Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Hill to IR - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Hill to IR (/Thread-Hill-to-IR)

Pages: 1 2

Hill to IR - RunKijanaRun - 11-11-2017

Possibly the end of his Bengals career.

RE: Hill to IR - Sweetness - 11-11-2017

Did he get hurt in practice or did I miss something in the game?

RE: Hill to IR - bengalsturntup5532 - 11-11-2017

Hmm doesn't surprise me , sometimes they do this just to get rid of a player they don't want to use . I think it's a good thing though, hill wasn't used right here.

RE: Hill to IR - Pat5775 - 11-11-2017

Damn...

Well I guess this should effectively put an end to Marvins bullshit rotating RB's approach. Guess it might be safe to start Mixon on my fantasy team now.

RE: Hill to IR - bfine32 - 11-11-2017

(11-11-2017, 02:47 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Did he get hurt in practice or did I miss something in the game?

I think he got hurt in the Indy game.

This now frees up Mixon and his 2.9 YPC to take over. 

RE: Hill to IR - TheLeonardLeap - 11-11-2017

(11-11-2017, 03:30 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Damn...

Well I guess this should effectively put an end to Marvins bullshit rotating RB's approach. Guess it might be safe to start Mixon on my fantasy team now.

I mean... so long as you love you some 11 carry/18 yard days.

RE: Hill to IR - SunsetBengal - 11-11-2017

(11-11-2017, 03:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I mean... so long as you love you some 11 carry/18 yard days.

Lol, true.  He ain't no Corey Dillon, that's for damn sure..

RE: Hill to IR - McC - 11-11-2017

(11-11-2017, 03:30 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Damn...

Well, maybe if you're so stacked elsewhere that you don't need a RB to produce.  And this is not a reflection on Mixon.  Jim Brown, cuz he could carry a few tacklers on his back and maybe Barry Sanders, cuz he could make so many guys miss, maybe those two could run behind this line.  Not too many others could.

RE: Hill to IR - TheLeonardLeap - 11-11-2017

(11-11-2017, 03:50 PM)McC Wrote: Well, maybe if you're so stacked elsewhere that you don't need a RB to produce.  And this is not a reflection on Mixon.  Jim Brown, cuz he could carry a few tacklers on his back and maybe Barry Sanders, cuz he could make so many guys miss, maybe those two could run behind this line.  Not too many others could.

I think Mixon hasn't actually broken a tackle in like 2-3 games. So not only has the yards per carry prior to contact been awful, but the yards after contact hasn't been very good either, even more so for a 230lb RB.

Will never understand why the Bengals keep taking 230lb RBs who can't break a tackle, and think they're scat backs.

RE: Hill to IR - bengalsturntup5532 - 11-11-2017

(11-11-2017, 04:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I think Mixon hasn't actually broken a tackle in like 2-3 games. So not only has the yards per carry prior to contact been awful, but the yards after contact hasn't been very good either, even more so for a 230lb RB.

Will never understand why the Bengals keep taking 230lb RBs who can't break a tackle, and think they're scat backs.
I like mixon , but I kind of agree with you. He's kind of slow and isn't really a power back.  Kind of makes me think dalvin cook should of been the choice

RE: Hill to IR - Goalpost - 11-11-2017

Ok. I wasn’t a big fan of the pick for Mixon. But after going down to one of the training camp practices, he is an amazing talent for a big guy. He is our best talent there. There is just no blocking for him.

RE: Hill to IR - pally - 11-11-2017

He'll be a free agent after the season and will likely be signed. And with our luck become offensive player of the year.

Brandon Wilson was the recipient of the open roster spot

Replacement kicker released and DT Josh Tupou has been brought off PS for that spot. Likely due to Sims injury. Still no offensive line help other than Winston.

RE: Hill to IR - Pat5775 - 11-11-2017

(11-11-2017, 03:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I mean... so long as you love you some 11 carry/18 yard days.

Haha fair point. But I hope this means Mixon gets a chance to get into a rhythm with 20-25 carries a game. Sure, this is probably the worst Oline in NFL history but no RB on this team has had a chance to truly establish a rhythm yet... 

Although I guess Mixon kind of did in the first half against Pittsburgh but, y'know... He didn't do enough to earn more than 3 carries on the entire second half  Whatever

RE: Hill to IR - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 11-11-2017

(11-11-2017, 03:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Lol, true.  He ain't no Corey Dillon, that's for damn sure..

To be fair this is a worse run blocking O-line than the one Dillon had.

This might be the worst run blocking O-line we have ever had.

I will wait to judge Mixon. If he starts missing holes like Hill i will judge accordingly.

About Hill, he just lost his mojo after the rookie season and never got it back.

Wish him all the best, he can punch it in.

RE: Hill to IR - bfine32 - 11-11-2017

Joe Mixon got tackled behind the LOS last week because he ran into a defender that was laying on the ground. Big Dre pancaked a dude and then went on to block downfield. Not sure I've seen a worse display of vision or elusiveness.

RE: Hill to IR - Sled21 - 11-11-2017

(11-11-2017, 04:12 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: I like mixon , but I kind of agree with you. He's kind of slow and isn't really a power back.  Kind of makes me think dalvin cook should of been the choice

Cook's ACL did not hold up, he tore it, and is out for the season.....

As for Mixon, I think he's trying to be too much like Bell, just like Hill tries to do. He should stop the hesitation, hit whatever hole there is there, and go. With this line, the holes don't stay holes long enough to be patient...

RE: Hill to IR - Truck_1_0_1_ - 11-11-2017

With him being the "starter," and the, "veteran," I was convinced as all get out, that he would have an incredible year, especially being a contract year.

Amazed at what happened though, I guess this may be the end...

He hurt his ankle fairly severely, apparently, last Saturday.

RE: Hill to IR - eoxyod - 11-11-2017

Who will Mixon learn from now?

Anyways, Hill sucks and I have no idea why anyone would have thought otherwise. That said I hope he heals up and can get a decent contract on another team. I wish him the best

Mixon is still the best back on the team but, as usual, the team is trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. The team needs to be in shotgun way more often and Mixon's numbers running from shotgun show how much better he is at it

RE: Hill to IR - sonofstat - 11-11-2017

(11-11-2017, 02:42 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Possibly the end of his Bengals career.

I know he's not the most popular but I find this a kinda sad end.

I know he's struggled a lot but people seem to forget how damn special the second half of his rookie season was...he looked the next big thing.

Big back but with the long speed to take it to the house - jeez that year we had 85td TD run from Hill and a 89 yard TD run from Gio...seems a lifetime ago.

Not hating on Mixon but since training camp people have talked about his rushing game way beyond what we're seeing on the field.

If you want to see a genuine rookie rushing marvel go back to Hill's 1st year.

I wish him luck...I would not be surprised at all if he caught onto the right team (someone like the raiders) and became a valuable contributor again

RE: Hill to IR - sonofstat - 11-11-2017

(11-11-2017, 06:31 PM)sonofstat Wrote: I know he's not the most popular but I find this a kinda sad end.

I know he's struggled a lot but people seem to forget how damn special the second half of his rookie season was...he looked the next big thing.

Big back but with the long speed to take it to the house - jeez that year we had 85td TD run from Hill and a 89 yard TD run from Gio...seems a lifetime ago.

Not hating on Mixon but since training camp people have talked about his rushing game way beyond what we're seeing on the field.

If you want to see a genuine rookie rushing marvel go back to Hill's 1st year.

I wish him luck...I would not be surprised at all if he caught onto the right team (someone like the raiders) and became a valuable contributor again

Oh and another thing I respect about Hill.

After his rookie year and the OTT celebrations I thought he was gonna turn into an attitude problem this year with Mixon being anointed before the season had even started - not a bit of it.

Like Gio was classy and performed his role when Hill came in as a 2nd rd pick and took playing time off him...Hill has been the same this year when Mixon came in as 2nd rd pick and took his playing time ....meanwhile Mixon felt a few games into a poor rookie season he could try and put pressure on the replacement OC to give him more snaps through interviews