Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
For the Whitworth faithful - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: For the Whitworth faithful (/Thread-For-the-Whitworth-faithful)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

For the Whitworth faithful - SunsetBengal - 10-08-2017

Did anyone see that he gave up the likely game sealing strip sack fumble?

RE: For the Whitworth faithful - bfine32 - 10-08-2017

I'm looking for the "We should have drafted Zane Gonzalez" crowd.

RE: For the Whitworth faithful - SunsetBengal - 10-08-2017

Hmm, possible redemption. Goff has the in the red zone, Whitworth holding strong.

RE: For the Whitworth faithful - rfaulk34 - 10-08-2017

I did. And i'm watching Goff take them right down the field and JUST miss Kupp on the game winner...

4th and 10

RE: For the Whitworth faithful - rfaulk34 - 10-08-2017

Two shots into the end zone on the last 2 plays and just barely missed both of them. 

RE: For the Whitworth faithful - McC - 10-08-2017

And who wouldn't want him back right now?

(10-08-2017, 08:13 PM)McC Wrote: And who wouldn't want him back right now?

Point is, his one mistake cost his team the game.  

RE: For the Whitworth faithful - Whatever - 10-08-2017

(10-08-2017, 08:13 PM)McC Wrote: And who wouldn't want him back right now?

I'd take him back, but not for what the Rams are paying him.

RE: For the Whitworth faithful - jason - 10-08-2017

**** Whitworth, the Rams, Goff, Gurley, and the city of Los Angeles.

RE: For the Whitworth faithful - J24 - 10-08-2017

OMG guy had one bad play all year glad we got rid of him.

(10-08-2017, 08:25 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: OMG guy had one bad play all year glad we got rid of him.

It's not that he had "one bad play", but the significance of the result of that play.  Not to mention they are paying him like he's still in his prime.

(10-08-2017, 08:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's not that he had "one bad play", but the significance of the result of that play.  Not to mention they are paying him like he's still in his prime.

He gave up one pressure prior to this game he is still in his prime. 

(10-08-2017, 08:37 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He gave up one pressure prior to this game he is still in his prime. 

Prior to this game, he wasn't needed to be "clutch".  He's past his prime.  

I certainly do believe that the Bengals would be better off with him playing LT, than they currently are.  But, he gave up the big play when it counted.  When the video comes available, I'll share it.

(10-08-2017, 08:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Prior to this game, he wasn't needed to be "clutch".  He's past his prime.  

I certainly do believe that the Bengals would be better off with him playing LT, than they currently are.  But, he gave up the big play when it counted.  When the video comes available, I'll share it.

So is AJ outside of his prime because he fumbled the ball at the wrong time.

RE: For the Whitworth faithful - BengalsBong - 10-08-2017

(10-08-2017, 08:37 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He gave up one pressure prior to this game he is still in his prime. 

He is not in his prime he is a golden boy of the media and PFF. Like the other poster said for the money he makes there is no way I would want him back. I never was a big fan of his tho so even if he was getting paid a decent contract I am still happy he is gone. He gave up a lot of pressures that was over looked in the past.

RE: For the Whitworth faithful - reuben.ahmed - 10-08-2017

Pillsbury Doughboy at work

RE: For the Whitworth faithful - TheUberHuber - 10-08-2017

(10-08-2017, 08:18 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'd take him back, but not for what the Rams are paying him.

Is it your money????

RE: For the Whitworth faithful - TheUberHuber - 10-08-2017

(10-08-2017, 08:51 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: He is not in his prime he is a golden boy of the media and PFF. Like the other poster said for the money he makes there is no way I would want him back. I never was a big fan of his tho so even if he was getting paid a decent contract I am still happy he is gone. He gave up a lot of pressures that was over looked in the past.

Your not a big fan of a guy who can play all year and not give up a sack??? 

(10-08-2017, 08:47 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: So is AJ outside of his prime because he fumbled the ball at the wrong time.

Difference is, AJ didn't give up a game over it.

(10-08-2017, 08:56 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Your not a big fan of a guy who can play all year and not give up a sack??? 

Used to be able to play all year, and not give up a sack.

Yes, I would love for him to have retired as a Bengal.

Giving up the game?  Almost justifies the front office's decision to let him go.  Not having a viable plan to replace him?  Unforgiveable.