Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Steelers-Bengals prediction thread - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Rival Talk (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Rival-Talk)
+--- Thread: Steelers-Bengals prediction thread (/Thread-Steelers-Bengals-prediction-thread)

Pages: 1 2

Steelers-Bengals prediction thread - Dill - 10-17-2017

I'm surprised no one has started a predictions thread yet.

Is there any reason to believe the Steelers will let down after beating the No 1 ranked team in the NFL in their house?
I don't see that happening against the Bengals.

I am thinking Steelers 24-17.

RE: Steelers-Bengals prediction thread - Captain Obvious - 10-17-2017

(10-17-2017, 12:40 AM)Dill Wrote: I'm surprised no one has started a predictions thread yet.

Is there any reason to believe the Steelers will let down after beating the No 1 ranked team in the NFL in their house?

I could see it happening. How can you not after they lost to the Bears? The Steelers haven't been consistent enough this year for me to be confident in them. If the Steelers from the Jaguars show up, I could definitely see the Bengals leaving with a win. I hope the Steelers of Sunday's first half shows up. If they do, they should have no problems winning.

RE: Steelers-Bengals prediction thread - rezolve11 - 10-17-2017

With how good both of our defenses are I think this game really is a toss up.
Bengals typically hold Brown in check for the most part.
Bell could have a big game.
We'll probably take out Roethlisberger again.
Green will probably get one deep shot.
Andy will throw 2 picks.
Roethlisberger will throw 2 picks.

Bengals > Steelers 13-12

RE: Steelers-Bengals prediction thread - BmorePat87 - 10-17-2017

27-13 Steelers

RE: Steelers-Bengals prediction thread - The Real Deal - 10-17-2017

Steelers-24
Bengals-10

False hope is dashed and oddly enough I feel a weight lifted off of my shoulders because of it.

RE: Steelers-Bengals prediction thread - rfaulk34 - 10-17-2017

(10-17-2017, 12:40 AM)Dill Wrote: I'm surprised no one has started a predictions thread yet.

Pretty much this, though i don't expect it to be that close.

RE: Steelers-Bengals prediction thread - Dill - 10-17-2017

(10-17-2017, 02:03 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I could see it happening. How can you not after they lost to the Bears? The Steelers haven't been consistent enough this year for me to be confident in them. If the Steelers from the Jaguars show up, I could definitely see the Bengals leaving with a win. I hope the Steelers of Sunday's first half shows up. If they do, they should have no problems winning.

Well, your caution is well founded. That inconsistency is really what distinguishes the Steelers from the Patriots. The Pats always do what they are supposed to do.  Until this year, at least, they generally won the games they were supposed to win, every guy doing his job. Their stars move on, and it doesn't matter. They slot in new unknowns like Welker or Edelman and just continue on, as they become stars.

Steelers have been more, well, "dramatic." Losing to losers and upsetting conference leaders. I just think in this case the Bengals aren't bad enough to over look, and not good enough to beat the Steelers. 

They are close enough, though, that the Steelers MIGHT NOT overcome mistakes--like an interception and a lost fumble. The Bengals DEFINITELY WON'T though.  They will need luck.

One thing the Bengals may have going for them, though, is Steeler hatred. This game may mean more to them. Win or lose they would LOVE to take out one of the three Bs--or all three.

RE: Steelers-Bengals prediction thread - Dill - 10-17-2017

(10-17-2017, 04:07 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Pretty much this, though i don't expect it to be that close.

For some reason I do.  Even if the Steelers win, I think the Bengals will still be in it. The Steelers will squander chances to put the game away.  

RE: Steelers-Bengals prediction thread - StrictlyBiz - 10-17-2017

41-10 Steelers in a rout because..........6 rings.
Before the game Brown inks a deal with Powerade and as a publicity stunt, throws a gatorade jug into the field getting him ejected, but Ben still throws for 400 and 4 TDs. Bell runs for 2 more with 160 yards rushing. Burfict cheap shots Bell again but he's ok. Burfict is ejected and suspended 5 games and fined his salary for the rest of the year. Mitchell lays nastiest but cleanest of hits on Mixon who falls on Hill injuring both. Porter helps to carry Hill off the field. There's no flag causing Brad to have an aneurysm. After the game in the locker room Tomlin refers to the Bengals as "those assholes" and it's picked up on Bell's dealers cell phone as he's facetiming the whole transaction with TMZ. Ben nails Bryant's girlfriend in the shower because the first 3 letters on the plate of her car are DTF prompting Bryant to again ask for a trade.

RE: Steelers-Bengals prediction thread - Murdock2420 - 10-17-2017

(10-17-2017, 07:41 PM)Dill Wrote: For some reason I do.  Even if the Steelers win, I think the Bengals will still be in it. The Steelers will squander chances to put the game away.  

Yeah, these teams always seem to keep it close even if the stats say it isn't, the score seldom looks too lopsided. 

That being said, with the offense in pitt struggling and ben loving to toss picks and the Bengals D actually looking somewhat useful, I'd give the steelers 16 on the high side of things.

As for the Bengals, the offense is still going to struggle. They'll move it a few times and stall out to get two early FGs, and the score being 13 - 6 or something in the 4th. At that point, pitt kills the clock kicks a FG to get it to 16 and then in garbage time with less than 1:30 the Bengals maybe...maybe get a cheapy TD. The final looks like 16 - 13 but the game will never really feel like it is that close.

RE: Steelers-Bengals prediction thread - TheUberHuber - 10-17-2017

Bengals come out strong and score a td to John Ross who also gets speared by Mitchell on the play but somehow holds on to the ball. Burfict gets ejected for the hit on Ross in a new weird last minute rule change. On the next series Atkins hits big Ben so hard he gets up and starts sexually assaulting his lineman leading to his immediate withdraw from the game. The steelers put in whoever the he'll they have as a backup and feed the ball to bell for the next 50 plays... It ends in a nail biter

Bengals 10
Steelers 9

RE: Steelers-Bengals prediction thread - Captain Obvious - 10-17-2017

(10-17-2017, 07:38 PM)Dill Wrote: Well, your caution is well founded. That inconsistency is really what distinguishes the Steelers from the Patriots. The Pats always do what they are supposed to do.  Until this year, at least, they generally won the games they were supposed to win, every guy doing his job. Their stars move on, and it doesn't matter. They slot in new unknowns like Welker or Edelman and just continue on, as they become stars.

Steelers have been more, well, "dramatic." Losing to losers and upsetting conference leaders. I just think in this case the Bengals aren't bad enough to over look, and not good enough to beat the Steelers. 

They are close enough, though, that the Steelers MIGHT NOT overcome mistakes--like an interception and a lost fumble. The Bengals DEFINITELY WON'T though.  They will need luck.

One thing the Bengals may have going for them, though, is Steeler hatred. This game may mean more to them. Win or lose they would LOVE to take out one of the three Bs--or all three.

I agree, the Pats always put inferior team away. I would love to blame it all on Tomlin, but even Cowher did it. We need a coach like Belichick.

RE: Steelers-Bengals prediction thread - The Real Deal - 10-18-2017

(10-17-2017, 11:39 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: We need a coach like Belichick.

Thank you captain obvious Ninja

RE: Steelers-Bengals prediction thread - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-18-2017

(10-18-2017, 09:18 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Thank you captain obvious Ninja

LMAO, yeah, who doesn't?

Stoolers 17

Bengals 10

RE: Steelers-Bengals prediction thread - michaelsean - 10-19-2017

(10-17-2017, 08:58 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: 41-10 Steelers in a rout because..........6 rings. 
Before the game Brown inks a deal with Powerade and as a publicity stunt, throws a gatorade jug into the field getting him ejected, but Ben still throws for 400 and 4 TDs. Bell runs for 2 more with 160 yards rushing. Burfict cheap shots Bell again but he's ok. Burfict is ejected and suspended 5 games and fined his salary for the rest of the year. Mitchell lays nastiest but cleanest of hits on Mixon who falls on Hill injuring both. Porter helps to carry Hill off the field. There's no flag causing Brad to have an aneurysm. After the game in the locker room Tomlin refers to the Bengals as "those assholes" and it's picked up on Bell's dealers cell phone as he's facetiming the whole transaction with TMZ. Ben nails Bryant's girlfriend in the shower because the first 3 letters on the plate of her car are DTF prompting Bryant to again ask for a trade.

For all the Steeler fans who say this doesn't happen.  I'm looking at you JC.  Once again Brad is proven right.

RE: Steelers-Bengals prediction thread - StLucieBengal - 10-19-2017

Bengals 16
Steelers 12

Steelers-Bengals prediction thread - bjf123 - 10-19-2017

Them - 17
Us - 13

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Steelers-Bengals prediction thread - MrRager - 10-19-2017

(10-17-2017, 11:39 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: We need a coach like Belichick.

Living up to your name I see. 

But I really have no idea how this is going to go. I'm cautiously optimistic. Even though the Steelers beat KC, they didn't look great in doing it. And for some reason they just seem to have a curse on the Chiefs. I think the Bengals can pull it out, but its probably more likely I'll end up very demoralized Sad

If we lose I don't think it will be some well fought game where I can still see improvement and good play, but instead some stupid Bengal bullshit. Not 2016 WC levels, but one of those days when you just feel dumbfounded after a game and go WTF?

RE: Steelers-Bengals prediction thread - Luvnit2 - 10-20-2017

I predict Burfict hits Bell so hard (legally again) it causes Bell to shart his pants

I predict Mike Mitchell leads with the crown of his helmet again (illegal) but the refs play Stevie Wonder and turn a blind eye.

I predict ML uses a TO before the game starts, reason unknown other than he sucks at clock management.

I predict Big Ben develops a hang nail and the announcers tell us once again how tough he is to play through such pain.

Speaking of pain, I predict a ton of legal punishment dished out by both teams.

More pain, I predict the Steeler's win 24 to 13 simply because they are the better team which pains me to say it.

RE: Steelers-Bengals prediction thread - The Real Deal - 10-20-2017

(10-19-2017, 01:43 PM)michaelsean Wrote: For all the Steeler fans who say this doesn't happen.  I'm looking at you JC.  Once again Brad is proven right.

Brad is always right. They’re all just in denial.