Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Commercial spokespeople I want to kill - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Entertainment (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Entertainment)
+--- Thread: Commercial spokespeople I want to kill (/Thread-Commercial-spokespeople-I-want-to-kill)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Commercial spokespeople I want to kill - grampahol - 12-22-2017

I must be missing out on some really crappy tv anymore. I only recognized Flo the dumbass insurance woman, the really lame 'new kfc dude' and one other.. I seldom watch anything with commercials anymore. 
I'm addicted to non-shitty tv i guess. Is there a 12 step group to help me start watching crap tv again?     

Edit: just saw the addiction network one..
I gotta tell you that I spent the better part of the past 20 years in and out of methadone clinics and I am not impressed. These kinds of commercials remind me of religious groups full of people swearing that some dumbass preacher and prayer cured them of every known incurable disease known to man.. Go to these places and they are NOT the places portrayed by television..At BEST you'll be treated like you're dealing with a corrections officer who just had to go break up a gang fight..They typically show zero interest in your problems and even less interest in getting you off of the replacement medications. You'll become a number in the profit and loss column and nothing more. I could write about these places for the next 20 years and nothing about it would leave you feeling like they're trying to help anyone because it's big business. I've done a LOT OF research and reading on the subject. 
Methadone alone, forget subutex and the other medications, cost the clinics about 3¢ per 100 milligrams and yet everyone who ever comes in the door of those places gets started with 30 milligrams..daily and they're charged a minimum of $10-20 per day. Do the math. If it's a free clinic then Uncle Sugar foots the bill, but every patient gets treated basically the same, as a number in the p&l column. The privately funded clinics (the ones where the patients pay every day) have slightly different rules, but they all operate the same way and everybody pisses in the same cup. (not literally the same cup, but you know what I mean) and you don't see happy people in scrubs walking around with stethascopes.. They all look like disgruntled prison guards.. Gee, I wonder why.. It's not as if dealing with drug addicts all day is super inspiring or anything..

RE: Commercial spokespeople I want to kill - grampahol - 12-22-2017

Hey, there is an alternative pillow commercial..
https://youtu.be/3alLlPjTX1I

Better is the juicer commercial 
https://youtu.be/gNqEZlZrcCU

RE: Commercial spokespeople I want to kill - BengalsRocker - 12-22-2017

(12-22-2017, 02:28 PM)grampahol Wrote: Hey, there is an alternative pillow commercial..
https://youtu.be/3alLlPjTX1I

Better is the juicer commercial 
https://youtu.be/gNqEZlZrcCU

Yeah those are great.  I didn't post because of the ol' ban hammer.

Posting the link is probably okay though.

The Red Copper ones are hilarious too.  Those guys do some great dubs.

RE: Commercial spokespeople I want to kill - Awful Llama - 12-23-2017

(12-21-2017, 06:40 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: not a spokeperson per se, but the most annoying commercial in the world HAS to be Kars-for kids

You just gotta lean into it.  Sing along!

One eight seven seven cars for kids,
K-A-R-S cars for kids.
One eight seven seven cars for kids,
Donate your car today!

Pure genius  Mellow

RE: Commercial spokespeople I want to kill - Passepartout - 12-27-2017

Commercial people you do not like. As really saying you want them dead is pretty cruel. Do not like you would say!

RE: Commercial spokespeople I want to kill - HarleyDog - 12-27-2017

The nationwide commercial where Peyton Manning wrote a song. Ridiculous. Also, the my pillow guy. I read reviews on it also and they are not the greatest gift to mankind either.

RE: Commercial spokespeople I want to kill - JustWinBaby - 12-28-2017

(12-27-2017, 08:36 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Also, the my pillow guy. I read reviews on it also and they are not the greatest gift to mankind either.

I bought 2 a while ago.  Haven't bothered to try them yet.

I think it's the same pillow - fell for the "Lifehacker deal of the day" without stopping to realize they do a ton of paid schilling.

RE: Commercial spokespeople I want to kill - Nebuchadnezzar - 12-29-2017

RE: Commercial spokespeople I want to kill - jfkbengals - 12-29-2017

(12-22-2017, 10:43 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: ya, we have him here in Iowa too.  I looked over at the wife when we saw that commercial and said something to the effect of him being the poster boy of being an addict.  he just looks smarmy and a degenerate.

He can't be.  He is wearing scrubs and a stethoscope, so clearly he is a successful doctor.  You can't just buy those anywhere. Ninja

RE: Commercial spokespeople I want to kill - Nebuchadnezzar - 01-04-2018

I don't want to kill or hurt Frank Thomas, I liked him as a DH and have many of his cards in my collection but those Nugenix commercials need to go.

The latest one where a man and a woman walk into a gym, see Frank Thomas and the man says "Hey, The Big Hurt!" and the woman says, "You mean the Big Hunk". I just want to punch the creator of that commercial, the advertising agent and the guy who signed off on the commercial square in the face and have people line up behind me to take their turns like in the movie Airplane when that girl started getting hysterical.

Ok, that's all.

RE: Commercial spokespeople I want to kill - Sabretooth - 01-04-2018

(12-16-2017, 08:19 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Any such conversation has to start with:

[Image: Flo_from_Progressive_Insurance.jpg]
+ silly Jamey,the  loud guy in a loan commercial,french music in a chocolate commercial :paul:

RE: Commercial spokespeople I want to kill - whodey1967 - 01-04-2018

How about this guy?

RE: Commercial spokespeople I want to kill - michaelsean - 01-10-2018

(12-27-2017, 08:36 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: The nationwide commercial where Peyton Manning wrote a song. Ridiculous. Also, the my pillow guy. I read reviews on it also and they are not the greatest gift to mankind either.

Oh if you go to anyplace like Amazon where there are reviews, My Pillow gets ripped.  It's just chunks of foam in a linen bag.  I went up and felt one once, and they are right.  No wonder they are usually displayed in a box.  I'd like to see the patent he has.  

RE: Commercial spokespeople I want to kill - Devils Advocate - 01-10-2018

Creepy Trivago guy is creepy.

RE: Commercial spokespeople I want to kill - McC - 01-10-2018

(01-10-2018, 08:17 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Creepy Trivago guy is creepy.

Yes he is.  Good call on that one.

RE: Commercial spokespeople I want to kill - Tiger Teeth - 01-12-2018

That stupid Flex Seal guy.

RE: Commercial spokespeople I want to kill - BengalsRocker - 01-12-2018

In the Columbus area.

The guy who shouts in the TV ads for American Freight furniture store.

[Image: th?id=OIP.m7IkinNBOcy1pqA_bSpgnwEsCo&pid...=341&h=192]

Listen for yourself! 

[Image: th?id=OIP.M_mR26sxQhTdZbCeGgFdQQHaFj&pid...=222&h=168]

RE: Commercial spokespeople I want to kill - Erudite Stoner - 01-12-2018

Not a spokesperson, but every single Gap and Old Navy commercial I've ever seen.

RE: Commercial spokespeople I want to kill - Awful Llama - 01-13-2018

(01-12-2018, 10:07 PM)Erudite Stoner Wrote: Not a spokesperson, but every single Gap and Old Navy commercial I've ever seen.

Yes, quite true.

Whoever the hell you were.

RE: Commercial spokespeople I want to kill - HarleyDog - 01-14-2018

(01-12-2018, 07:40 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: In the Columbus area.

The guy who shouts in the TV ads for American Freight furniture store.

[Image: th?id=OIP.m7IkinNBOcy1pqA_bSpgnwEsCo&pid...=341&h=192]

Listen for yourself! 

[Image: th?id=OIP.M_mR26sxQhTdZbCeGgFdQQHaFj&pid...=222&h=168]

Yikes? I couldn't listen to that first thing in the morning. I can't listen to it period. That's nerve rattling. The only thing that would make it worse would be Gilbert Gottfried's voice on there. Geez!