh did they skip the last couple years of Dalton moving to a quick release plus by design and using his strength... now some are howling we threw the ball quick.. well the WRs were open so yes throw the ball..lol.. plus some plays Dalton and AJ could have held the ball longer due to lack of pressure...

here is as much a key to our young line success as our young players continue to develop their craft..RUN THE BALL EFFECTIVE and you will help the PASSING GAME, as much as any improvement our linemen can make. 

RE: Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures. - Wyche'sWarrior - 08-15-2017

(08-15-2017, 11:03 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Let them jump; that's why we got the speed we got. Dink and dunk, let them get complacent, then AJ or JR down the field wide open. 

Then AD misses and hits the mascot  Ninja (have to prep for my dalton hate, am-i-right?)

LMAO.....good point.  If they can give Dalton time, the offense should be lethal.  One of the concerns I have is that Andy had made great strides in his footwork in 2015, through about the first half of 2016....then he seemed to get shellshocked and reverted back to his happy feet in the pocket.  I hope he has overcome this, and the line can hold long enough to keep him on the right path.

RE: Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures. - Brownshoe - 08-15-2017

(08-15-2017, 10:38 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Sure but you aren't going to see them doing deep drop backs and long developing plays like we did A LOT last year. 

You think that our line will be worse than it was last year? We have the weapons to do it even more than last year. We didn't drop back deep that much more often than a lot of other teams. We just completed a higher % of those plays.

RE: Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures. - WeezyBengal - 08-15-2017

This is a great thread. Nice work on the tape.

When your offensive lineman's first step is usually backwards, you have a problem.

RE: Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures. - WeezyBengal - 08-15-2017

(08-14-2017, 07:14 PM)McC Wrote: All I know is he was better than last year and we're one preseason game into it.  Neither QB got sacked while he played and there were holes in the running game.  I say so far, so good.

As bad as he was last year, did you really expect him to be transformed overnight?

The harder people rag on him, the harder I will root for him.

It's not really ragging on him. Its evaluating him. 

We all want to see Ced turn into a pro bowler but he has to get better... 

RE: Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures. - ochocincos - 08-15-2017

(08-15-2017, 11:22 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This is a great thread. Nice work on the tape.

When your offensive lineman's first step is usually backwards, you have a problem.

Who was the OL back like 5-10 years ago that always telegraphed whether it was a run or pass based on the fact he would move his left foot back in prep for defending the pass? Was it Livings?