Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
What's the truth? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Rival Talk (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Rival-Talk)
+--- Thread: What's the truth? (/Thread-What-s-the-truth)

Pages: 1 2 3

What's the truth? - coltsfan4ever - 12-21-2017

Okay... this isn't really much of a smack and more of a question.

I figured that since I'm actually a member of a Bengals board that I should just ask this question that we in Colts-Land have been discussing among ourselves, but can't seem to quite understand.

Did Marvin Lewis get fired?

Or... is he resigning?

Or... is this just some kind of rumor that is just circulating because Marvin Lewis himself is denying that he's leaving the Bengals.

What exactly is the truth?

I'd appreciate an answer to this and I'll share the info with the very curious Colts fanbase and at least get to the bottom of this seeming mystery.

Thanks ahead of time!  ThumbsUp

RE: What's the truth? - treee - 12-21-2017

You never really know what is going on with this franchise. There are a few things for sure though:

They let players and coaches alike play out there contact a majority of the time. So technically Lewis will not have been fired either way.

There have been some signs that Marv. is not happy with the org (he did not want John Ross for example).

Mike does not like to shake things up. Chances are he'd let Marv. stay if he wanted.

It could really go either way as for which party is ending things, but it seems like a pretty sure thing at this point regardless.

RE: What's the truth? - rfaulk34 - 12-21-2017

(12-21-2017, 08:04 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Okay... this isn't really much of a smack and more of a question.

I figured that since I'm actually a member of a Bengals board that I should just ask this question that we in Colts-Land have been discussing among ourselves, but can't seem to quite understand.

Or... is he resigning?

Or... is this just some kind of rumor that is just circulating because Marvin Lewis himself is denying that he's leaving the Bengals.

I'd appreciate an answer to this and I'll share the info with the very curious Colts fanbase and at least get to the bottom of this seeming mystery.

You are such a goober.

RE: What's the truth? - Vlad - 12-22-2017

(12-21-2017, 08:34 AM)treee Wrote: You never really know what is going on with this franchise. There are a few things for sure though:

They let players and coaches alike play out there contact a majority of the time. So technically Lewis will not have been fired either way.

There have been some signs that Marv. is not happy with the org (he did not want John Ross for example).

They will never win a playoff game.

Mike does not like to shake things up. Chances are he'd let Marv. stay if he wanted.

It could really go either way as for which party is ending things, but it seems like a pretty sure thing at this point regardless.

I added the "sure thing" you forgot to mention.

RE: What's the truth? - treee - 12-22-2017

(12-22-2017, 12:49 AM)Vlad Wrote: I added the "sure thing" you forgot to mention.

You forgot the word "again"  Mellow

RE: What's the truth? - ballsofsteel - 12-22-2017

Colin Cowturd said the Bungals were going to offer the Clowns their #1 draft pick for Hugh Jackson. Can anyone confirm this?

RE: What's the truth? - StoneTheCrow - 12-22-2017

(12-22-2017, 07:11 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Colin Cowturd said the Bungals were going to offer the Clowns their #1 draft pick for Hugh Jackson. Can anyone confirm this?

Bengals don’t trade unless it involves some dude named Orien Harris.

RE: What's the truth? - StrictlyBiz - 12-22-2017

(12-22-2017, 07:11 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Colin Cowturd said the Bungals were going to offer the Clowns their #1 draft pick for Hugh Jackson. Can anyone confirm this?

If they just give it 5 minutes until after the season ends the Browns will fire him anyway and they can get him for nothing. After 2 years in Cleveland you're on thin ice anyway. 

RE: What's the truth? - XenoMorph - 12-22-2017

(12-21-2017, 08:04 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Okay... this isn't really much of a smack and more of a question.

Or... is he resigning?

Neither

He hasn't been fired

Hes not Quitting...

His contract is simply up at the end of the season. and we aren't likely to re-sign him.

RE: What's the truth? - rfaulk34 - 12-22-2017

Yes. And they're going to offer #2-#7 to Ringling Brothers for some defunct circus equipment. Maybe an elephant or two.

RE: What's the truth? - BigPapaKain - 12-23-2017

(12-22-2017, 08:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yes. And they're going to offer #2-#7 to Ringling Brothers for...an elephant or two.

Why would they want women from Pittsburgh?

RE: What's the truth? - rfaulk34 - 12-23-2017

(12-23-2017, 12:52 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Why would they want women from Pittsburgh?

Sadistic bastards, i tell ya.

RE: What's the truth? - coltsfan4ever - 12-26-2017

(12-21-2017, 08:34 AM)treee Wrote: You never really know what is going on with this franchise. There are a few things for sure though:

Thanks for the info. Sounds like Marvin Lewis doesn't want to stay. So, it looks as if he's leaving voluntarily.

(12-22-2017, 07:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Neither

He hasn't been fired

Hes not Quitting...

His contract is simply up at the end of the season. and we aren't likely to re-sign him.

Okay, I guess I understand. So, Marvin is unhappy and he's leaving voluntarily? Is that what I'm hearing here?

I guess it's bizarre to me that an owner of an NFL team would just let the contract of a HC just expire and not renew it without at least letting the HC know whether he's fired or is getting an extension. Just ignoring the HC after 15 years of service seems unusually cruel to me.

(12-21-2017, 10:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You are such a goober.

Why? Because I asked a question that 99% of the NFL fanbase is wondering about?

RE: What's the truth? - Tama - 12-26-2017

(12-23-2017, 12:52 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Why would they want women from Pittsburgh?

To substantially upgrade the gene pool in Cincituky?

RE: What's the truth? - Interceptor - 12-26-2017

(12-26-2017, 10:22 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Okay, I guess I understand. So, Marvin is unhappy and he's leaving voluntarily? Is that what I'm hearing here?

I guess it's bizarre to me that an owner of an NFL team would just let the contract of a HC just expire and not renew it without at least letting the HC know whether he's fired or is getting an extension. Just ignoring the HC after 15 years of service seems unusually cruel to me.

Marvin overstayed his welcome. After the 3rd straight lackluster playoff loss he should have been gone. But Mikey turned it around and looked at it as a positive - three straight playoff appearances. And the string of four more straight playoff losses didn't even make him wince. The owner does not care about winning and Marv's coaching in the playoffs is atrocious. Good riddance to him.

We need a front office that either cares about winning or at least build a sustainable product that would remain competitive for years.

Letting go of Zimmer was their biggest mistake. That action (along with the playoff losses) just showed how inept the entire organization is.

RE: What's the truth? - rfaulk34 - 12-26-2017

(12-26-2017, 10:23 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Why? Because I asked a question that 99% of the NFL fanbase is wondering about?

No. Because 99% of the NFL fan base knows how to use The Google and they don't ask gooberish questions. 

RE: What's the truth? - XenoMorph - 12-26-2017

(12-26-2017, 10:22 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Okay, I guess I understand. So, Marvin is unhappy and he's leaving voluntarily? Is that what I'm hearing here?

He would have to have a contract to leave voluntarily....  He no longer as a contract in Tminus 7 days....   

I'm pretty sure marvin and mike brown have talked and both know whats going on... That doesn't mean either is gonna say jack to the media.

(12-26-2017, 04:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No. Because 99% of the NFL fan base knows how to use The Google and they don't ask gooberish questions. 

Ah... yeah... I used "The Google" as you pointed out. That's why I came here. The more I read, the more confused I got. No one in Colts-Land had any idea either. Even NOW, it seems YOUR FANBASE don't even know what's really going to happen! The only thing I understand is that Marvin's contract will not be renewed - for now! But it seems that he could possibly stay with the Bengals as GM or even get renewed as Head Coach! It's all possible. At least from what I've read and been told.

Again... it's the most confusing head coach situation in the NFL.