Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
(Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2017 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2017-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** (/Thread-Preseason-Week-3-Bengals-Redskins-GameDay-Thread)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - BonnieBengal - 08-27-2017

(08-27-2017, 07:38 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I swear if the Bengals keep Elliot ........

I want them to keep him.  He's going to do better for another team that Bullock does for us.  Just watch.  Bullock's already let us down.  We had a chance to draft and develop another kicker and we're gonna give him away.  So stupid.

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - TKUHL - 08-27-2017

(08-27-2017, 07:39 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Backups looking meh...

I remember a few years back our backups looked awesome in the pre season. Not so much now.

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - Pat5775 - 08-27-2017

(08-27-2017, 07:36 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: that's a BS stat.  He has a low 80s average and hasn't played a full season since 2014.  He has also missed a game winner for us.  Cue the "bad snap" responses.

Bonnie, for crying out loud, why do you assume Elliott would be any better? Granted, Bullock hasn't been the best over his career but he's been way better than Elliott since the start of training camp. With that miss, Elliott undoubtedly kicked his own way off this team. It is what it is. Accept it and move on. It's time to root for Bullock.

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - Stonyhands - 08-27-2017

An OC who can call plays where a QB can make reads and throw to open receivers vs forcing throws to WRs with defenders draped on them. If only. Just another matter of Bengals coaches stuck playing checkers when other teams are playing chess.

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - rfaulk34 - 08-27-2017

(08-27-2017, 07:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm still going with Elliott getting "hurt". 

Yup. That's probably the safer option than exposing him. 

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - ShowMeUrTDs - 08-27-2017

(08-27-2017, 07:42 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: So we take the average kicker who had a good preseason, which means nothing.  And another team will pick up Elliott and do well.  Just watch.  Bullock will let us down in  a game again. I just hate the thought of picking up an average guy like we always do.

Average kickers make 53 yd field goals (When is the last time Nugent made one that far?)? Elliot may be good....but he wasn't even the highest ranked kicker on the draft board when the Bengals selected him. IMO they picked the wrong guy in the draft.

With that said, they have a competition in camp, which the Bengals announced themselves, and I personally don't care between the two but if you are honest then you have to admit Bullock has been the better kicker this competition.

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - BonnieBengal - 08-27-2017

(08-27-2017, 07:45 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Bonnie, for crying out loud, why do you assume Elliott would be any better? Granted, Bullock hasn't been the best over his career but he's been way better than Elliott since the start of training camp. With that miss, Elliott undoubtedly kicked his own way off this team. It is what it is. Accept it and move on. It's time to root for Bullock.

Because Simmons drafted him and has a chance to develop him.  I want to go with that instead of a guy who already missed a game winner and has kicked for 6 different teams.

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - TKUHL - 08-27-2017

Is this a sign Carson made the team and Peerman injury is bad? Or is Carson hurt too

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - Joelist - 08-27-2017

(08-27-2017, 07:45 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: An OC who can call plays where a QB can make reads and throw to open receivers vs forcing throws to WRs with defenders draped on them.  If only.  Just another matter of Bengals coaches stuck playing checkers when other teams are playing chess.

It's the combination of questionable linemen and unimaginative playcalling. They haven't been doing anything to spread the defense out or do anything to set players up to succeed. 

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - BoBengal - 08-27-2017

EVERYONE, STOP IT! You ALL must be friends, family, classmates, or former teammates of Bullock!!! And, NO MORE STATS.

Wink

(08-27-2017, 07:46 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Average kickers make 53 yd field goals (When is the last time Nugent made one that far?)? Elliot may be good....but he wasn't even the highest ranked kicker on the draft board when the Bengals selected him. IMO they picked the wrong guy in the draft.

With that said, they have a competition in camp, which the Bengals announced themselves, and I personally don't care between the two but if you are honest then you have to admit Bullock has been the better kicker this competition.

Yeah but it means nothing.  He let us down when it counted.  He will do it again.  Let's let Simmons develop the rookie.

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - Synric - 08-27-2017

Andre Smith is looking decent at LT.

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - PhilHos - 08-27-2017

If Bullock is our kicker going into the season, I will root for him wholeheartedly. But even with that miss, I'm still leading towards Elliot. If only because it'll take more than a good preseason for me to trust in a journeyman kicker who already cost us a game on a missed kick.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

Shit throw the ball on a down other than 3rd

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - BoBengal - 08-27-2017

(08-27-2017, 07:47 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Because Simmons drafted him and has a chance to develop him.  I want to go with that instead of a guy who already missed a game winner and has kicked for 6 different teams.

We are literally losing this game right now because Elliot just missed a field goal?!?

What you are saying makes zero sense.  We all know what happened with the only kick that Bullock has EVER missed as a Bengal... total miscommunication that even the coaching staff owned on the air.

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - HarleyDog - 08-27-2017

Bullock is pretty solid!

(08-27-2017, 07:47 PM)BoBengal Wrote: EVERYONE, STOP IT!  You ALL must be friends, family, classmates, or former teammates of Bullock!!!  And, NO MORE STATS.  

Wink

You're not giving any stats.  I'm giving stats.  Real stats.  He's not a great kicker.  See link.  http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/15091/randy-bullock

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - rfaulk34 - 08-27-2017

What time is it? Malone time.

(08-27-2017, 07:49 PM)BoBengal Wrote: We are literally losing this game right now because Elliot just missed a field goal?!?

What you are saying makes zero sense.  We all know what happened with the only kick that Bullock has EVER missed as a Bengal... total miscommunication that even the coaching staff owned on the air.

We're losing the game because Washington scored a touchdown.  

RE: (Preseason Week 3) ***Bengals @ Redskins - GameDay Thread*** - ShowMeUrTDs - 08-27-2017

(08-27-2017, 07:48 PM)Synric Wrote: Andre Smith is looking decent at LT.

Against 3rd stringers.....not bad for a 4th overall pick with boobs!