Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
John Ross “healthy scratch” right? He posted this. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: John Ross “healthy scratch” right? He posted this. (/Thread-John-Ross-%E2%80%9Chealthy-scratch%E2%80%9D-right-He-posted-this)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

John Ross “healthy scratch” right? He posted this. - Alleyviper13 - 12-15-2017

John Ross posted this on Snapchat yesterday. Oh boy.

https://streamable.com/h6tu2

Edit: it’s a Snapchat story of him running routes at practices.

RE: John Ross “healthy scratch” right? He posted this. - thillan - 12-15-2017

I'd be frustrated too. This kid is talented, and can be a great complement to Green.

RE: John Ross “healthy scratch” right? He posted this. - Pat5775 - 12-15-2017

So im guessing this shoulder surgery could have waited until the offseason?

Just 3 more games of Marv. Just 3 more games, just 3 more games, just 3 more games

RE: John Ross “healthy scratch” right? He posted this. - Wyche'sWarrior - 12-15-2017

Wow......just......wow. Pissed

RE: John Ross “healthy scratch” right? He posted this. - Gohards - 12-15-2017

I saw that. I am startong to think that JR has an attitude problem.... ML seems to not like him

RE: John Ross “healthy scratch” right? He posted this. - wcu - 12-15-2017

This will not end well.

1. Doesn’t surprise me one bit. The whole situation seemed super shady.

2. I can’t believe he posted practice film on social media. The Bengals are going to flip their shit.

RE: John Ross “healthy scratch” right? He posted this. - WeezyBengal - 12-15-2017

Yikes. He must have been DEEP into Marvins dog house. Wonder what the real story is.

To be fair though, thats only about 10 reps of what is most like a few hundred reps from practice. So who knows.

RE: John Ross “healthy scratch” right? He posted this. - corpjet - 12-15-2017

Wow he looks great (in practice)

As far as the those questioning his character, I can tell you from the one time I met him following pre season camp, he was super cordial, calm demeanor and was very well spoken. Zero attitude and was more than gracious with the Bengals fans, matter of fact he was the last player left on the field

Im guessing this was more of a Marvin problem then a John Ross one......

RE: John Ross “healthy scratch” right? He posted this. - thillan - 12-15-2017

(12-15-2017, 11:15 AM)corpjet Wrote: Wow he looks great (in practice)

As far as the those questioning his character, I can tell you from the one time I met him following pre season camp, he was super cordial, calm demeanor and was very well spoken. Zero attitude and was more than gracious with the Bengals fans, matter of fact he was the last player left on the field

Im guessing this was more of a Marvin problem then a John Ross one......

Yep. Ross is a great guy, I have no doubts about his character.

But I'm not sure what happened.. such an odd rookie story. I hope he produces big time next year.

RE: John Ross “healthy scratch” right? He posted this. - Aquapod770 - 12-15-2017

(12-15-2017, 10:47 AM)Gohards Wrote: I saw that. I am startong to think that JR has an attitude problem.... ML seems to not like him

I'd say Marvin has an attitude problem too.

RE: John Ross “healthy scratch” right? He posted this. - JWW1971 - 12-15-2017

(12-15-2017, 10:29 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: So im guessing this shoulder surgery could have waited until the offseason?

Just 3 more games of Marv. Just 3 more games, just 3 more games, just 3 more games

Yeah, you hope!!!!

RE: John Ross “healthy scratch” right? He posted this. - Shake n Blake - 12-15-2017

(12-15-2017, 10:47 AM)Gohards Wrote: I saw that. I am starting to think that JR has an attitude problem.... ML seems to not like him

Word is that Marvin didn't want him and has been extra hard on him because of it.

As for this video, it kinda puts a dent in all this "he must be terrible" talk (which is mostly coming from people who didn't like the pick in the first place).

RE: John Ross “healthy scratch” right? He posted this. - Nately120 - 12-15-2017

Stupid question, but why didn't Lazor and Mike Brown and Duke Tobin get on Marvin's arse about benching Ross for no reason?

RE: John Ross “healthy scratch” right? He posted this. - Brownshoe - 12-15-2017

(12-15-2017, 11:56 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Stupid question, but why didn't Lazor and Mike Brown and Duke Tobin get on Marvin's arse about benching Ross for no reason?

How do you know they didn't? I'm pretty sure Lazor and Tobin don't have any authority over Marvin, so they couldn't really do anything. I think it's either that Brown let's Marvin have way more control over the team than what some people think, or Marvin knows that Mike won't fire him mid season and it's Marvin's last year so he's doing whatever he wants.

RE: John Ross “healthy scratch” right? He posted this. - Nately120 - 12-15-2017

(12-15-2017, 12:03 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: How do you know they didn't? I'm pretty sure Lazor and Tobin don't have any authority over Marvin, so they couldn't really do anything. I think it's either that Brown let's Marvin have way more control over the team than what some people think, or Marvin knows that Mike won't fire him mid season and it's Marvin's last year so he's doing whatever he wants.

Ida know, it just seems to me if they could draft the guy against Marvin's will they could force his hand to play him.  Again, I'm not a big fan of Marvin Lewis, but the idea that he fought tooth and nail to keep a good WR off the field after every WR we've had since AJ Green has been so underwhelming is just hard to believe. 

It's just easier for me to assume Mike Brown picked a not-ready WR reach in the top 10 more than Marvin Lewis is spending his last year in the NFL actively trying to make the team worse.

RE: John Ross “healthy scratch” right? He posted this. - THE PISTONS - 12-15-2017

They're not wearing pads in those videos. How many guys look like stars in camp without pads...then you get them in pads and ramp up the physicality and they start to wilt.

RE: John Ross “healthy scratch” right? He posted this. - jj22 - 12-15-2017

Only good news about this is since we may be stuck with Toblin, he might not have failed with the Ross pick after all.

We might still be able to trust him.

As for Marvin. It's becoming increasingly clear he sabotaged Ross because he didn't want to pick him. An offense that should end his tine here as HC.

RE: John Ross “healthy scratch” right? He posted this. - Yojimbo - 12-15-2017

All the clips are just catching passes. Earlier in the year Marv was criticizing Ross on his blocking ability. If he was hiding a shoulder injury, that would make blocking pretty difficult, just ask Boling last year. Marv has always said the WR on this team have to be committed to run blocking if they want to play.

RE: John Ross “healthy scratch” right? He posted this. - Pat5775 - 12-15-2017

(12-15-2017, 12:03 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: How do you know they didn't? I'm pretty sure Lazor and Tobin don't have any authority over Marvin, so they couldn't really do anything. I think it's either that Brown let's Marvin have way more control over the team than what some people think, or Marvin knows that Mike won't fire him mid season and it's Marvin's last year so he's doing whatever he wants.

Bingo. Marvin has an unprecedented amount of control over this franchise, precisely why I think moving on from him will be a huge addition by subtraction (hopefully)

RE: John Ross “healthy scratch” right? He posted this. - sandwedge - 12-15-2017

(12-15-2017, 12:33 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: All the clips are just catching passes. Earlier in the year Marv was criticizing Ross on his blocking ability. If he was hiding a shoulder injury, that would make blocking pretty difficult, just ask Boling last year. Marv has always said the WR on this team have to be committed to run blocking if they want to play.

I gotta think most rookie WRs can not block worth a damn, most rookie RBs can't for that matter. Ross wasn't asked to block in college, his game right now is catching passes. He will get stronger and learn to block. No reason for Merv not to have played this guy as apparent by the practice video just a week ago.