Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Christian Westerman - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Christian Westerman (/Thread-Christian-Westerman--14080)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Christian Westerman - THE PISTONS - 12-22-2017

'Westerman was projected to go in the 2nd or 3rd Round and we got him in the 5th. He compared to Alex Mack.

With the putrid play of Hopkins and Bodine...why not give him a chance.

Bottom Line Quick-­twitch, athletic guard who comes from a football family and has been working on his strength and athleticism from a young age. Offensive line coaches will appreciate Westerman's technical savvy and zone scheme teams will covet his fluidity and blocking ability on the move. A move to center is not out of the question thanks to his body type and quickness and his draft stock may be helped by a potential ability to offer roster depth at several offensive line positions.'

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/christian-westerman?id=2555131

RE: Christian Westerman - Brownshoe - 12-22-2017

People have been wanting to see him play for a while. Don't know why he's not.

RE: Christian Westerman - BengalsBong - 12-22-2017

Hope our next coach/coaches is better at player development since we build thru the draft and rarely get polished free agents.

RE: Christian Westerman - McC - 12-22-2017

He must really suck if he couldn't at least get a look over the turds in front of him.

RE: Christian Westerman - Fullrock - 12-22-2017

Typical Merv handling of young players.

RE: Christian Westerman - TKUHL - 12-22-2017

(12-22-2017, 02:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: 'Westerman was projected to go in the 2nd or 3rd Round and we got him in the 5th. He compared to Alex Mack.

With the putrid play of Hopkins and Bodine...why not give him a chance.

Bottom Line Quick-­twitch, athletic guard who comes from a football family and has been working on his strength and athleticism from a young age. Offensive line coaches will appreciate Westerman's technical savvy and zone scheme teams will covet his fluidity and blocking ability on the move. A move to center is not out of the question thanks to his body type and quickness and his draft stock may be helped by a potential ability to offer roster depth at several offensive line positions.'

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/christian-westerman?id=2555131

How PA is still here is simply amazing.

RE: Christian Westerman - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 12-22-2017

Not a PA favorite i would assume. Wish we had a chance to see the guy play besides Preseason where he DID show promise.

Last year we start Og at RT, he was the worst RT in the NFL, this year we start Bodine again at Center, he is the worst C in the
NFL this year according to Bleacher Report and i agree with them. This O-line coach has pretty much flushed two seasons in a
row down the toilet with either his stubborness or ineptness or both.

Westerman could be a fine Guard for us if we had a decent O-line coach. I compared him to Zeitler actually with his great pass
protection but he needed to work on his run blocking. That would never happen here under Paul Alexander though.

RE: Christian Westerman - J24 - 12-22-2017

Wasn't he a LG prospect vs RG or something like that.

RE: Christian Westerman - Yojimbo - 12-22-2017

The only thing that could possibly make it ok, is if he’s being converted to C to take over next season. So, they want him concentrating on that and not playing at other positions in the meantime.

RE: Christian Westerman - jason - 12-22-2017

I heard Westerman sucks on the piano.

(12-22-2017, 05:40 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: The only thing that could possibly make it ok, is if he’s being converted to C to take over next season. So, they want him concentrating on that and not playing at other positions in the meantime.

Still doesn't make it okay IMHO.

(12-22-2017, 05:40 PM)jason Wrote: I heard Westerman sucks on the piano.

Hilarious

I want our next OLC to like death core metal or something... Mellow

RE: Christian Westerman - SYLVIA - 12-22-2017

Is Westerman dressing this week? I would also like to see him in a game.

RE: Christian Westerman - lone bengal - 12-22-2017

He probably hasn’t been active in 2 years because he stinks. Reminds me of Jake Fisher 2 years ago when Ogbuehi was god awful at right tackle. I used to think to myself “Fisher a 2nd round pick in year 2 can’t be worse then Ogbuehi or Winston , right “ ? well we found out why Fisher wasn’t playing by watching him this year because he’s an turnstile at Right tackle. Also I feel like Bengal fans , myself included overhype every draft pick in part because the Bengals don’t sign free agents so we as fans have to hope that all these later round picks will work out an be the next draft steal like Geno Atkins or Marvin Jones. We overhype guys like PJ Dawson as the next Burfit or Billings as a stud DT or Cody Core etc. Westermen was drafted in the fifth round for a reason Probably because he’s not that great. This team hasn’t drafted well the last few years especially linemen maybe Alexander is part of the problem or maybe Westermen just stinks.

RE: Christian Westerman - TheLeonardLeap - 12-22-2017

(12-22-2017, 06:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I want our next OLC to like death core metal or something... Mellow

Nothing but Scottish bagpipe music. I mean, they compete on throwing trees, man....

[Image: f5ee5b6b0e029d0e67612ab1ba8aeb95.jpg]

.... you ever seen Bach or Mozart throw a tree? I didn't think so.  Cool

(12-22-2017, 06:47 PM)lone bengal Wrote: He probably hasn’t been active in 2 years because he stinks. Reminds me of Jake Fisher 2 years ago when Ogbuehi was god awful at right tackle.  I used to think to myself “Fisher a 2nd round pick in year 2 can’t be worse then Ogbuehi or Winston , right “ ?  well we found out why Fisher wasn’t playing by watching him this year because he’s an turnstile at Right tackle.  Also I feel like Bengal fans , myself included overhype every draft pick in part because the Bengals don’t sign free agents so we as fans have to hope that all these later round picks will work out an be the next draft steal like Geno Atkins or Marvin Jones. We overhype guys like PJ Dawson as the next Burfit or Billings as a stud DT or Cody Core etc. Westermen was drafted in the fifth round for a reason Probably because he’s not that great. This team hasn’t drafted well the last few years especially linemen maybe Alexander is part of the problem or maybe Westermen just stinks.

Have to disagree with lots in this post. First off, pretty unfair to judge Fisher this year with his health scare. Fisher was a
very versatile LT at Oregon that had great feet. He was projected earlier than we got him in tons of mock drafts. In his first
year Fisher was moved all over the damn place, LT, RT, frickin FB...

Dawson was great in college, the coaches said he didn't practice well and didn't play him. Some players just need to go out
on the field and play football. The coaches might of hindered him and Haslett has been a shitty LB'er coach to say the least.

Billings is coming off an ACL tear similar to Geno's when he didn't play well the year after.

Your point about there is a reason a player gets drafted where he does is proven every year to be false.

There is a reason Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round man and Burfict went undrafted.

At some point coaches need to be able to coach players up. 

Sounds like a lot of excuses for poor coaching to me...

(12-22-2017, 07:00 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nothing but Scottish bagpipe music. I mean, they compete on throwing trees, man....

[Image: f5ee5b6b0e029d0e67612ab1ba8aeb95.jpg]

.... you ever seen Bach or Mozart throw a tree? I didn't think so.  Cool

Yeah, no more girly piano playing O-lineman, had enough of this shit. Rock On

RE: Christian Westerman - lone bengal - 12-22-2017

(12-22-2017, 07:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Have to disagree with lots in this post. First off, pretty unfair to judge Fisher this year with his health scare. Fisher was a
very versatile LT at Oregon that had great feet. He was projected earlier than we got him in tons of mock drafts. In his first
year Fisher was moved all over the damn place, LT, RT, frickin FB...

Dawson was great in college, the coaches said he didn't practice well and didn't play him. Some players just need to go out
on the field and play football. The coaches might of hindered him and Haslett has been a shitty LB'er coach to say the least.

Billings is coming off an ACL tear similar to Geno's when he didn't play well the year after.

Your point about there is a reason a player gets drafted where he does is proven every year to be false.

There is a reason Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round man and Burfict went undrafted.

At some point coaches need to be able to coach players up. 

Sounds like a lot of excuses for poor coaching to me...

Yeah, no more girly piano playing O-lineman, had enough of this shit. Rock On 
The point I was trying to make on later round picks is that statically speaking they have a far less chance of panning out the later you get into the draft  vs higher draft picks.  Usually their slotted in later rounds do to physical limitations or flaws in their game that will get exposed at the next level. Sure the experts are wrong on some players but the chances you draft Tom Brady or Geno Akitns in those rounds are very slim. Also Burfict went undrafted for characters issues so you can't really compare it to why Westerman fell.  Andrew Billings had a meniscus tear on one of the first days of camp last year not even comparable to an ACL tear, plus we already knew Geno could play pre injury the jury is still out on Billings.  I'll give Fisher somewhat of a pass but he still had 2 years in the system going into his 2nd year to win the RT job that year.   Ogbuehi  and Fisher cried about being moved around the line to as part of their struggles, Ced said playing RT " wasn't his natural position" then he sucked at LT.  Personally I think their both mentally weak. Your a pro you need to be versatile stop making excuses and make plays.  I'll give Fisher a pass for year 3 but not year 2 unless the medical issue hinder him that year as well. Maybe it's the coaches or our system that Westemen dosen't fit. I don't know just bringing up the possibility that maybe he isn't good. Either way ill agree with you that i'm done with Marvin and Piano man.

RE: Christian Westerman - corpjet - 12-23-2017

(12-22-2017, 04:34 PM)Fullrock Wrote: Typical Merv handling of young players.

Im afraid this is the case.....

RE: Christian Westerman - Steve - 12-23-2017

(12-22-2017, 06:47 PM)lone bengal Wrote: He probably hasn’t been active in 2 years because he stinks. Reminds me of Jake Fisher 2 years ago when Ogbuehi was god awful at right tackle.  I used to think to myself “Fisher a 2nd round pick in year 2 can’t be worse then Ogbuehi or Winston , right “ ?  well we found out why Fisher wasn’t playing by watching him this year because he’s an turnstile at Right tackle.  Also I feel like Bengal fans , myself included overhype every draft pick in part because the Bengals don’t sign free agents so we as fans have to hope that all these later round picks will work out an be the next draft steal like Geno Atkins or Marvin Jones. We overhype guys like PJ Dawson as the next Burfit or Billings as a stud DT or Cody Core etc. Westermen was drafted in the fifth round for a reason Probably because he’s not that great. This team hasn’t drafted well the last few years especially linemen maybe Alexander is part of the problem or maybe Westermen just stinks.
from reading what his weaknesses were it sounds like he's just too light...
only weighs 298...
against bigger guys he struggles.....he gets shoved around....can't open holes....
sounds like our other interior players....it's why our offense sucks...

it's guys like this is why I want OG Nelson this year....ranked in the top 10 for a reason....
stop starting guys who are back up material....
get a stud like Nelson in rd 1 ....& get a good center & lets run the ball more...will make everything so much easier....we shouldn't have to try to "trick" defenses to move the ball....all this east & west stuff...
fix the O-line & lets do more smash-mouth

RE: Christian Westerman - THE PISTONS - 11-20-2018

I'll recycle this thread. Redmond is playing bad. Westerman has graded out well while in.

WHY NOT PLAY HIM MORE!?!?!?!?!?!?

RE: Christian Westerman - ochocincos - 11-20-2018

(11-20-2018, 02:19 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I'll recycle this thread. Redmond is playing bad. Westerman has graded out well while in.

WHY NOT PLAY HIM MORE!?!?!?!?!?!?

You would also think/hope Westerman would get more playing time because he's the only other OG besides Boling on the roster after this season.