Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Border wall prototypes - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Border wall prototypes (/Thread-Border-wall-prototypes)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Border wall prototypes - StLucieBengal - 10-28-2017

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/10/27/border-wall-prototypes-face-testing-future-funding-questions/

Some interesting designs. Can’t wait to get it up, probably need less establishment members of Congress to get it done.

Quote:Border Wall Prototypes Face Testing, Future Funding Questions

Michelle Moons27 Oct 2017

GUILLERMO ARIAS / Contributor / Getty Images

San Diego, CA1,471

SAN DIEGO, California — U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Acting Deputy Commissioner Ron Vitiello announced the completion of eight border wall prototypes on Thursday, calling the wall an extremely effective part of their security strategy. He could not answer, however, when they will receive the funding for final construction.

“Border security relies on a combination of border infrastructure, technology, and personnel” as well as partnerships at the federal, state, and local levels, said Vitiello at media reveal event. He emphasized that border walls have been an “extremely effective part” of the “multi-pronged security strategy to prevent the illegal migration of people and drugs, over many years.”

Border wall prototypes as seen from the Mexican-side. (Credit: Michelle Moons / Breitbart News)

Breitbart News visited the construction site. Four of the prototypes, as contracted, are concrete walls. The other four are made from material “other than concrete.”

Here are photos of five of the prototypes as seen from inside the U.S.:

(Credit: Michelle Moons / Breitbart News)

Four of the prototypes sported cylindrical tops and one had an angled top with an apparent razor-edged tip.

Here are the remaining three prototypes from various angles.

This photo shows a sixth wall prototype that features an angled top with an apparent razor-edged tip. (Credit: Michelle Moons/Breitbart News)

The other side of the same wall, featuring more details. (Credit: Michelle Moons / Breitbart News)

Two photos show a seventh wall prototype, first from the side that faces Mexico, then from the side that faces the interior of the United States. (Credit: Michelle Moons / Breitbart News)

Photos of an eighth prototype, featuring a curved surface. (Credit: Michelle Moons / Breitbart News)

Concrete in the prototypes must cure for the next 30 days. After that, testing will begin to determine their effectiveness, according to Vitiello. “Can it be climbed? Can it be dug under? Can it withstand cutting tools?” He said the process of testing and evaluation usually takes 30-60 days to complete. After that, there is an additional 30-60 day period to evaluate the material and develop a new standard.

The prototype testing will be used to determine specific wall, material, and equipment requirements for future proposals to design permanent wall improvements.

Vitiello explained to reporters that all new border wall “will have a buried cable sensor in it” to detect activity.

Vitiello went on to say that everything they do in 2018 will require an appropriation from Congress, adding that it is expensive, but that they think it works and is “valuable to do.”

Asked if they had the funding right now, when would the border wall start going up, Vitiello wasn’t sure. He stated that they have outlined the areas that need physical walls the most and where they would start building. Vitiello confirmed that he believes there is value in constructing the prototypes.

Asked if there was a guarantee that the wall will be built, Vitiello responded, “There are a lot of things that have to happen to make this work. I think the limiting factor is the appropriations [from Congress] for it, all the new wall.” He continued, “the new requirements are dependent on several things including appropriations.” He said, “We’re doing everything we can to meet the mandate for operational control at the border and the president’s direction to build wall on the southern border. We intend for that to happen.”

He called the prototypes a “milestone to get us down the road.” Asked about the president’s suggestion that there be solar panels included in the construction of the wall, Vitiello replied that none of the bidder designs chosen included solar technology.

Speaking on the issue of Congress appropriating the funds to build the wall, Vitiello said they have provided them “with as much information as we have now as it relates to estimates, locations, and priorities.”

He later said that CBP’s request for funding was created at their headquarters and eventually became part of the president’s spending package for the agency.

Asked about the difference between current barriers and the prototypes, Vitiello, who had surveyed the prototypes ahead of the press conference, said he was most impressed with the scale of the wall options.

RE: Border wall prototypes - BigPapaKain - 10-28-2017

Can't wait to start paying for a multi billion dollar placebo for the unwashed masses who support this dumb shit. **** the environment, gotta fund that useless structure that'll collapse in no time.

RE: Border wall prototypes - StLucieBengal - 10-28-2017

(10-28-2017, 02:28 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Can't wait to start paying for a multi billion dollar placebo for the unwashed masses who support this dumb shit. **** the environment, gotta fund that useless structure that'll collapse in no time.

I’m fine with no wall. All we need instead....

1. Pass the raise act.
2. Limit immigration from each country.
3. Employ more ice aganete to have a real deportation force to weed through anyone illegal.

RE: Border wall prototypes - Dill - 10-30-2017

(10-28-2017, 02:28 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Can't wait to start paying for a multi billion dollar placebo for the unwashed masses who support this dumb shit. **** the environment, gotta fund that useless structure that'll collapse in no time.

They will never keep out this giant Mexican baby.

[Image: ninio-gigante-muro.jpg]

RE: Border wall prototypes - StLucieBengal - 10-30-2017

(10-30-2017, 09:58 AM)Dill Wrote: They will never keep out this giant Mexican baby.

[Image: ninio-gigante-muro.jpg]

We should be restricting third world people from coming here illegally.

RE: Border wall prototypes - Belsnickel - 10-30-2017

(10-30-2017, 12:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We should be restricting third world people from coming here illegally.

But not first- and second-world people? Which definition are you going by for those terms?

(10-30-2017, 12:07 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: But not first- and second-world people? Which definition are you going by for those terms?

1. I said illegally.
2. I support the Raise Act
3. I would prefer to restrict immigration from every country with a few exceptions.

RE: Border wall prototypes - BigPapaKain - 10-30-2017

(10-30-2017, 12:06 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: We should be restricting third world people from coming here illegally.

We do. That's why it's called illegal.

Merp.

(10-30-2017, 12:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 1. I said illegally.

But you specified third-world people, and not just people in general. I am only seeking clarification with what you said.

(10-30-2017, 12:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 2. I support the Raise Act

Good for you?

(10-30-2017, 12:13 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: 3. I would prefer to restrict immigration from every country with a few exceptions.

That still doesn't clarify your statement, which stated that you were in favor of only restricting third-world people from coming here illegally. I was curious if your qualification was in error or whether it was intentional.

(10-30-2017, 01:10 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: But you specified third-world people, and not just people in general. I am only seeking clarification with what you said.

Good for you?

That still doesn't clarify your statement, which stated that you were in favor of only restricting third-world people from coming here illegally. I was curious if your qualification was in error or whether it was intentional.

The Post I was responding to had a photo of a Mexican baby. It was on topic. If you would like to have a discussion on first world immigration then it’s simple.

1. Immigration Point system
2. Restrict all immigrants to 3% a year per country based off of foreign born us citizens.
3. Close the border to any country we are dropping bombs inside.

(10-30-2017, 01:48 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The Post I was responding to had a photo of a Mexican baby. It was on topic. If you would like to have a discussion on first world immigration then it’s simple.

1. Immigration Point system
2. Restrict all immigrants to 3% a year per country based off of foreign born us citizens.
3. Close the border to any country we are dropping bombs inside.

Okay, since it seems you aren't comfortable actually responding to my question, I will not bother continuing this further.

(10-30-2017, 12:43 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: We do. That's why it's called illegal.

Merp.

Then you are In favor or ICE deporting all illegals then.

Glad to see you have come around to our side.

(10-30-2017, 01:52 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Okay, since it seems you aren't comfortable actually responding to my question, I will not bother continuing this further.

I have responded. I would limit immigration from everywhere.

The only places I would consider more immigrants coming from would be the UK, Australia, and Canada.

(10-30-2017, 02:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have responded. I would limit immigration from everywhere.

The only places I would consider more immigrants coming from would be the UK, Australia, and Canada.

Okey dokey.

RE: Border wall prototypes - Griever - 10-30-2017

(10-30-2017, 02:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have responded.  I would limit immigration from everywhere.

so the countries that are mostly white

(10-30-2017, 04:55 PM)Griever Wrote: so the countries that are mostly white

The countries with direct ties to England. You know.... our homeland... if we were to ever have one.

RE: Border wall prototypes - GMDino - 10-30-2017

(10-30-2017, 05:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The countries with direct ties to England.   You know.... our homeland... if we were to ever have one.

Shocked

I'm much more Italian than English.

But we're fair skinned so maybe I have a chance!

RE: Border wall prototypes - BigPapaKain - 10-30-2017

(10-30-2017, 02:23 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Then you are In favor or ICE deporting all illegals then.

Glad to see you have come around to our side.

When did they actually make a jump to conclusions game?

(10-30-2017, 02:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have responded.  I would limit immigration from everywhere.

What about Russians?

(10-30-2017, 05:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The countries with direct ties to England.   You know.... our homeland... if we were to ever have one.

The US is my homeland. My wife has an Irish passport. She thinks England is NOT her homeland.