Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Attitude - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Attitude (/Thread-Attitude)

Pages: 1 2

Attitude - SHRacerX - 10-23-2017

One simple word comes to mind when I think of the current Cincinnati Bengals: Attitude. Where does it come from? I believe it comes from the head coach saying stupid things like "it is just another game" (yeah, another game like groundhog day where your team looks flaccid and uninspired).

Why is it important?

If you want to pound the run, you need an attitude. If you want to get to the opposing QB, you need an attitude. If you want to make tackles in space, you need an attitude.

The Bengal's attitude is one of indifference, and defeatism. It starts at the HC.

At least we know that Marvin is gone after this year. Not sure I want Paulie G as HC. I don't know if Darren Simmons would be considered or not. I might be willing to open the purse strings to pay a Jon Gruden to be HC and have Hue come back (if the Browns lose their patience that they swore they would have this time) as OC and keep the defensive staff in place.

I'm not sure, except for the fact that Marvin has sealed his fate by not being willing to change his M.O.

Six games in to the season and it is all but over. Just watch Ross and Mixon light it up now that they are all but eliminated from contention.

A couple vents from this game:

Mixon had more yards than Bell at the half. Why did we go back to Hill and completely waste a SECOND series? You don't get many and you just gave away two of them with this turd.

I counted three passes to TEs. Three. That was where the defense was set up to be taken advantage of...and we hit the TE three times.

Why was MJ back at RDE? As usual, did nothing there.

Where the hell was Geno? Completely invisible.

How did Bell run right by guys and never get tackled? Were their arms pinned to their sides? It was weird. It was almost as though they couldn't see him. Worst tackling performance I have seen in a long time. Props.

RE: Attitude - Nicomo Cosca - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 08:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: One simple word comes to mind when I think of the current Cincinnati Bengals:  Attitude.  Where does it come from?  I believe it comes from the head coach saying stupid things like "it is just another game" (yeah, another game like groundhog day where your team looks flaccid and uninspired).  

Why is it important?

If you want to pound the run, you need an attitude.  If you want to get to the opposing QB, you need an attitude.  If you want to make tackles in space, you need an attitude.  

The Bengal's attitude is one of indifference, and defeatism.  It starts at the HC.  

At least we know that Marvin is gone after this year.  Not sure I want Paulie G as HC.  I don't know if Darren Simmons would be considered or not.  I might be willing to open the purse strings to pay a Jon Gruden to be HC and have Hue come back (if the Browns lose their patience that they swore they would have this time) as OC and keep the defensive staff in place.  

I'm not sure, except for the fact that Marvin has sealed his fate by not being willing to change his M.O.

Six games in to the season and it is all but over.  Just watch Ross and Mixon light it up now that they are all but eliminated from contention.  

Mixon had more yards than Bell at the half.  Why did we go back to Hill and completely waste a SECOND series?  You don't get many and you just gave away two of them with this turd.

I counted three passes to TEs.  Three.  That was where the defense was set up to be taken advantage of...and we hit the TE three times.  

Why was MJ back at RDE?  As usual, did nothing there.

Where the hell was Geno?  Completely invisible.

How did Bell run right by guys and never get tackled?  Were their arms pinned to their sides?  It was weird.  It was almost as though they couldn't see him.  Worst tackling performance I have seen in a long time.  Props.

The stiff arm he put on Kirkpatrick was one of the most embarrassing plays I can remember in recent years. Completely sums up this "rivalry."

RE: Attitude - Hoofhearted - 10-23-2017

Yep. You see AD laughing & joking on the sideline during the game. After the game, you have guys telling jokes and laughing.

There's that "culture" Marv has been building. Mellow

RE: Attitude - Nately120 - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 08:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: At least we know that Marvin is gone after this year.

I remember hearing this exact same thing 7 years ago.  Just saying!

RE: Attitude - SunsetBengal - 10-23-2017

A winning attitude begins with the owners, is reflected by the coaching staff, and resonates throughout the entire organization.

RE: Attitude - corpjet - 10-23-2017

Nothing to laugh about during that game, it starts at the top and a whole house cleaning is greatly needed!

RE: Attitude - THE PISTONS - 10-23-2017

Attitude comes from the Top. When you have management actively allowing good players to leave and citing Comp picks as being the pot at the end of the rainbow...it's demotivating.

Keeping a coach who is 0-7 in the playoffs...demotivating.

Letting your best 2 offensive lineman leave and not replacing them...demotivating.

RE: Attitude - BMK - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 08:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The stiff arm he put on Kirkpatrick was one of the most embarrassing plays I can remember in recent years. Completely sums up this "rivalry."

....and of course that's the one play of the game they keep showing over and over on ESPN and NFL Ch. I saw it 3 different times while just getting ready for work this morning.

RE: Attitude - THE PISTONS - 10-23-2017

I saw Bell in person over summer and he is a little guy. That makes it more embarrassing.

Then there is the fact that we could have drafted Bell.

RE: Attitude - McC - 10-23-2017

Attitude--

A tale of two cities.

Steelers go into the game knowing they will win.

Bengals go in knowing they won't.

Really not much more complex than that.

RE: Attitude - Wyche'sWarrior - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 08:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: One simple word comes to mind when I think of the current Cincinnati Bengals:  Attitude.  Where does it come from?  I believe it comes from the head coach saying stupid things like "it is just another game" (yeah, another game like groundhog day where your team looks flaccid and uninspired).  

Why is it important?

If you want to pound the run, you need an attitude.  If you want to get to the opposing QB, you need an attitude.  If you want to make tackles in space, you need an attitude.  

The Bengal's attitude is one of indifference, and defeatism.  It starts at the HC.  

At least we know that Marvin is gone after this year.  Not sure I want Paulie G as HC.  I don't know if Darren Simmons would be considered or not.  I might be willing to open the purse strings to pay a Jon Gruden to be HC and have Hue come back (if the Browns lose their patience that they swore they would have this time) as OC and keep the defensive staff in place.  

Six games in to the season and it is all but over.  Just watch Ross and Mixon light it up now that they are all but eliminated from contention.  

Mixon had more yards than Bell at the half.  Why did we go back to Hill and completely waste a SECOND series?  You don't get many and you just gave away two of them with this turd.

I counted three passes to TEs.  Three.  That was where the defense was set up to be taken advantage of...and we hit the TE three times.  

Why was MJ back at RDE?  As usual, did nothing there.

Where the hell was Geno?  Completely invisible.

How did Bell run right by guys and never get tackled?  Were their arms pinned to their sides?  It was weird.  It was almost as though they couldn't see him.  Worst tackling performance I have seen in a long time.  Props.

I was absolutely furious to see 90 back at DE.  Why?  I will say I thought he played a decent game up until I quit watching, against the run.

As for the rest of the post, couldn't agree more.

(10-23-2017, 12:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I saw Bell in person over summer and he is a little guy. That makes it more embarrassing.

He'd just be another 3.0 per carrry kinda guy here anyway.

RE: Attitude - Big Boss - 10-23-2017

I look forward to the one-week period after Marvin's dismissal that we get to speculate over what exciting new coach will be brought in to turn this team around.

Then Guenther gets promoted.

(10-23-2017, 12:48 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I look forward to the one-week period after Marvin's dismissal that we get to speculate over what exciting new coach will be brought in to turn this team around.

RE: Attitude - J24 - 10-23-2017

Attitude? Maybe on defense we had some blown coverages, missed tackles, and bizzar penalties that were not like this Defense at all. I am honestly at a lost on their first half performance. Offensively there it is nothing but terrible Offensive line play holding them back not sure attitude would solve the lack of talent there.

RE: Attitude - PhilHos - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 12:48 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I look forward to the one-week period after Marvin's dismissal that we get to speculate over what exciting new coach will be brought in to turn this team around.

AND every other coach remains in their spot except whomever will be promoted to DC. Whatever

RE: Attitude - Bengal Dude - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 03:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: AND every other coach remains in their spot except whomever will be promoted to DC. Whatever

Coyle moves to DC, Livingston gets promoted to DB coach, and we bring in a fresh face for assistant DB coach. The sheer pain.

RE: Attitude - Yojimbo - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 12:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I saw Bell in person over summer and he is a little guy. That makes it more embarrassing.

Bell is 6”1” 225lbs probably sub 10% body fat, that is not a little guy. How far away from him were you?
If he were closer, he’d probably look bigger - Rocket
That’s how vision works. -Starlord

RE: Attitude - BrownAssClown - 10-23-2017

I like how Cris Collinsworth said that the players feared Forrest Gregg. He said that when he screwed up he would actually hide from Forest in the locker room. He said Forest Gregg's hands were powerful and as big as catchers' mitts and when he would grab you by the shoulder it felt like your whole body was crumbling inside.

RE: Attitude - McC - 10-23-2017

(10-23-2017, 12:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: He'd just be another 3.0 per carrry kinda guy here anyway.

His patience would just make him a sitting duck.  The holes he'd be waiting for would never appear.  Tacklers would, though.