Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Trump Continues to Lead After Debate - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Politics & Religion 2.0 (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Politics-Religion-2-0)
+---- Forum: P & R Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-P-R-Archive)
+---- Thread: Trump Continues to Lead After Debate (/Thread-Trump-Continues-to-Lead-After-Debate)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Trump Continues to Lead After Debate - GodHatesBengals - 08-09-2015

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/new-nbc-news-survey-monkey-poll-donald-trump-still-lead-n406766

I think the biggest factor behind his appeal is his honesty. Trump has blown the lid off about how the political system in America works--extremely rich people buying favors--and people find the honesty refreshing. He is also delightful entertainment.

I said the day he announced that he would soon lead the polls, would be a serious candidate and could easily win the nomination. Despite the many "gaffes", I continue to be right.

RE: Trump Continues to Lead After Debate - BonnieBengal - 08-09-2015

(08-09-2015, 07:05 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/new-nbc-news-survey-monkey-poll-donald-trump-still-lead-n406766

I think the biggest factor behind his appeal is his honesty. Trump has blown the lid off about how the political system in America works--extremely rich people buying favors--and people find the honesty refreshing. He is also delightful entertainment.

I said the day he announced that he would soon lead the polls, would be a serious candidate and could easily win the nomination. Despite the many "gaffes", I continue to be right.

I think he gets away with the "gaffes" because he has had a tv presence for years and everyone knows his personality.  

RE: Trump Continues to Lead After Debate - StLucieBengal - 08-09-2015

(08-09-2015, 08:51 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I think he gets away with the "gaffes" because he has had a tv presence for years and everyone knows his personality.  

Exactly. Kim Kardashian would probably be leading the polls for the Dems if she ran.

RE: Trump Continues to Lead After Debate - GodHatesBengals - 08-09-2015

(08-09-2015, 08:58 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Exactly.    Kim Kardashian would probably be leading the polls for the Dems if she ran.

What do you base that on? Any data whatsoever or just sheer speculation on your part?

RE: Trump Continues to Lead After Debate - mallorian69 - 08-09-2015

(08-09-2015, 09:01 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: What do you base that on? Any data whatsoever or just sheer speculation on your part?

Well they're both women and they've both done the same to help this country, which is to say not all all.

(08-09-2015, 10:29 PM)mallorian69 Wrote: Well they're both women and they've both done the same to help this country, which is to say not all all.

So, no evidence whatsoever then. Thanks for clarifying.

RE: Trump Continues to Lead After Debate - jakefromstatefarm - 08-09-2015

Trump is an egotistical blowhard who cares about nobody but Trump.

There's a large portion of conservatives who like him because he's "anti-establishment", and that blinds those people to the fact that he's not a conservative.

I personally look forward to him withdrawing from the race.

(08-09-2015, 09:01 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: What do you base that on? Any data whatsoever or just sheer speculation on your part?

Same reason trump is leading.   Low information voters following a reality TV personality.

Don't pretend that Dems are somehow high information voters lol

RE: Trump Continues to Lead After Debate - Johnny Cupcakes - 08-09-2015

The fact that Donald Trump is leading the polls tells you everything that you need to know about the current state of the Republican Party.

(08-09-2015, 10:56 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The fact that Donald Trump is leading the polls tells you everything that you need to know about the current state of the Republican Party.

All it means is there is real opposition to eatablishment. Eventually those voters will get behind Cruz, Rand, or Walker. Trump helps Jeb.

(08-09-2015, 10:56 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The fact that Donald Trump is leading the polls tells you everything that you need to know about the current state of the Republican Party.

It's like I stated in my previous post...the only reason why he's leading is because there's a large group of the party that are "anti-establishment", so they see Trump as some maverick savior. 

They largely ignore who he is, the things he says, or what he stands for. 

Sounds eerily familiar to Obama '08, I think.  

(08-09-2015, 10:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Same reason trump is leading.   Low information voters following a reality TV personality.

Don't pretend that Dems are somehow high information voters lol

So because we have hard data proving more Republican voters currently like Trump than the other candidates, you may use magical thinking to presume without evidence that Democrats would support Kim Kardashian?

Mkay.

(08-09-2015, 11:02 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: It's like I stated in my previous post...the only reason why he's leading is because there's a large group of the party that are "anti-establishment", so they see Trump as some maverick savior. 

They largely ignore who he is, the things he says, or what he stands for. 

Sounds eerily familiar to Obama '08, I think.  

Well said. But I think he falls off eventually . It will be one of the anti eatablishment guys who end up rising up. But cirrently trump is hurting those other guys and letting the establishment move their guys up.

(08-09-2015, 11:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well said.   But I think he falls off eventually .  It will be one of the anti eatablishment guys who end up rising up.    But cirrently trump is hurting those other guys and letting the establishment move their guys up.

Thanks.

I think the one good thing Trump is giving any of them is cover.  The MSM and the other candidates are so focused on Trump that the others are free from being attacked non-stop by the media.

Before Trump entered the race, the MSM was so eager to attack the cons that we had to read those wonderful stories in the NYT about Rubio's traffic tickets and that "luxury speedboat" he purchased.   Rolleyes

(08-09-2015, 11:09 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Well said.   But I think he falls off eventually .  It will be one of the anti eatablishment guys who end up rising up.    But cirrently trump is hurting those other guys and letting the establishment move their guys up.

Dunno about that. Bush took a hit after the debate... To be honest though, they are all so distant from Trump at this point that it's almost pointless to worry about who has a point or two on the other. Trump still holds a 10+ point lead on all the other candidates.

Might be prudent to get out of denial.

(08-09-2015, 11:17 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Dunno about that. Bush took a hit after the debate... To be honest though, they are all so distant from Trump at this point that it's almost pointless to worry about who has a point or two on the other. Trump still holds a 10+ point lead on all the other candidates.

At some point enough people will grow tired of his cockiness and the focus will turn more to issues.

I also question whether Trump really wants this. 

Either way, I expect Trump to take care of Trump in due time.  

(08-09-2015, 11:17 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Dunno about that. Bush took a hit after the debate... To be honest though, they are all so distant from Trump at this point that it's almost pointless to worry about who has a point or two on the other. Trump still holds a 10+ point lead on all the other candidates.

Eatablishment wants Bush, their backups are Christie and Kasich.    Rubio could play in there as well.    

Why do you think all the neocons said Christie had a great debate?    As far as the NSA goes he basically said that we don't need warrants because of another 9/11.  Even though they have stopped 0 attacks with that data .    It's a joke and they think we are all idiots.

Trump will get out eventually.

(08-09-2015, 11:29 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Eatablishment wants Bush, their backups are Christie and Kasich.    Rubio could play in there as well.    

Why do you think all the neocons said Christie had a great debate?    As far as the NSA goes he basically said that we don't need warrants because of another 9/11.  Even though they have stopped 0 attacks with that data .    It's a joke and they think we are all idiots.

Trump will get out eventually.

Why do you think Trump will get out?

(08-09-2015, 11:32 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Why do you think Trump will get out?

Eventually his support will lessen. I don't think he is substantive enough to maintain the following. Conservative voters look for substance and attitude.

Now truno could surprise us with substance but I'm not so sure it will meet with what conservatives expect .

Just a hunch on my part.

Trumps takes on gun control and healthcare are enough for me to say "no thanks".

He says he's in favor of a ban on "some assault weapons" (whatever that means) and longer waiting periods. He also says that he dislikes "gun free zones", yet all of his hotels operate as gun free zones.

On healthcare he has said in the past that he supports a single payer system, and stated that he believes that those in Canada and Scotland work well. He of course dodged the questions on this during the debate, and offered up no specifics at all.