Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Easy Roster Decision? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Easy Roster Decision? (/Thread-Easy-Roster-Decision)

Pages: 1 2 3

Easy Roster Decision? - NATI BENGALS - 10-12-2017

So Eifert is done. Who takes that roster spot?
I think it lines up pretty well for Brandon Wilson to get a promotion from the practice squad.

2 starting DBs just got hurt and derron smith has been banged up. Seems like a healthy body there would help.

Not to mention Boyd went down and Ross hasnt been healthy. So thats like our 2nd 3rd and 4th returner options hurt including picman. Erickson should be stepping into the slot role so our 1st returner is needed elsewhere.

If the guy we traded up for in the draft is healthy he is needed for his STs ability at least and for emergency depth at DB.

Anyone else got someone they would like to see get that spot on the 53?

RE: Easy Roster Decision? - Luvnit2 - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 12:51 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So Eifert is done. Who takes that roster spot?
I think it lines up pretty well for Brandon Wilson to get a promotion from the practice squad.

2 starting DBs just got hurt and derron smith has been banged up. Seems like a healthy body there would help.

Not to mention Boyd went down and Ross hasnt been healthy. So thats like our 2nd 3rd and 4th returner options hurt including picman. Erickson should be stepping into the slot role so our 1st returner is needed elsewhere.

If the guy we traded up for in the draft is healthy he is needed for his STs ability at least and for emergency depth at DB.

Anyone else got someone they would like to see get that spot on the 53?

I wish we knew the extent of the Dre and Jones injuries. Hopefully they are minor and back after the bye. If not, you may be correct based on your analysis.

RE: Easy Roster Decision? - PhilHos - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 12:51 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: So Eifert is done. 

Is it official, yet?

RE: Easy Roster Decision? - XenoMorph - 10-12-2017

With Eifert going to IR (officially) And Hewitt Banged up I'd look for them to try and find a TE... (depending on Hewitt)

But Wilson is a possibility. especially with secondary health issues. which possibly allows them not to use Erikson or Mixon on special teams to keep them fresh for the Offense.

RE: Easy Roster Decision? - bengalfan74 - 10-12-2017

Is there a decent option at C out there ?

Who am I kidding ? PA is going to keep riding with Bodine. Hell Jim Otto could be available and he would sit behind Bodine.

RE: Easy Roster Decision? - Shake n Blake - 10-12-2017

They have to add a TE, I'd think. Otherwise we'd be thin there.

RE: Easy Roster Decision? - NATI BENGALS - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 01:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Is it official, yet?

Hobson posted the report on Bengals home page. No official move but 99.9% chance unless we find a bag of steelers secret drugs james harrison left behind hidden in the locker room.

RE: Easy Roster Decision? - NATI BENGALS - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 02:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They have to add a TE, I'd think. Otherwise we'd be thin there.

We have 4. 

That guy from cleveland is still out there i believe. Cant think of his name right now

RE: Easy Roster Decision? - cinci4life - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 02:17 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We have 4. 

That guy from cleveland is still out there i believe. Cant think of his name right now

Gary Barnidge?

RE: Easy Roster Decision? - Shouldamapads - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 01:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Is there a decent option at C out there ?

Who am I kidding ? PA is going to keep riding with Bodine. Hell Jim Otto could be available and he would sit behind Bodine.

Nick Mangold is still eating donuts on the sofa begging for a call.

RE: Easy Roster Decision? - Luvnit2 - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 02:33 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: Nick Mangold is still eating donuts on the sofa begging for a call.

Now if you showed video of Mangold doing intense workouts, that would tell me he is begging for a call. Eating doughnuts while sitting on sofa,  not so much.

RE: Easy Roster Decision? - Shake n Blake - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 02:17 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We have 4. 

I guess. If you count Hewitt and Carter, which I'd rather not see either in a starting TE role.

I'd sign Barnidge, then call Mangold and see if he's in shape. If so, bring him in and cut Carter.

RE: Easy Roster Decision? - HarleyDog - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 03:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I guess. If you count Hewitt and Carter, which I'd rather not see either in a starting TE role.

I'd sign Barnidge, then call Mangold and see if he's in shape. If so, bring him in and cut Carter.

Loving the Mangold idea. I think that would be ideal for this line right now.

RE: Easy Roster Decision? - Synric - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 03:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I guess. If you count Hewitt and Carter, which I'd rather not see either in a starting TE role.

Mangold said last week his ankle injury is still bothering him and from the rest of the comments it kinda sounds like he's done with football.

As for TEs there's a few available Barnidge Escobar Amaro. Barnidge has had the most success out of the 3 though.

RE: Easy Roster Decision? - pally - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 12:54 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I wish we knew the extent of the Dre and Jones injuries. Hopefully they are minor and back after the bye. If not, you may be correct based on your analysis.

Jones is supposedly just spasms which should resolve with the rest they are getting this week,

Dre hurt the shoulder he had surgery on in the off season so that could be more problematic.  

If we haven't gone after an O-lineman by now I don't see that changing now.

It will be an off roster TE add or someone to bolster the injured DBs

RE: Easy Roster Decision? - Go Cards - 10-12-2017

Barnidge or Hikutini

RE: Easy Roster Decision? - THE PISTONS - 10-12-2017

Barnidge is interesting. He's basically had 2 good years of football and they started when he was around 30 years old.

RE: Easy Roster Decision? - Go Cards - 10-12-2017

Think we would be foolish not to nab Hikutini off 49ers practice squad.

Dude can ball ! He is much faster than his 40 time showed too.

he injured knee in Citrus bowl and had only just been cleared to run. Should have declined but wanted to show toughness.

Injury and 40 time cost him from being drafted, but was ranked #1 prospect not drafted.

The 49ers like him and are just waiting until he learns Shanahans offense better.

Think the timing is right and he is a right fit as well.

RE: Easy Roster Decision? - Whatever - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 03:38 PM)Synric Wrote: Mangold said last week his ankle injury is still bothering him and from the rest of the comments it kinda sounds like he's done with football.

As for TEs there's a few available Barnidge Escobar Amaro. Barnidge has had the most success out of the 3 though.

Yeah, if we add an OL, I'd probably go for Michael Oher.  He's not that good, but he's probably an upgrade over Og and Fisher, plus we're thin at OT.

RE: Easy Roster Decision? - PhilHos - 10-12-2017

(10-12-2017, 03:38 PM)Synric Wrote: Mangold said last week his ankle injury is still bothering him and from the rest of the comments it kinda sounds like he's done with football.

All he needs to do is not get pushed back into Dalton and he'd be an upgrade over Bodine.