Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Dalton Vs Stafford - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Dalton Vs Stafford (/Thread-Dalton-Vs-Stafford)

Pages: 1 2

Dalton Vs Stafford - Bengalfan4life27c - 08-29-2017

Stafford 109 games started. record 51 - 58 comp% 61.5 187 td 108 int y/a 7.1
Dalton 93 games started record 56 -35 -2 comp% 62.7 142 td 81 int y/a 7.3

Dalton compares favorably even slightly better. neither have won a playoff game both had dominant #1 wr megatron AJ.

Strong argument when Dalton next contract he will be asking more than what Stafford is getting.

RE: Dalton Vs Stafford - Pat5775 - 08-29-2017

(08-29-2017, 10:24 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Stafford 109 games started. record 51 - 58 comp% 61.5 187 td 108 int y/a 7.1
Dalton 93 games started record  56 -35 -2 comp% 62.7 142 td 81 int y/a 7.3

Dalton compares favorably even slightly better. neither have won a playoff game both had dominant #1 wr megatron AJ.

Strong argument when Dalton next contract he will be asking more than what Stafford is getting.

Oh no doubt he will. In fact, he'll probably be asking for more than the next few Qb's to sign an extension over that time. The only thing I wonder is will the organization pony up the money for a QB like Dalton. They didn't hesitate to make Carson the highest paid QB around his birthday in 2005. They had no problem giving Dalton a front loaded, team friendly contract a few years ago. But the next contract will easily demand A LOT more. 

Basically, if the majority of the coaching staff is still here (mostly on offense), then I see them giving Dalton pretty much what ever he'll demand (deserve). If we have a new coaching staff (God willing), I could see the new staff letting Dalton walk if they want to bring in their own QB. Will be interesting to see how this plays out... Hey, we could (for the first time, realistically) have a new staff at this time next year. 

RE: Dalton Vs Stafford - ochocincos - 08-29-2017

Good for the Bengals but bad for Dalton is by the time Dalton would become a FA, he'll be 34 years old.
Not every QB will play until they are 38+, so Dalton might be toward the tail end of his career and might not warrant a 5-year deal when his next deal is negotiated.

RE: Dalton Vs Stafford - Marlon23 - 08-29-2017

(08-29-2017, 01:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Good for the Bengals but bad for Dalton is by the time Dalton would become a FA, he'll be 34 years old.
Not every QB will play until they are 38+, so Dalton might be toward the tail end of his career and might not warrant a 5-year deal when his next deal is negotiated.

I think Andy has done pretty well when it comes to money.   :andy:  

RE: Dalton Vs Stafford - corpjet - 08-29-2017

oh boy, this is going to cost Mike Brown a bunch of money, yes Dalton will deserve one more big pay day.........

Panic Panic Panic

RE: Dalton Vs Stafford - Nately120 - 08-29-2017

(08-29-2017, 02:32 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I think Andy has done pretty well when it comes to money.   :andy:  

And we rewarded him by getting all chintzy on the o-line.  

RE: Dalton Vs Stafford - Marlon23 - 08-29-2017

(08-29-2017, 05:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: And we rewarded him by getting all chintzy on the o-line.  

I am going out on a limb here and say I think the O Line will be better than expected.  I like what I have seen so far.  Fingers crossed.  The drive against the Redskins, was textbook if we can do that at least 3 times each game we are going to be pretty good shape.  

RE: Dalton Vs Stafford - SHRacerX - 08-29-2017

(08-29-2017, 10:24 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Stafford 109 games started. record 51 - 58 comp% 61.5 187 td 108 int y/a 7.1

True, but Dalton has red hair...and a lot of his own fan base is too stupid to know what they have in him.

RE: Dalton Vs Stafford - Joelist - 08-29-2017

We got a terrific bargain in Andy's contract. In terms of QB money he is a steal at 16 million per year, which never goes higher.

RE: Dalton Vs Stafford - Atomic Orange - 08-29-2017

Just another reason to move on to another sport. (Staffords contract)

Thinking about starting a nursing home Croquet league.

RE: Dalton Vs Stafford - Synric - 08-29-2017

Damn...I thought Celebrity Deathmatch was back..

RE: Dalton Vs Stafford - wolfkaosaun - 08-29-2017

Remember when people were up in arms about Dalton's contract and said how bad it was?

Also, fun fact. Only 17.1% of Dalton's contract is guaranteed. Only 1 starting quarterback has a lower guarantee money than Dalton. And that's Tom Savage at 11.9%

Only one QB is below 40% besides Dalton, and that's Big Ben (35.5%). Everyone else is higher.

Just a fun fact.

RE: Dalton Vs Stafford - HarleyDog - 08-29-2017

(08-29-2017, 01:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Good for the Bengals but bad for Dalton is by the time Dalton would become a FA, he'll be 34 years old.

Specifically due to how many times he's been sacked.

RE: Dalton Vs Stafford - Shake n Blake - 08-29-2017

Yeah Dalton has been better by pretty much every measure. Stats, wins, accolades, you name it.

Hard to imagine him not getting a similar deal when his time comes.

RE: Dalton Vs Stafford - Johnny Cupcakes - 08-29-2017

(08-29-2017, 05:28 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: I am going out on a limb here and say I think the O Line will be better than expected.  I like what I have seen so far.  Fingers crossed.  The drive against the Redskins, was textbook if we can do that at least 3 times each game we are going to be pretty good shape.  

When the o-line is expected to be one of the bottom few units in the league, it's not hard to do better than expected.  Hopefully you're right, because bad o-lines are usually a killer for a good team.  

RE: Dalton Vs Stafford - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-29-2017

Good stats man, Stafford is definately more talented than Dalton but i would argue Dalton is much smarter with the
ball as these stats seem to tell. Dalton is no slouch and i believe is for sure a top 10 QB in this league especially after
last year with all him and the Offense had to go through (OL and injuries).

I like Stafford too, fun to watch, had some bad shoulder injuries though, might of hampered him quite a bit.

Still like Dalton better and expecting big year from him.

RE: Dalton Vs Stafford - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-29-2017

(08-29-2017, 07:46 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: When the o-line is expected to be one of the bottom few units in the league, it's not hard to do better than expected.  Hopefully you're right, because bad o-lines are usually a killer for a good team.  

For sure Johnny. Good to see you on the boards again man. Rock On

The OL has definately been better than i expected, especially Hopkins. Love this guy at RG.

Also i must add that Hewitt had a killer block on the Linebacker in our opening drive against the Skins.

Love seeing Thor healthy again. Cool

(08-29-2017, 06:26 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Just a fun fact.

Here's another:  Pig Ben is fat.

(08-29-2017, 07:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah Dalton has been better by pretty much every measure. Stats, wins, accolades, you name it.

Hard to imagine him not getting a similar deal when his time comes.

And he has done it in a tougher division...Much tougher.

(08-29-2017, 09:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good stats man, Stafford is definately more talented than Dalton but i would argue Dalton is much smarter with the
ball as these stats seem to tell. Dalton is no slouch and i believe is for sure a top 10 QB in this league especially after
last year with all him and the Offense had to go through (OL and injuries).

I like Stafford too, fun to watch, had some bad shoulder injuries though, might of hampered him quite a bit.

Still like Dalton better and expecting big year from him.

I don't know if I would call Stafford more talented, either.  He may have a stronger arm, but he sure can't run like Dalton and remember that catch Dalton made for a TD?  That was pretty f'n athletic.  I don't think he gets the credit he deserves because he is kind of a B+ at everything....Like Cam might throw the prettiest ball, but has no idea where it is going.  Dalton is good at everything.  

I have said it once, I have said it a hundred times:  When Dalton is kept clean, he picks ANY team apart.  Tom Brady is ALWAYS kept clean.  Dalton is kept clean some of the time, and is pretty damn good.