Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Blowing your nose. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Klotsch (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Klotsch)
+--- Thread: Blowing your nose. (/Thread-Blowing-your-nose)

Blowing your nose. - GreenDragon - 09-26-2017

So I got into this debate with my wife this morning. Our 5 year old asked how to blow his nose - been trying to teach him for a while.
I tell him to hold one nostril closed and blow through his nose.
My WIFE says he doesn't have to hold a nostril, that he can keep them both open.

Folks, IMO there is a right way and a wrong way.

The way to go on this matter IS to hold 1 nostril closed. Am I right?

Posting a poll.
Do you hold 1 nostril at a time closed or just let it fly without holding either?

RE: Blowing your nose. - XenoMorph - 09-26-2017

(09-26-2017, 11:39 AM)GreenDragon Wrote: So I got into this debate with my wife this morning. Our 5 year old asked how to blow his nose - been trying to teach him for a while.
I tell him to hold one nostril closed and blow through his nose.
My WIFE says he doesn't have to hold a nostril, that he can keep them both open.

Folks, IMO there is a right way and a wrong way.

The way to go on this matter IS to hold 1 nostril closed. Am I right?

Posting a poll.
Do you hold 1 nostril at a time closed or just let it fly without holding either?

when trying to clear out the 1 nostril method works best for me....   

RE: Blowing your nose. - WeezyBengal - 09-26-2017

I think Ive had enough internet for the day.

RE: Blowing your nose. - Sabretooth - 09-27-2017

one side closed

RE: Blowing your nose. - CinciOmega - 09-27-2017

I prefer picking

RE: Blowing your nose. - HarleyDog - 09-27-2017

Both open. Closing one nostril increases the chance of busting a blood vessell in your nostril which could cause a nose bleed that can last for days if not cauterized. Been there done that. However, most articles will advise to close one nostril and blow GENTLY. I guess Gently is not something I see as a nasal canal cleaner. So technically, you are correct according to the internets. Dr. Dog.

RE: Blowing your nose. - BengalHawk62 - 09-27-2017

do you make a loud honking noise when blowing your nose or do you do a soft gentle breeze thru?

I try to make as much noise as possible when blowing my nose.  wake up the dead!  same thing when sneezing too.  the louder, the better.

RE: Blowing your nose. - BengalsRocker - 09-27-2017

Old Zims says...

[Image: boogblast.0.gif]

RE: Blowing your nose. - BMK - 09-28-2017

I had sinus problems as a kid. I specifically remember the doctor telling me to avoid closing one nostril and blow both together. Been doing it that way ever since.

RE: Blowing your nose. - Interceptor - 09-28-2017

I let it dry up and proceed with the pick & flick.

RE: Blowing your nose. - Awful Llama - 09-29-2017

(09-27-2017, 07:24 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Both open. Closing one nostril increases the chance of busting a blood vessell in your nostril which could cause a nose bleed that can last for days if not cauterized. Been there done that. However, most articles will advise to close one nostril and blow GENTLY. I guess Gently is not something I see as a nasal canal cleaner. So technically, you are correct according to the internets. Dr. Dog.

Cripes! Thanks for giving me yet one more thing to worry about.

(09-28-2017, 11:48 AM)Interceptor Wrote: I let it dry up and proceed with the pick & flick.

Never a bad choice.

RE: Blowing your nose. - HarleyDog - 09-29-2017

(09-29-2017, 10:27 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Cripes! Thanks for giving me yet one more thing to worry about.

Never a bad choice.

Dude. Not shitting you. When you blow a vessel in your nose, try sleeping without waking up coughing blood. It was horrible. Everyday at work, I stuck toilet paper in my nose and hocked blood into a cup all day. It's not pretty to others and nothing less than horrible for your life.

RE: Blowing your nose. - Shake n Blake - 10-03-2017

I've always had sinus problems and I mostly use the one nostril "snot rocket" method, combined with some picking and flicking if they're dried up.

RE: Blowing your nose. - grampahol - 10-05-2017

As long as you don't eat it after it cools off either method works.. And NEVER eat another person's booger. It's bad form.