Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Hamilton County might ignore $2.67M stadium payment to Bengals - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Hamilton County might ignore $2.67M stadium payment to Bengals (/Thread-Hamilton-County-might-ignore-2-67M-stadium-payment-to-Bengals)

Pages: 1 2

Hamilton County might ignore $2.67M stadium payment to Bengals - Trademark - 12-09-2017

CINCINNATI -- County leaders might skip a $2.67 million payment to the Cincinnati Bengals.

Hamilton County taxpayers are expected to pick up some of the tab for this season's football game-day expenses at Paul Brown Stadium. The bill is due early next year.

The team’s 26-year stadium lease calls for county taxpayers to pay for game clean up and security at the stadium during the final nine years of the deal. The Bengals are supposed to start collecting that payment in early next year, to cover the current season.

But Hamilton County Commission President Todd Portune told WCPO he has no plans of writing that check to the NFL team.

When asked if the Bengals are aware the county intends to ignore the request for payments, Portune said: “I think they know it’s coming.”

http://www.wcpo.com/news/insider/hamilton-county-might-ignore-267m-stadium-payment-to-bengals

RE: Hamilton County might ignore $2.67M stadium payment to Bengals - bengalsturntup5532 - 12-09-2017

Lol oh god ,mikes going to be furious

RE: Hamilton County might ignore $2.67M stadium payment to Bengals - Interceptor - 12-09-2017

(12-09-2017, 04:09 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Lol oh god ,mikes going to be furious

Who gives a shit. He's getting what he deserves - karma.

RE: Hamilton County might ignore $2.67M stadium payment to Bengals - treee - 12-09-2017

The city is literally not paying for the garbage that this team puts out LOL

RE: Hamilton County might ignore $2.67M stadium payment to Bengals - wcu - 12-09-2017

The team isn’t holding up its end of the bargain. Municipalities don’t supply public money for these facilities to be nice. They do it for the purpose of economic development. If the team penny pinches and puts an inferior product on the field, fans stop coming. I know I cut out my yearly trip this year. We usually drop a few grand over the course of a long weekend when we go up. Multiply that by a few thousand fans over the course of 8 games, and you’re talking about some real significant cash that the city and county are missing out on.

Of course, the county doesn’t appear to have a legal leg to stand on. Mike will continue to bend everyone over and reap the rewards for his cheapness.

RE: Hamilton County might ignore $2.67M stadium payment to Bengals - Bilbo Saggins - 12-09-2017

(12-09-2017, 08:24 AM)wcu Wrote: Of course, the county doesn’t appear to have a legal leg to stand on. 

https://youtu.be/ssJmrnsdZ90 (ignore the hokey title)

RE: Hamilton County might ignore $2.67M stadium payment to Bengals - Interceptor - 12-09-2017

Good riddance to the Mike Brown Money Pit.

RE: Hamilton County might ignore $2.67M stadium payment to Bengals - Pat5775 - 12-09-2017

(12-09-2017, 07:02 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Who gives a shit. He's getting what he deserves - karma.

If karma truly exists, then we have no shot of ever winning anything significant as long as Mike is in charge... The last thing that guy deserves is winning a championship.

But I guess we knew that already. 

RE: Hamilton County might ignore $2.67M stadium payment to Bengals - yellowxdiscipline - 12-09-2017

**** Mike Brown. More then likely he'll use this as some way to justify putting out an inferior product week after week. We pay millions in taxes to give him a sweet deal, and he repays us with over a decade of futility. Seriously screw that guy.

RE: Hamilton County might ignore $2.67M stadium payment to Bengals - HarleyDog - 12-09-2017

Mike will get his money. You can bet on it. Friggin joke of an owner who takes advantage of everything and everyone.

RE: Hamilton County might ignore $2.67M stadium payment to Bengals - BMK - 12-09-2017

Total political grandstanding. The politicians know how unpopular their agreement is especially given the Bengals current lack of success. They'll pay, but they have to make it look like they're on "our side".

RE: Hamilton County might ignore $2.67M stadium payment to Bengals - Millhouse - 12-09-2017

But but but the city has to pay because they agreed to it. Well yeah, because dick weasel face whats his name Bob Bedinghaus was the commissioner that screwed the city and then went to work for Mike Brown soon after. He is still there this day.

Bengals will take them court over this if they dont pay, as it is their legal right. And will win. But **** them anyways.

Why do I root for such a shit organization....

RE: Hamilton County might ignore $2.67M stadium payment to Bengals - StoneTheCrow - 12-09-2017

***** pay that guy in pennies.

(12-09-2017, 12:52 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: ***** pay that guy in pennies.

Yeah! Pay him in penises.

RE: Hamilton County might ignore $2.67M stadium payment to Bengals - Nately120 - 12-09-2017

Paul Brown is too big to fail. Pony up you cheap plebians!

RE: Hamilton County might ignore $2.67M stadium payment to Bengals - pally - 12-09-2017

Grandstanding politicians

RE: Hamilton County might ignore $2.67M stadium payment to Bengals - jfkbengals - 12-09-2017

(12-09-2017, 03:05 AM)Trademark Wrote: CINCINNATI -- County leaders might skip a $2.67 million payment to the Cincinnati Bengals.

Hamilton County taxpayers are expected to pick up some of the tab for this season's football game-day expenses at Paul Brown Stadium. The bill is due early next year.

The team’s 26-year stadium lease calls for county taxpayers to pay for game clean up and security at the stadium during the final nine years of the deal. The Bengals are supposed to start collecting that payment in early next year, to cover the current season.

But Hamilton County Commission President Todd Portune told WCPO he has no plans of writing that check to the NFL team.

When asked if the Bengals are aware the county intends to ignore the request for payments, Portune said: “I think they know it’s coming.”

http://www.wcpo.com/news/insider/hamilton-county-might-ignore-267m-stadium-payment-to-bengals

"I think they know it's coming." because there was probably an agreement to defer the payments for a fee, or something along those lines, allowing everything he said publicly to be 100% true.  The locality knows damn well they are legally liable for every cent, and if it goes to litigation they will most likely be forced to cover the litigation expenses and damages.  NO politician is dumb enough to do that.  Perhaps in the end it will come out that the team has allowed the payments to be deferred into the down payment on the next stadium provided by the city?

RE: Hamilton County might ignore $2.67M stadium payment to Bengals - Utts - 12-09-2017

This is silly. The Bengals have a legit contract, and they will get their money. I’d like to see the County go to court, and make and argue that they don’t have to make the payment because the Bengals had back to back losing seasons - good luck with that. Anybody that owes the Browns money would get off without paying a cent. LOL!

RE: Hamilton County might ignore $2.67M stadium payment to Bengals - CornerBlitz - 12-09-2017

We all hate that MB is going to get paid by the county but that doesn't negate the fact that the county owes him money.

RE: Hamilton County might ignore $2.67M stadium payment to Bengals - Bengalitis - 12-09-2017

The Bengals need to move to AZ and NOT PHOENIX. I will endorse it. Sell Mike Brown! It'll make my dream come true