Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Now? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Now? (/Thread-Now)

Pages: 1 2

Now? - Nebuchadnezzar - 12-05-2017

Will Marvin Lewis be fired now?

He better be fired when I get up in the morning.

With that said, if you haven't yet, go read the "Gameday" thread, it's fantastic except for all the cheering when what's his name got hurt.

RE: Now? - Bengal Dude - 12-05-2017

Mike Brown will not fire Marvin. He'll let the season ride out and then let Marvin just walk away. 

RE: Now? - reuben.ahmed - 12-05-2017

No, we were so close! If we just didn't have 700 yards of penalties, we might have won (might). So away we go with 10 year extension

RE: Now? - Utts - 12-05-2017

(12-05-2017, 02:46 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Mike Brown will not fire Marvin. He'll let the season ride out and then let Marvin just walk away. 

Yeah, no way Marvin gets dropped midseason.

RE: Now? - The Caped Crusader - 12-05-2017

Marvin Lewis will survive the entire season. I think this has been said several times over, and anything else would be completely out of character for MB. Just like I wouldn't be surprised to see an inside hire for HC.

RE: Now? - Pat5775 - 12-05-2017

Marvin should be fired before he leaves the stadium tonight. But he won't be. He'll simply "retire" at the end of the season. I'd like to see him held accountable and fired immediately but we all know that won't happen. The season is a wash anyway, so what difference does it make if he goes now or a month from now?

Just 4 more games Bang Head just 4 more games Bang Head just 4 more games Bang Head

RE: Now? - Hammerstripes - 12-05-2017

(12-05-2017, 03:04 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Marvin should be fired before he leaves the stadium tonight. But he won't be. He'll simply "retire" at the end of the season. I'd like to see him held accountable and fired immediately but we all know that won't happen. The season is a wash anyway, so what difference does it make if he goes now or a month from now?

Just 4 more games Bang Head just 4 more games Bang Head just 4 more games Bang Head

Firing Marvin now would just ensure that the next coach is Guenther.  They would name him interim and then make him permanent after the season.

That's a bad plan.  I don't want Marvin fired.  If he gets fired, nothing changes.  The staff stays the same and Guenter is in charge.  Is that what you want?

RE: Now? - Lionel Hutz - 12-05-2017

Lol...only lost by 3 so probably an extension for Marv, fat pauley, piano man, and the rest of the crew!

RE: Now? - JB Bengal - 12-05-2017

(12-05-2017, 03:21 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Firing Marvin now would just ensure that the next coach is Guenther.  They would name him interim and then make him permanent after the season.

That's a bad plan.  I don't want Marvin fired.  If he gets fired, nothing changes.  The staff stays the same and Guenter is in charge.  Is that what you want?

The NYG just fired Ben McAdoo.  Why?  To get a jump on the best coaching candidates for next year and not wait for the end of the season when several other teams will join the market for a coach...

Not only that, but it would allow us a few games to test the theory of Guenther as head coach.  Think of it as a free, probationary coaching interview.  I'm hoping for an entirely new coaching staff next year, but why not give the guy an extended audition?  We know we're going nowhere with Marvin Screwus at the helm.

RE: Now? - Rattler - 12-05-2017

Mikey Boy will hire the cheapest available, mark it down.

Now? - Mickeypoo - 12-05-2017

Who really cares if Marvin gets fired as long as MB is GM? It really makes no difference. No one can succeed here under MB's management.

I get it; Marvin needs to go, but what then? It will still be the same old same old.

Is Mike Brown going to let the new shiny coach build the team and coaching staff? Beef up the scouting dept? Nope.

At least I can get some happiness from watching Zimmer do great in Minnesota this year!

I should be asleep, but 10 minutes after the game I got called into work (I'm on call this week). Just got home and now I can't sleep. Gotta be up in 4.5 hours. Ugh. What a night.

Who-dey!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RE: Now? - Nebuchadnezzar - 12-05-2017

I know Marvin Lewis won't be fired tomorrow and as a matter of fact, he probably won't be fired until after the draft and then the new head coach will be hired from inside the organization.

At the end of the season, we all will be calling for Marvin Lewis to be fired.
Mike Brown will wait until after the Draft to fire Marvin Lewis.
Mike Brown will hire Guenther as the new Head Coach.
Guenther as Head Coach will win one game next year.
At the end of the season next year, we will be calling for his firing.
Mike Brown will say, "He still has three years on his contract and this was his first season".
Guenther will win five games the next season.
We will all call for him to be fired.
Mike Brown will say, "We made progress".
Guenther will win eight games in his third season.
Mike Brown will say, "He's getting better, 8-8 is great" and give him a three year extension.
Guenther will win six games the next year.
We all call for him to be fired.
Mike Brown will say, "Our best player was injured"

And so on and so forth.

Mike Brown finally dies of old age.
The city of Cincinnati celebrates him.
Katie takes over.
We all call for Guenther to be fired.
Katie says, "Dad believed in him and you all celebrated my dad...he stays".
The fans of this team simultaneously commit suicide while standing outside PBS.
The league say, FINALLY, we can move this team since there's no fans"
The Bengals move somewhere and win the next 10 Super Bowls.

RE: Now? - Utts - 12-05-2017

I heard Bengals already ordered a big and tall office chair for the HC's office, so Fat Paulie G, will be comfortable in his new digs. Count on it.

RE: Now? - bengalsturntup5532 - 12-05-2017

(12-05-2017, 03:55 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I know Marvin Lewis won't be fired tomorrow and as a matter of fact, he probably won't be fired until after the draft and then the new head coach will be hired from inside the organization.

At the end of the season, we all will be calling for Marvin Lewis to be fired.
Mike Brown will wait until after the Draft to fire Marvin Lewis.
Mike Brown will hire Guenther as the new Head Coach.
Guenther as Head Coach will win one game next year.
At the end of the season next year, we will be calling for his firing.
Mike Brown will say, "He still has three years on his contract and this was his first season".
Guenther will win five games the next season.
Mike Brown will say, "We made progress".
Guenther will win eight games in his third season.
Mike Brown will say, "He's getting better, 8-8 is great" and give him a three year extension.
Guenther will win six games the next year.
We all call for him to be fired.
Mike Brown will say, "Our best player was injured"

And so on and so forth.

Mike Brown finally dies of old age.
The city of Cincinnati celebrates him.
Katie takes over.
We all call for Guenther to be fired.
Katie says, "Dad believed in him and you all celebrated my dad...he stays".
The fans of this team simultaneously commit suicide while standing outside PBS.
The league say, FINALLY, we can move this team since there's no fans"
The Bengals move somewhere and win the next 10 Super Bowls.

Sounds right

RE: Now? - Hammerstripes - 12-05-2017

(12-05-2017, 03:41 AM)JB Bengal Wrote: The NYG just fired Ben McAdoo.  Why?  To get a jump on the best coaching candidates for next year and not wait for the end of the season when several other teams will join the market for a coach...

Not only that, but it would allow us a few games to test the theory of Guenther as head coach.  Think of it as a free, probationary coaching interview.  I'm hoping for an entirely new coaching staff next year, but why not give the guy an extended audition?  We know we're going nowhere with Marvin Screwus at the helm.

1.  The Giants aren't really getting a jump on candidates.  None of them can be hired at this point.  
2.  Look at the history of Mike Brown.  Every time there is an interim coach, they go on to be the next head coach.

The reason that you don't give Guenther an audition is because this team will be playing meaningless games during the last month of the year.  It's not an accurate gauge of how things will go the following year.

We also don't need to finish the season with a 4 game winning streak, that gets us nowhere.

RE: Now? - yellowxdiscipline - 12-05-2017

Youre on the hot seat already, and you lose a game to your rival after being up 17-3 at half. You would be fired on any other team . Not on the Bengals though.

RE: Now? - Go Cards - 12-05-2017

Do not see anything happening until seasons end.

Of course that is if at all knowing how MB operates.

RE: Now? - Nati#1 - 12-05-2017

Please for the love of God..FIRE MARVIN LEWIS...DAMN!!! THIS IS RIDICULOUS THAT THIS GUY IS STILL OUR HEAD COACH..He is not a winner he's a FN loser. Get this cancer out of here...SHIT!!

RE: Now? - Nati#1 - 12-05-2017

A new head coach cannot be in house this team needs a whole new face to lead the team..we need Jon Gruden!

RE: Now? - HarleyDog - 12-05-2017

Marvin isnt going anywhere. Not this week anyway.