Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Thinking the line will keep inproving - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Thinking the line will keep inproving (/Thread-Thinking-the-line-will-keep-inproving)

Pages: 1 2 3

Thinking the line will keep inproving - Bengalfan4life27c - 09-22-2017

Watching thursday night game. Based on the new cba and the fact starters rarely play together in pre season. Collinsworth said it would take 2 to 3 games for lines to develop cohesion. Even Belichek said the lack of padded practices is affecting offensive line play all across the league. I thought the line improved slightly against texans. So I wouldn't ride the line off just yet

RE: Thinking the line will keep inproving - SunsetBengal - 09-22-2017

Well, in all fairness, it would be real tough for them to get worse.

RE: Thinking the line will keep inproving - Bengalfan4life27c - 09-22-2017

(09-22-2017, 01:10 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, in all fairness, it would be real tough for them to get worse.

Ogbuehi and Fisher were both worse last year.

RE: Thinking the line will keep inproving - Go Cards - 09-22-2017

Nowhere to go but up !

RE: Thinking the line will keep inproving - The_WiseOne - 09-22-2017

If Alexander wasn't coaching them I would say they would have a chance to be better but since he's the coach I doubt their any better!!

Just watch how high their pad level is on run blocking and they reach out with their arms and grab first !!
Now I know I'm old school but when I played football back in the 70's and 80's we were tought to block with are shoulder pads in there waist and drive through them keeping our feet moving so has it changed since then or we just have the worst offensive line coach in the NFL?

RE: Thinking the line will keep inproving - THE PISTONS - 09-22-2017

They likely won't be this bad all year...and the offense will eventually score TD's and points.

When you have the absolute line in the NFL...the only way to go us up!

RE: Thinking the line will keep inproving - SHRacerX - 09-22-2017

(09-22-2017, 01:10 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, in all fairness, it would be real tough for them to get worse.

Maybe if they really applied themselves and went to some off season camps, they could do it.   Ninja

RE: Thinking the line will keep inproving - SHRacerX - 09-22-2017

I'm sorry, it is easy to be a dick and just always slam them for their performance. Do I think they want to suck? Do i think the line's problems are entirely at the tackle position? No and no. I wish they had a coach that kicked their asses in the weight room and in practice until they got it right, and then kicked their asses some more.

They were selected (early) by the Bengals and it was the job of our OC, Offensive line coach, and HC to develop them. They appeared to have put in the time in the weight room, but did the coaches think that if they were drafted early they wouldn't have to develop them? Today's college offenses don't teach NFL-style blocking schemes. I mean, there are only so many Wisconsin linemen available, right?

I place most of the blame at the feet of our coaches. I would like to see what these guys could do with real coaches. And what Andy, AJ, etc. could do with a real OC. We had that with Hue and we were one of the most lethal offenses in the game with also-rans like Sanu and Marvin Jones opposite Green. The talent level we have needs a serious overhaul in the coaching department. And the next coach has to be an absolute hammer with an attitude. No more pantywaste sissies. Get tough or GTFO!.

RE: Thinking the line will keep inproving - sandwedge - 09-22-2017

I have heard various analyst say that O-line play is down this year league wide. It's just not us. Monday night the Giants line looked crappy and the day before GB's line looked bad and made Rodgers look like a has been. I do think they will get better, but I have no clue how much better that is. Alexander seems reluctant fix Cedric's hand placement or lack of. Or anything else that is wrong.... I can't believe they can't move Johnson to center and move Redmon or Westerman to RG. Didn't Redmon play LT at UCLA?

RE: Thinking the line will keep inproving - ochocincos - 09-22-2017

(09-22-2017, 11:53 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I have heard various analyst say that O-line play is down this year league wide. It's just not us. Monday night the Giants line looked crappy and the day before GB's line looked bad and made Rodgers look like a has been. I do think they will get better, but I have no clue how much better that is. Alexander seems reluctant fix Cedric's hand placement or lack of. Or anything else that is wrong.... I can't believe they can't move Johnson to center and move Redmon or Westerman to RG.  Didn't Redmon play LT at UCLA?

Fixing hand placement would mean Ced needs to get his hands on the defender first...

And in regards to Redmond, he was primarily at OG in college.

RE: Thinking the line will keep inproving - Interceptor - 09-22-2017

Improving or imploding?

RE: Thinking the line will keep inproving - bengalfan74 - 09-22-2017

Next season under an entire new regime, yes they will.

RE: Thinking the line will keep inproving - PhilHos - 09-22-2017

(09-22-2017, 01:07 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Watching thursday night game. Based on the new cba and the fact starters rarely play together in pre season.  Collinsworth said it would take 2 to 3 games for lines to develop cohesion. Even Belichek said the lack of padded practices is affecting offensive line play all across the league. I thought the line improved  slightly against texans.  So I wouldn't ride the line off just yet

It's 'write' the line off, though, now that I think about it, "ride" the line off might be a better use of our time.  ThumbsUp

RE: Thinking the line will keep inproving - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 09-22-2017

(09-22-2017, 01:07 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Watching thursday night game. Based on the new cba and the fact starters rarely play together in pre season.  Collinsworth said it would take 2 to 3 games for lines to develop cohesion. Even Belichek said the lack of padded practices is affecting offensive line play all across the league. I thought the line improved  slightly against texans.  So I wouldn't ride the line off just yet

I definately agree, more snaps for young players only makes them better.

Just wish we had a different O-line coach. Should of kept Whit though it seems after his so called great play last night.

Alright, done crying over spilt milk.

Hopefully Lazor helps these guys out a bunch more than Zamp did with his playcalling.

This passive blocking scheme is not helping our young O-lineman improve i have to add once again.

Lineman like to play aggressive not passive. PA is handcuffing these guys with this scheme.

RE: Thinking the line will keep inproving - Mickeypoo - 09-22-2017

Ya, I heard that also.  Gave me a glimmer of hope.  lol.

RE: Thinking the line will keep inproving - Bengal Dude - 09-22-2017

(09-22-2017, 01:07 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Watching thursday night game. Based on the new cba and the fact starters rarely play together in pre season.  Collinsworth said it would take 2 to 3 games for lines to develop cohesion. Even Belichek said the lack of padded practices is affecting offensive line play all across the league. I thought the line improved  slightly against texans.  So I wouldn't ride the line off just yet

Seattle has been looking for cohesion for a few years.

RE: Thinking the line will keep inproving - Socal Bengals fan - 09-22-2017

looks like we will be drafting in the top 10 again next year. Mike Mcglichey n Trey Adams should be available. both are top prospects

RE: Thinking the line will keep inproving - Socal Bengals fan - 09-22-2017

and yes our oline sucks n cant be worse

RE: Thinking the line will keep inproving - ochocincos - 09-22-2017

(09-22-2017, 04:33 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: looks like we will be drafting in the top 10 again next year.  Mike Mcglichey n Trey Adams should be available.  both are top prospects

Connor Williams too. Looks like a good draft class at OT (at least in the top rounds). Way better than last year, that's for sure.

RE: Thinking the line will keep inproving - grampahol - 09-22-2017

Hey! Maybe defensive lines will all get worse just as they have to play the Bengals!  Stranger things have happened. Maybe the bengals will develop some kind of paralysing ray beam to make defenses just stand in one place and not move!