Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Big Ben's An Idiot! - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Rival Talk (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Rival-Talk)
+--- Thread: Big Ben's An Idiot! (/Thread-Big-Ben-s-An-Idiot)

Pages: 1 2

Big Ben's An Idiot! - BFritz21 - 10-11-2017

This guy continues to prove that he's taken two-thousand too many hits to the head and has lost his mind!

A few days ago, he says "maybe I don't have it anymore," and then today he says "I don't question myself."

Quote:"They can question me. I don't question myself," Roethlisberger said. "No offense to any of you guys, but it doesn't matter to me how you guys question me."

Actually, you LITERALLY just did question yourself a few days ago!  Did some chick you were raping in a bathroom stall hit you in the head with a baseball bat and it was the final hit that caused you to lose all memory?!

Hilarious

Either he's so stupid that he forgot what he said, or he's playing damage control because the front office and Tomlin told him to ease everyone's fears because I'm sure everyone in Steelers nation was shitting themselves!  Even if that second part is true, he must think everyone is too stupid to remember that he was just doubting himself a few days ago!

The delusional Steelers' fan base will be energized and excited like he had never made the original statement!

I actually think his teammates see through it and it actually makes them play worse because they'll be doubting him.

Gotta love the shit-show that is the Steelers organization!

RE: Big Ben's An Idiot! - StrictlyBiz - 10-11-2017

(10-11-2017, 04:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This guy continues to prove that he's taken two-thousand too many hits to the head and has lost his mind!

A few days ago, he says "maybe I don't have it anymore," and then today he says "I don't question myself."

Actually, you LITERALLY just did question yourself a few days ago!  Did some chick you were raping in a bathroom stall hit you in the head with a baseball bat and it was the final hit that caused you to lose all memory?!

Hilarious

Either he's so stupid that he forgot what he said, or he's playing damage control because the front office and Tomlin told him to ease everyone's fears because I'm sure everyone in Steelers nation was shitting themselves!  Even if that second part is true, he must think everyone is too stupid to remember that he was just doubting himself a few days ago!

The delusional Steelers' fan base will be energized and excited like he had never made the original statement!

I actually think his teammates see through it and it actually makes them play worse because they'll be doubting him.

Gotta love the shit-show that is the Steelers organization!

If you actually listen to the interview where he says he doesn't have it anymore, it's pretty obvious that he was being sarcastic. That whole thing is much ado about nothing. 

RE: Big Ben's An Idiot! - The Real Deal - 10-11-2017

Another knockout blow delivered to the Steelers faithful courtesy of fritzy. Not sure why they keep coming back for more. Gluttons for punishment I suppose.....

RE: Big Ben's An Idiot! - StrictlyBiz - 10-11-2017

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/08/ben-roethlisberger-postgame-comments-five-interceptions

He's obviously frustrated and annoyed that he has to stand there and answer questions and his answers are very quick, short, and terse. It's not like he was reflecting and thinking about his answer.

RE: Big Ben's An Idiot! - BFritz21 - 10-11-2017

(10-11-2017, 05:29 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: If you actually listen to the interview where he says he doesn't have it anymore, it's pretty obvious that he was being sarcastic. That whole thing is much ado about nothing. 
Hilarious

Did you watch and listen to the interview or are you just making the assumption that he's amazing and had to be being sarcastic?  He was frustrated and was obviously questioning himself.  Maybe he didn't mean it as bad as it came off like he's so washed-up that he can't finish the season, but he's obviously doubting his play and ability to produce and win games.
(10-11-2017, 05:36 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/08/ben-roethlisberger-postgame-comments-five-interceptions

He's obviously frustrated and annoyed that he has to stand there and answer questions and his answers are very quick, short, and terse. It's not like he was reflecting and thinking about his answer.

Which makes one believe that it's his true thoughts (or at least part of them) and not just him trying to be a smart ass of clever.

RE: Big Ben's An Idiot! - BMK - 10-12-2017

(10-11-2017, 05:36 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/10/08/ben-roethlisberger-postgame-comments-five-interceptions

Anyone that saw the interview could tell he was being sarcastic. Today, according to ESPN in an interview, one of the Steeler lineman said something to the affect that "Ben's mind games with the media are in full force" Apparently Bfritz21, among others,  swallowed it hook, line and sinker. 

I guess he could have gone the other way....instead of being sarcastic,  he could have just stated the fact that " the last season in which I threw 4 or 5 interceptions in a game like I did today, we won the Super Bowl, so what's your point?" But where's the fun in that?

The steelers and especially Rothlesberger have always been a very up and down, inconsistent team. Vegas hates them because they often lose games they should win. Knowing that, it's just a little too early for me to consider them in any kind of real disarray. I'll jump on that bandwagon in a few weeks, even though they'll lose to KC this week.

RE: Big Ben's An Idiot! - WildCat - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 01:05 AM)BMK Wrote: Anyone that saw the interview could tell he was being sarcastic. Today, according to ESPN in an interview, one of the Steeler lineman said something to the affect that "Ben's mind games with the media are in full force" Apparently Bfritz21, among others,  swallowed it hook, line and sinker. 

I guess he could have gone the other way....instead of being sarcastic,  he could have just stated the fact that " the last season in which I threw 4 or 5 interceptions in a game like I did today, we won the Super Bowl, so what's your point?" But where's the fun in that?

The steelers and especially Rothlesberger have always been a very up and down, inconsistent team. Vegas hates them because they often lose games they should win. Knowing that, it's just a little too early for me to consider them in any kind of real disarray. I'll jump on that bandwagon in a few weeks, even though they'll lose to KC this week.

i think brad is our only silly fan left. i agree with your sentiment, however i am unsure of pitt losing to KC this week. they are on the downswing, KC on the upswing. to me this game smells of delivering KC their first loss. i hope pitt loses, but i have to go with my gut. just makes sense with the way the NFL swings from week to week. could be wrong.... i expected a huge loss to buffalo. obviously wrong.

RE: Big Ben's An Idiot! - BFritz21 - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 01:05 AM)BMK Wrote: Anyone that saw the interview could tell he was being sarcastic. Today, according to ESPN in an interview, one of the Steeler lineman said something to the affect that "Ben's mind games with the media are in full force" Apparently Bfritz21, among others,  swallowed it hook, line and sinker. 

What made it obvious? Please tell me because it was a instant comment with his first thoughts, so how was it obvious to you and apparently everyone else that you insist knew?

Furthermore, why'd they even ask about it on Around The Horn and why was opinion split on whether or not he was joking?

He contemplated retiring in the offseason, so why's this so far-fetched to believe?
(10-12-2017, 01:14 AM)WildCat Wrote: i think brad is our only silly fan left. i agree with your sentiment, however i am unsure of pitt losing to KC this week. they are on the downswing, KC on the upswing. to me this game smells of delivering KC their first loss. i hope pitt loses, but i have to go with my gut. just makes sense with the way the NFL swings from week to week. could be wrong.... i expected a huge loss to buffalo. obviously wrong.

See above.

RE: Big Ben's An Idiot! - JS-Steelerfan - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 01:52 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: What made it obvious? Please tell me because it was a instant comment with his first thoughts, so how was it obvious to you and apparently everyone else that you insist knew?

Furthermore, why'd they even ask about it on Around The Horn and why was opinion split on whether or not he was joking?  

He contemplated retiring in the offseason, so why's this so far-fetched to believe?

See above.

"I think Brad is our only silly fan left." 

See above.  

RE: Big Ben's An Idiot! - BFritz21 - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 07:58 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: "I think Brad is our only silly fan left." 

See above.  

Typical "you" post (and actually like most posts from Steelers fans) with nothing of any value or actual meaning.

RE: Big Ben's An Idiot! - michaelsean - 10-12-2017

I don't see why the guy plays anymore. Not because of ability, but what's the reason? 2 Super Bowls, a trip to Canton, and more money than he can spend. Now it's about retiring while you can still walk.

RE: Big Ben's An Idiot! - BengalHawk62 - 10-12-2017

Brad, in your humble opinion, who is worse? 

anything to do with the steAler franchise (team, ownership, fans, etc)..........or........isis?

(10-12-2017, 09:48 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Brad, in your humble opinion, who is worse? 

anything to do with the steAler franchise (team, ownership, fans, etc)..........or........isis?

I don't remember Jeremy hill fumbling away a sure playoff win to ISIS.

RE: Big Ben's An Idiot! - BengalHawk62 - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 09:54 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't remember Jeremy hill fumbling away a sure playoff win to ISIS.

Shouldn't we be mad at Jeremy Hill?

(10-12-2017, 11:28 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Shouldn't we be mad at Jeremy Hill?

Oh he doesn't even exist to me anymore.  

RE: Big Ben's An Idiot! - BMK - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 01:52 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: What made it obvious? Please tell me because it was a instant comment with his first thoughts, so how was it obvious to you and apparently everyone else that you insist knew?

See above.

1. Because it's Rothlesberber. Are you new here? He's been saying stuff like that forever. He's a drama queen...he'll say stuff or get 'hurt', people let their guard down and bam, he comes back with both barrels. He's always been that way. He's also the quarterback and leader on that team. Do you really think he's going to sincerely make a public statement that would compromise the confidence in him of the rest of the team...after only the 5th game of the season?  Or do you honestly think that immediately after a terrible performance in front of reporters he chose to get all warm and fuzzy and reflective of his career? He also said right after that "if you play long enough, sometimes you're going to have games like that" which totally contradicts 'not having it any more'. 

2. Because if everyone on Around The Horn agreed with each other, there wouldn't be a show.

3. He may very well retire.  That's a decision he'll make personally and with his family after the season... not in front of a bunch of strangers from the media after the 5th game of the season while still atop the division.  

Taking all that into consideration...it was sarcastic.

RE: Big Ben's An Idiot! - JS-Steelerfan - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 08:05 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Typical "you" post (and actually like most posts from Steelers fans) with nothing of any value or actual meaning.

See above.  

RE: Big Ben's An Idiot! - Captain Obvious - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 09:22 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't see why the guy plays anymore.  Not because of ability, but what's the reason?  2 Super Bowls, a trip to Canton, and more money than he can spend.  Now it's about retiring while you can still walk.

It's an ego thing I'm guessing. I could say the same for Tom Brady, he has nothing left to prove. He's done everything and accomplished everything possible.

RE: Big Ben's An Idiot! - 6andcounting - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 09:54 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't remember Jeremy hill fumbling away a sure playoff win to ISIS.

Has anyone from ISIS ever banged Brad's sister?

RE: Big Ben's An Idiot! - Aquapod770 - 10-12-2017

Has anyone ever accused him of being smart? Mellow