Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Think Jon Gruden wants to coach here? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Think Jon Gruden wants to coach here? (/Thread-Think-Jon-Gruden-wants-to-coach-here)

Pages: 1 2 3

Think Jon Gruden wants to coach here? - Trademark - 12-05-2017

He was gushing over the team last night, also if his brother gets canned we can bring him back in some role too. That’s a dream scenario though

RE: Think Jon Gruden wants to coach here? - bengals67 - 12-05-2017

This would be a near miracle for Mike Brown to hire a high profile coach and to give him authority to do what is needed

including- new staff, practice facility, and hiring full-time scouts.

RE: Think Jon Gruden wants to coach here? - Bengalpool - 12-05-2017

Pipe dream. Would love it though

RE: Think Jon Gruden wants to coach here? - fisherscatfan - 12-05-2017

Would cry tears of joy if something like that were to happen.

RE: Think Jon Gruden wants to coach here? - thillan - 12-05-2017

(12-05-2017, 12:52 PM)Trademark Wrote: He was gushing over the team last night, also if his brother gets canned we can bring him back in some role too. That’s a dream scenario though

He was loving it until it got dirty. Based on his comments ("I hate this type of football"), I highly doubt he wants to be near these two teams now.

RE: Think Jon Gruden wants to coach here? - Au165 - 12-05-2017

No, he does that to everyone.

RE: Think Jon Gruden wants to coach here? - Lionel Hutz - 12-05-2017

Guy could basically have any job in the NFL/college football he wants and he decides on coming to Cincinnati and working under Mike Brown? Probably not happening. Most likely keeping things positive in prep for a Jay Gruden return after he gets fired next month.

RE: Think Jon Gruden wants to coach here? - ochocincos - 12-05-2017

Mike Brown would be like, "Sure Jon, you can come coach here, but you must keep Paul Alexander. And Paul Guenther. And Darrin Simmons. And Kevin Coyle. And Jonathan Hayes. And James Urban. And Chip Morton. And we have to keep Michael Johnson, Adam Jones, and Brandon LaFell through their contracts next year. But other than that, you can change things!"

RE: Think Jon Gruden wants to coach here? - SunsetBengal - 12-05-2017

(12-05-2017, 12:52 PM)Trademark Wrote: He was gushing over the team last night, also if his brother gets canned we can bring him back in some role too. That’s a dream scenario though

Hell, just to complete the dream scenario;  Zimmer would resign as HC of the Vikings, so he could be the DC, and after Hue gets axed, he could assume the role of QB coach.  Now, to just find a good OL coach..

RE: Think Jon Gruden wants to coach here? - Yojimbo - 12-05-2017

Not interested in retreads that haven’t coached in a decade. Same goes for Cowher.

RE: Think Jon Gruden wants to coach here? - WhoDeyLeisure - 12-05-2017

That clown literally worships every play on every time.

"Let me tell ya, that guy right there is just a FOOTBALL player, he's the best I've seen at the _____ position in the National FOOTBALL league".

RE: Think Jon Gruden wants to coach here? - Yojimbo - 12-05-2017

(12-05-2017, 01:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hell, just to complete the dream scenario;  Zimmer would resign as HC of the Vikings, so he could be the DC, and after Hue gets axed, he could assume the role of QB coach.  Now, to just find a good OL coach..

Munoz and Big Willie.

RE: Think Jon Gruden wants to coach here? - grampahol - 12-05-2017

Give up the high paid sweet gig of sitting in a booth playing arm chair QB? I sincerely doubt it..

RE: Think Jon Gruden wants to coach here? - Brimey - 12-05-2017

I want a young offensive minded head coach with new ideas, and a Zimmer like DC, that will hold guys accountable.

Tell me who those guys are

RE: Think Jon Gruden wants to coach here? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-05-2017

Well, he just might be my top choice. Also like Russ Grimm, Lafleur, Nagy, McDaniels (who i bet wants to move on from Brady lol)

To the naysayers of this, Jon has always liked Dalton, MB might be handing over the keys to Katie after this year, Jon has spoken of
wanting to coach again, Cincy fixes the O-line and we are not far off from being a contender etc.

Not completely out of the realm of possibility.

Lots of you guys expected us to get stomped by the Steelers and thought we would lose to the Clowns last week and the Broncos
before that. Sorry if i don't respect lots of the negative folks right now. Told people it would be a close game with Pitt, it was. Marv
just screwed the pooch once again...

RE: Think Jon Gruden wants to coach here? - XenoMorph - 12-05-2017

(12-05-2017, 01:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well, he just might be my top choice. Also like Russ Grimm, Lafleur, Nagy, McDaniels (who i bet wants to move on from Brady lol)

To the naysayers of this, Jon has always liked Dalton, MB might be handing over the keys to Katie after this year, Jon has spoken of
wanting to coach again, Cincy fixes the O-line and we are not far off from being a contender etc.

Lots of you guys expected us to get stomped by the Steelers and thought we would lose to the Clowns last week and the Broncos
before that. Sorry if i don't respect lots of the negative folks right now. Told people it would be a close game with Pitt, it was. Marv

don't know how marv screwed the pooch...

Dropped passes and penalties screwed the pooch...

RE: Think Jon Gruden wants to coach here? - SunsetBengal - 12-05-2017

(12-05-2017, 01:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: don't know how marv screwed the pooch...

Dropped passes and penalties screwed the pooch...

For the bulk of the second half, the play calling seemed rather muted.  He allowed Lazor to be dynamic and aggressive in the first half, but not so much in the second.

RE: Think Jon Gruden wants to coach here? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-05-2017

(12-05-2017, 01:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For the bulk of the second half, the play calling seemed rather muted.  He allowed Lazor to be dynamic and aggressive in the first half, but not so much in the second.

Exactly, same old shit.

RE: Think Jon Gruden wants to coach here? - Interceptor - 12-05-2017

I hate Jay. When it came down to crunch time in the Charger's game, he totally ignored the ground game even though it was running roughshod over the defense. Zimmer's defense held the line 3 straight possessions to give Jay a chance to score. And Jay didn't do shit. Except for a string of nothing but 3-and-out.

RE: Think Jon Gruden wants to coach here? - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-05-2017

(12-05-2017, 01:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well, he just might be my top choice. Also like Russ Grimm, Lafleur, Nagy, McDaniels (who i bet wants to move on from Brady lol)

I admit, I expected a shellacking last night.  Team showed a lot of guts last night.....I gotta give them that.