Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Ravens*** - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: Bengals GameDay! (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Bengals-GameDay)
+---- Forum: GameDay Thread Archive (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-GameDay-Thread-Archive)
+----- Forum: 2017 GameDay Threads (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-2017-GameDay-Threads)
+----- Thread: ***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Ravens*** (/Thread-Week-17-GameDay-Thread-Bengals-Ravens)

***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Ravens*** - Bengalholic - 12-31-2017

Cincinnati Bengals (6-9)   vs   Baltimore Ravens (9-6)
Sunday, December 31st, 4:25 PM on CBS
M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore, Maryland
Announce Crew: Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts

[Image: 0ap3000000540375.jpg]

RE: ***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Ravens*** - Yojimbo - 12-31-2017

Are we going to see the same Oline lineup as last week?

RE: ***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Ravens*** - jfkbengals - 12-31-2017

(12-31-2017, 01:03 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Are we going to see the same Oline lineup as last week?

Considering Ced is still out, I would think so.  Of course we will get a better idea when the inactives are announced.  If one of the guys from last week's lineup isn't dressed, then there is obviously another change happening. I wouldn't be shocked if Boling goes back to G and Murray and/or Perkins gets the LT spot.

(12-31-2017, 03:21 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Considering Ced is still out, I would think so.  Of course we will get a better idea when the inactives are announced.  If one of the guys from last week's lineup isn't dressed, then there is obviously another change happening. I wouldn't be shocked if Boling goes back to G and Murray and/or Perkins gets the LT spot.

Yeah, I could see one of the younger guys getting a “tryout” at LT. I just hope Westerman is still out there. He looked decent last week and he really needs to get some experience to get him ready to start next year.

(12-31-2017, 03:30 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Yeah, I could see one of the younger guys getting a “tryout” at LT. I just hope Westerman is still out there. He looked decent last week and he really needs to get some experience to get him ready to start next year.

Not sold on him.  Admittedly we have a limited sample from him, but there were quite a few plays where he seemed to stand up at the snap.  You're going to get blown off the line and steam rolled playing that way.  If that continues today, my opinion would be to move on from him.  He could develop into something, but from what I saw I doubt he is ever going to be active outside of need because of injuries.    If that is truly the case, then there is no reason to give him the roster spot, he should be a PS guy or not return.  I hope I am wrong, as I always want our guys to be able to develop into something.

(12-31-2017, 03:50 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not sold on him.  Admittedly we have a limited sample from him, but there were quite a few plays where he seemed to stand up at the snap.  You're going to get blown off the line and steam rolled playing that way.  If that continues today, my opinion would be to move on from him.  He could develop into something, but from what I saw I doubt he is ever going to be active outside of need because of injuries.    If that is truly the case, then there is no reason to give him the roster spot, he should be a PS guy or not return.  I hope I am wrong, as I always want our guys to be able to develop into something.

We seem to have A LOT of guys that just stand straight up at the snap, makes me think it’s a problem with our coaches, not our players.

(12-31-2017, 03:59 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: We seem to have A LOT of guys that just stand straight up at the snap, makes me think it’s a problem with our coaches, not our players.

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about losing the battle and being stood up.  I am talking about standing up then attempting to engage the guy accross from you.  That was something I saw Westerman doing multiple times, which wouldn't bode well.

RE: ***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Ravens*** - michaelsean - 12-31-2017

FYI....Fox is running a game at the same time. Just in case....you know.

(12-31-2017, 04:14 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Just to be clear, I'm not talking about losing the battle and being stood up.  I am talking about standing up then attempting to engage the guy accross from you.  That was something I saw Westerman doing multiple times, which wouldn't bode well.

I understood and that’s something coaches should be pointing out to him and conditioning out of him. That is a fixable behavior/habit.

The change in start time completely effed up my holiday plans...

Joe Mixon and Mike Wallace are both active today per NFL.com

(12-31-2017, 05:24 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Joe Mixon and Mike Wallace are both active today per NFL.com

And then PFT says both Wallace and Perriman are out for Baltimore...

Starting offense line for the Bengals is Boling and Westerman on the left side again...

EDIT:  I was wrong, it is Maclin who is also out according to PFT, not Wallace.

Quote: The Bengals will have running back Joe Mixon, who was questionable with an ankle injury, though Giovani Bernard likely sees a lot of action.

But Cincinnati won’t have linebacker Vontaze Burfict (shoulder).

The Bengals’ other inactives are offensive tackle Cedric Ogbuehi (shoulder), cornerback KeiVarae Russell, receiver Cody Core, defensive tackle Josh Tupou, running back Jarveon Williams and offensive lineman Justin Murray.

RE: ***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Ravens*** - Arturo Bandini - 12-31-2017

Marvin's last game !

A new hope.

RE: ***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Ravens*** - BrownAssClown - 12-31-2017

Not Dan ***** Fouts!

RE: ***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Ravens*** - BrownAssClown - 12-31-2017

Mixon fer 11!

RE: ***Week 17 GameDay Thread...Bengals @ Ravens*** - cinci4life - 12-31-2017

Would be nothing better than to knock the Ravens out of the playoffs.

Just what we needed to start the game. An injury on the oline.

(12-31-2017, 06:28 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Would be nothing better than to knock the Ravens out of the playoffs.

Maybe doing it IN the playoffs?

Thought I was here by myself.