Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Week 7 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2017 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2017-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** (/Thread-Week-7-GameDay-Thread-Bengals-Steelers)

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - jfkbengals - 10-22-2017

THE PISTONS
Yeah...they could have franchise tagged him...

And Zeitler...they offered $5.5 million according to Lapham AFTER DeCastro signed for $10 million a year.

Whitworth didn't want to leave. Staying here was a very real possibility for him.

Not according to Pat Kirwan.   Whit made the decision prior to the end of the season that he would leave if he got to free agency, i.e. no franchise tag, because he was upset that he was allowed to reach FA in the first place.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - Nately120 - 10-22-2017

(10-22-2017, 08:21 PM)drgonzo Wrote: What's the point of throwing that away?

I'd like to think he is being defiant.  He's put in a position to fail and even a shucky-darn team-friendly QB like Dalton can only take so much.  Who knows.  What's the point of throwing it?

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - HarleyDog - 10-22-2017

(10-22-2017, 08:18 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Our time is NOW!

WTF was I thinking?

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - RunKijanaRun - 10-22-2017

(10-22-2017, 08:23 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't think Dalton threw it away. I think he threw a jump ball to Green that was WAY too high.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

You have to be joking. You just have to be.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - THE PISTONS - 10-22-2017

Our offense got shut down in the 2nd half against the Packers, Bills, and Steelers.

See a trend?

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - iLLuSi0nz - 10-22-2017

Don't care what the circumstances are surrounding it but if you as the QB are throwing the ball away on 4th down, you need to have your sorry ass sitting on the bench at the next opportunity for an offensive play. I don't give a damn who's in there. That's stupid and a red flag that you give up. Done with Dalton.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - Bengalitis - 10-22-2017

i asked for AJM from the beginning of the 2nd half...

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - Nately120 - 10-22-2017

(10-22-2017, 08:23 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: Effin 34 yards passing second half!!

Does that count the 30 or so yards worth of getting sacked?

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - jfkbengals - 10-22-2017

(10-22-2017, 08:23 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Man, you just ate up that propaganda.

They offered him the same base salary. That is a huge difference. The Rams also gave him a salary bonus, so while the Bengals offered him 1yr/$9m, if the Rams cut him after one year, it is 1yr/$15m. 

That is a HUGE difference.

Stop spreading Hobspin BS like it is truth in order to defend this FO.
Not from Hobson or the team.  That was from Pat Kirwan (as you may have guessed from my last post)

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - Gamma Ray Tan - 10-22-2017

Tony Romojust summed it up Perfectly, " At some point you have to just drop back and pass, and the Bengals can't do that."

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - Fan_in_Kettering - 10-22-2017

When is the last time a Bengal running back had a hundred yards in a game against anyone but Cleveland?

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - bengalfan74 - 10-22-2017

(10-22-2017, 08:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Someone asked how good his O-line was.

LMAO ! thanks for making me smile holic

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - drgonzo - 10-22-2017

(10-22-2017, 08:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Our offense got shut down in the 2nd half against the Packers, Bills, and Steelers.

See a trend?

It's the same thing every year

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - thillan - 10-22-2017

The Bengals were just playing light today to avoid injury, so that they could all go home and watch The Walking Dead tonight.

Seriously, love the effort guys.

Oh, and Haden is on a new team, and still knows how to shut Green down. Superman, meet kryptonite.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - PhilHos - 10-22-2017

(10-22-2017, 08:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd like to think he is being defiant.  He's put in a position to fail and even a shucky-darn team-friendly QB like Dalton can only take so much.  Who knows.  What's the point of throwing it?
That was my first thought: that Dalton just gave up. Sick of the pressure, sick of no one getting open, sick of all the blame somehow ending up on him and not Lewis and he just gave up and threw it away knowing it was fourth down; he just wants to get out of there.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - ah5 - 10-22-2017

(10-22-2017, 08:24 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: WTF was I thinking?

WTF were you thinking?

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - leonardfan40 - 10-22-2017

(10-22-2017, 08:21 PM)drgonzo Wrote: What's the point of throwing that away?

He’s the only one outside of Mixon who played decent on offense today. The game was over 30 mins ago, who cares what he does on that 4th down. Throw it to AJ and have him get injured in garbage time? Why bother, maybe if Mike Brown sees he’s killing the will of another good QB he’ll pull his head out of his ass and actually... ah who am I kidding, none of it matters and nothing will change

(10-22-2017, 08:23 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: THE PISTONS
Yeah...they could have franchise tagged him...

And Zeitler...they offered $5.5 million according to Lapham AFTER DeCastro signed for $10 million a year.

Whitworth didn't want to leave. Staying here was a very real possibility for him.

Not according to Pat Kirwan.   Whit made the decision prior to the end of the season that he would leave if he got to free agency, i.e. no franchise tag, because he was upset that he was allowed to reach FA in the first place.

IF that were true...how does it make a case for the Bengals? They knew how important he was and could have extended him during the season.

Any way you slice it, when a guy that is important to a team and has only played for that team and he leaves...it's on the team.

The Bengals took it for granted that he'd stay.

RE: ***Week 7 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Steelers*** - PhilHos - 10-22-2017

(10-22-2017, 08:24 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: You have to be joking. You just have to be.
Wouldn't you like to know.

0 sacks for the Bengals vaunted Defense.