Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Mike Brown Calling Out Coaching For Poor Start - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Mike Brown Calling Out Coaching For Poor Start (/Thread-Mike-Brown-Calling-Out-Coaching-For-Poor-Start)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Mike Brown Calling Out Coaching For Poor Start - GodFather - 09-28-2017

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/09/26/nfl-hot-seat-rankings-marvin-lewis-winless-cincinnati-bengals-chuck-pagano-colts/705588001/

“1. Marvin Lewis, Cincinnati Bengals: NFL Media reported Sunday morning that owner Mike Brown had previously "informed the coaching staff that the talent is not the problem" with his winless team. Then, despite their best performance of the season at Green Bay, the Bengals subsequently fell to 0-3, virtually guaranteeing consecutive seasons outside of the playoffs for lame duck Lewis, who's never won a postseason game in 14 years on the job. Last week: 1”

Anyone else hear that Mike Brown is actually saying this? C’mon Mikey pull the trigger and make a statement on your 50th anniversary that the fans don’t have to endure a full season of Lewis at head coach!

RE: Mike Brown Calling Out Coaching For Poor Start - BengalsBong - 09-28-2017

If we lose to the Browns Sunday you might get your wish.

RE: Mike Brown Calling Out Coaching For Poor Start - Housh - 09-28-2017

I smell another Firing if we lose again

If your damn owner is letting these thoughts go public you only have to have a couple games left

RE: Mike Brown Calling Out Coaching For Poor Start - Nicomo Cosca - 09-28-2017

Let's pray for a loss.

RE: Mike Brown Calling Out Coaching For Poor Start - HarleyDog - 09-28-2017

(09-28-2017, 05:21 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: If we lose to the Browns Sunday you might get your wish.

I could never, under any circumstances root for the Browns over the Bengals. However, if a loss was to happen and Lewis was fired? Well, it would be the most satisfying loss in my fan history.

RE: Mike Brown Calling Out Coaching For Poor Start - RunKijanaRun - 09-28-2017

If a loss to his namesake will truly inspire him to finally move on from Marvin, then let's have it - an extra benefit is that it gets us that much closer to Sam Darnold.

RE: Mike Brown Calling Out Coaching For Poor Start - leonardfan40 - 09-28-2017

I don't think the talent has been the problem for the last 4+ years now. If Mikey is finally realizing that it is encouraging though, may even mean we get an outside hire too

RE: Mike Brown Calling Out Coaching For Poor Start - SHRacerX - 09-28-2017

(09-28-2017, 03:05 AM)GodFather Wrote: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/09/26/nfl-hot-seat-rankings-marvin-lewis-winless-cincinnati-bengals-chuck-pagano-colts/705588001/

“1. Marvin Lewis, Cincinnati Bengals: NFL Media reported Sunday morning that owner Mike Brown had previously "informed the coaching staff that the talent is not the problem" with his winless team. Then, despite their best performance of the season at Green Bay, the Bengals subsequently fell to 0-3, virtually guaranteeing consecutive seasons outside of the playoffs for lame duck Lewis, who's never won a postseason game in 14 years on the job. Last week: 1”

Anyone else hear that Mike Brown is actually saying this?  C’mon Mikey pull the trigger and make a statement on your 50th anniversary that the fans don’t have to endure a full season of Lewis at head coach!

Marv is done without a playoff win, end of story.  Firing him midseason would not allow the Bengals to interview the best candidates and would likely accomplish very little.  I would like, however, to see more of the other pieces and less of the retreads that we know suck.  

RE: Mike Brown Calling Out Coaching For Poor Start - yellowxdiscipline - 09-28-2017

If losing to Cleveland gets Marvin fired, then im praying for a loss. Lewis has to go.

RE: Mike Brown Calling Out Coaching For Poor Start - grampahol - 09-28-2017

The players aren't the problem, coaching isn't the problem, but getting filthy rich despite being such a lousy team may be part of the problem. 
Ok, maybe the other two contribute, but the bottom line is still the top of the food chain. 
I still contend that you can't be so accidentally stupid and still make so much money without a real good plan in place like maybe being a professional loss leader for the league. 

RE: Mike Brown Calling Out Coaching For Poor Start - michaelsean - 09-28-2017

(09-28-2017, 08:13 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Marv is done without a playoff win, end of story.  Firing him midseason would not allow the Bengals to interview the best candidates and would likely accomplish very little.  I would like, however, to see more of the other pieces and less of the retreads that we know suck.  

I agree.  Whoever gets moved to the HC spot would then become the permanent HC.  

RE: Mike Brown Calling Out Coaching For Poor Start - ochocincos - 09-28-2017

Since the bye is Week 6, I think that's Marvin's leash.
If this team is winless entering the bye, you'd have to imagine he'd be fired.
If they win just one game between Cleveland and Buffalo, I'd still fire him.

RE: Mike Brown Calling Out Coaching For Poor Start - THE PISTONS - 09-28-2017

(09-28-2017, 07:10 AM)Housh Wrote: I smell another Firing if we lose again

If your damn owner is letting these thoughts go public you only have to have a couple games left

Talent is not the issue??? We have one of the worst offensive lines in football.

Marvin should have been fired after he went 0-3 in the playoffs with this core group of players...but IF we had any type of offensive line we're 2-1 right now. Even if we had our same exact line as last year. The individual talent is there on offense, with no line the guys can't display it.

RE: Mike Brown Calling Out Coaching For Poor Start - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-28-2017

Rooting for the Cleveland Browns is going to send me to the doctor for a shot of penicillin for sure but if that's what it takes to shake the bad apples from the coaching staff, I'm all for it. Here's why losing to Cleveland makes Mike Brown mad:

Mike will never forgive the Browns for firing his father Paul. Mike was his dad's faithful legal man in Cleveland and in Cincinnati and he loved his father like any good son does. What Art Modell did on January 9, 1963 will be forever etched in Mike's memory and when the "new" Browns were formed in '99, Mike fumed because all of Cleveland history stayed with the new team by agreement with the Ravens while he wanted the entire Paul Brown legacy to be centered in Cincinnati.

Mike Brown is not a hateful man in any way, shape, or form but when it comes to the Bengals-Browns rivalry, he reacts like a bull seeing a matador wave a cape. It bothers him immensely to see his dad's name on the Ring of Honor in Cleveland when he fought so hard to have the stadium in Cincinnati named for Paul.

If Cleveland wins and sends the Bengals to the basement of the AFC North for the first time in fifteen years, I predict Mike will make a YUGE move. He won't wait until the end of the season because his players aren't being coached to their maximum potential. Mike is a Harvard trained lawyer and I'm fairly confident he is already looking at potential replacements for one or several coaches. He wouldn't be talking like this if he wasn't prepared to act.

MB is blaming the coaching to take the spotlight off of him. And people buy it hook, line, and sinker.

(09-28-2017, 09:34 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Rooting for the Cleveland Browns is going to send me to the doctor for a shot of penicillin for sure but if that's what it takes to shake the bad apples from the coaching staff, I'm all for it.  Here's why losing to Cleveland makes Mike Brown mad:

Mike will never forgive the Browns for firing his father Paul.  Mike was his dad's faithful legal man in Cleveland and in Cincinnati and he loved his father like any good son does.  What Art Modell did on January 9, 1963 will be forever etched in Mike's memory and when the "new" Browns were formed in '99, Mike fumed because all of Cleveland history stayed with the new team by agreement with the Ravens while he wanted the entire Paul Brown legacy to be centered in Cincinnati.

Mike Brown is not a hateful man in any way, shape, or form but when it comes to the Bengals-Browns rivalry, he reacts like a bull seeing a matador wave a cape.  It bothers him immensely to see his dad's name on the Ring of Honor in Cleveland when he fought so hard to have the stadium in Cincinnati named for Paul.

If Cleveland wins and sends the Bengals to the basement of the AFC North for the first time in fifteen years, I predict Mike will make a YUGE move.  He won't wait until the end of the season because his players aren't being coached to their maximum potential.  Mike is a Harvard trained lawyer and I'm fairly confident he is already looking at potential replacements for one or several coaches.  He wouldn't be talking like this if he wasn't prepared to act.

A midseason firing essentially guarantees us more of the same old. They'd slide Guenther or Alexander into the HC spot...and slide the other coordinators up a slot.

Then, seeing as they didn't have a full year to evaluate this coach...they'd retain him into the future.

There is a real chance if Lewis is fired that Alexander takes over.

Mike Brown Calling Out Coaching For Poor Start - BenZoo2 - 09-28-2017

Another possibility here is that Katy has wanted rid of Marvin fir awhile and Mikey is starting to listen. Regardless of what happens in the browns game I believe this is Marvin’s last year. I think he’s losing interest and realizes he’s losing this team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(09-28-2017, 09:36 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Another possibility here is that Katy has wanted rid of Marvin fir awhile and Mikey is starting to listen.  Regardless of what happens in the browns game I believe this is Marvin’s last year.  I think he’s losing interest and realizes he’s losing this team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude...all these theories that Katie is running the show and calling the shots...we've seen no evidence of that. None. It's all wild speculation.

Marvin has had 15 years to build a winner. 15 years! Other teams fire coaches after 2-3 years in the same spot. Other teams lose playoff games and fire their coach. Marvin is 0-7.

It's OBVIOUS TO EVERYONE that he ISN'T THE ANSWER.

RE: Mike Brown Calling Out Coaching For Poor Start - Fan_in_Kettering - 09-28-2017

(09-28-2017, 09:35 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There is a real chance if Lewis is fired that Alexander takes over.

That's scarier than a horror movie. My only consolation is I can't recall any position coaches going straight to head coach before. It may have happened and if someone knows of an instance of this, please share. Mike Brown isn't happy and that pleases me immensely because he wants to win.

RE: Mike Brown Calling Out Coaching For Poor Start - WeezyBengal - 09-28-2017

The talent is the problem. No one is winning games with that offensive line. Don't take the bait, people. MIKE BROWN is the problem with this team. If his cheap ass would have resigned at least one of our best offensive lineman from last year maybe we would have a win by now.

MIKE BROWN hasnt wont a playoff game in nearly two decades. What a loser.