Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Sims released - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Sims released (/Thread-Sims-released)

Pages: 1 2

Sims released - pally - 11-18-2017

Nose tackle Pat Sims was released with LB Hardy Nickerson again on the active roster to replace him. Nickerson was waived last week and resigned to the practice squad a couple of days ago. We will have to see if this is a long term move or an injury move. Sims was not expected to play this week due to injury. Because of the injury and frankly his level of play he will clear waivers and should be available to play again when healthy.

RE: Sims released - bfine32 - 11-18-2017

Always been a Phan of Phat. But he cannot stay healthy. I mean he's not Tyler Eifert brittle but he is injured a lot.

RE: Sims released - Shake n Blake - 11-18-2017

Wasn't he the longest tenured Bengal on the team? (oldest draft pick)

RE: Sims released - snowy - 11-18-2017

The Bengals could be doing things they deem necessary, but they've been doing them in a pretty shitty way. That'll come back to bite them. Well, that and not having the guts to address the issues that ARE necessary. Seems to me they're making all these moves to deflect attention from what's really wrong with the Bengals. Wishing you well, Phat Pat.

RE: Sims released - grampahol - 11-18-2017

Sims was considered the run stuffer, but of late hasn't been doing much stuffing unless it's stuffing instead of potatoes at dinner time..
Still, too little too late. They should have addressed the offensive line, but I'm convinced that the Oline is by design to keep an ordinarily competitive team from being competitive during Rottenbooger's final season where he gets to ride off into the sunset with tears in his eyes looking for another place to dump the half a ton of garbage*...

*reference to Arlo Guthrie's Alices Restaurant   

RE: Sims released - pally - 11-18-2017

WE can always pick up Rey Maualuga. He was waived by the Dolphins today after being arrested for battery this morning. He was at a bar at 8:30AM

RE: Sims released - bonesaw - 11-18-2017

Good times phat Pat. Was always a phan. Strait outta Ft Lauderdale Dillard High

RE: Sims released - corpjet - 11-18-2017

(11-18-2017, 03:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Always been a Phan of Phat. But he cannot stay healthy. I mean he's not Tyler Eifert brittle but he is injured a lot.

That was a small portion of the reason, his biggest problem was from his recreational smoking choice.............

RE: Sims released - HarleyDog - 11-18-2017

So whats next? Lets put someone else on the practice squad that isn't worth a shit. Like ML!

RE: Sims released - treee - 11-18-2017

(11-18-2017, 03:24 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Wasn't he the longest tenured Bengal on the team? (oldest draft pick)

Yep. Whitworth and Peko had him beat last year (2006), but since they're gone it was him (2008). Now it's Huber, M. Johnson, and A. Smith (2009).

RE: Sims released - Millhouse - 11-18-2017

At first I thought they did this to bring back Rey M. on the cheap, since he was just cut after his arrest LOL

RE: Sims released - Shake n Blake - 11-18-2017

(11-18-2017, 08:09 PM)treee Wrote: Yep. Whitworth and Peko had him beat last year (2006), but since they're gone it was him (2008). Now it's Huber, M. Johnson, and A. Smith (2009).

Heard Maualuga was cut today after an arrest. Maybe we can bring back another from the class of 2009. Ninja

RE: Sims released - Synric - 11-18-2017

This move shows how well Billings has played the last couple weeks.

RE: Sims released - treee - 11-18-2017

(11-18-2017, 08:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Heard Maualuga was cut today after an arrest. Maybe we can bring back another from the class of 2009. Ninja

Knowing how little Mikey & Co care about image, and how we're hurting at LB at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised. 

RE: Sims released - corpjet - 11-18-2017

lets play the rookies and young kids now......I don't like the corresponding move to add Nickerson back to the roster, we know what we have with him and he needs a lot more practice......did we not have anyone else on the PS to give a chance to??????

RE: Sims released - SunsetBengal - 11-18-2017

(11-18-2017, 09:59 PM)corpjet Wrote: lets play the rookies and young kids now......I don't like the corresponding move to add Nickerson back to the roster, we know what we have with him and he needs a lot more practice......did we not have anyone else on the PS to give a chance to??????

You do realize how this coaching staff loves it some project players, right?

They likely have Nickerson projected to take over as starter, in 2020..

RE: Sims released - Lionel Hutz - 11-19-2017

Phat Pat been in NFL for almost 10 years? Crazy.*

RE: Sims released - kevin - 11-19-2017

I thought this was another Bengal in jail story.

There have been a lot over the years and when I hear a Bengals has been released, I assume from Jail.

RE: Sims released - Yojimbo - 11-21-2017

Phat Sims is back and Josh Tootopheavy is cut.

RE: Sims released - sandwedge - 11-21-2017

(11-21-2017, 07:24 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Phat Sims is back and Josh Tootopheavy is cut.

To put it simple, that's just stupid!