Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Watch Games on Android - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Watch Games on Android (/Thread-Watch-Games-on-Android)

Pages: 1 2

Watch Games on Android - PhilHos - 08-10-2015

Does anybody know of a way to watch games for free on an android tablet? I know how to on a PC but those ways don't work on a tablet.

Figured I'd ask now instead of waiting 'til Game Day and rushing around like Brad after a fred post.

RE: Watch Games on Android - djs7685 - 08-10-2015

Install a browser with a flash player and then simply use the same websites that you use on a PC.

RE: Watch Games on Android - PhilHos - 08-11-2015

(08-10-2015, 12:07 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Install a browser with a flash player and then simply use the same websites that you use on a PC.

I have. Either the sites require a newer version of flash or the android browsers just aren't capable of it. Could be all the stupid ads as well.

I'll try again on Friday unless someone else has a better solution.

RE: Watch Games on Android - djs7685 - 08-11-2015

(08-11-2015, 10:37 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I have. Either the sites require a newer version of flash or the android browsers just aren't capable of it. Could be all the stupid ads as well.

I'll try again on Friday unless someone else has a better solution.

I've used Photon to watch streams in the past, I'd try it again or possibly switch to a different website.

You can go on your usual streaming website and pick something random to test out before Friday, not trying to insult your intelligence with the obvious but figured I'd throw that out there since you mentioned not trying it again until the game is on. Just pick a random event that's streaming and try a couple different browsers until one works.

A few years ago they had a sweet package deal with one of the Madden video games where you got NFL Sunday Ticket for tablets for buying a certain version of the game. I barely played the game itself but the cost was easily justified being able to watch any team at any time in HD quality in an entirely legal manner. I don't know why DirecTV doesn't offer something like this to anybody, I checked my address on their new standalone Sunday Ticket website, but I'm not eligible. I'd gladly pay the couple hundred bucks to have access to it if possible.

RE: Watch Games on Android - PhilHos - 08-11-2015

In case anyone is wondering, I found an app called "Mobdro" that looks to do what I wanted. Right now none of its sports channels is listing any particular game but it does list a lot of sports channels (like the usual ESPN, NFLN, as well as Sky sports, etc.). So I will let you know if it works on Friday.

I wish I still lived in Cincy. Sad

RE: Watch Games on Android - djs7685 - 08-11-2015

(08-11-2015, 02:39 PM)PhilHos Wrote: In case anyone is wondering, I found an app called "Mobdro" that looks to do what I wanted. Right now none of its sports channels is listing any particular game but it does list a lot of sports channels (like the usual ESPN, NFLN, as well as Sky sports, etc.). So I will let you know if it works on Friday.

Not sure how much (if any at all) money you are willing to throw into it, but you could check your eligibility to see if you qualify for a non-customer Sunday Ticket subscription for the season.

https://nflst.directv.com/

There is the link for you or anyone else that's interested. I know that's what I'd be doing if I were eligible in my area, but since I'm able to get DirecTV where I love, they won't give me Sunday Ticket as a standalone product.

RE: Watch Games on Android - PhilHos - 08-12-2015

(08-11-2015, 02:51 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Not sure how much (if any at all) money you are willing to throw into it, but you could check your eligibility to see if you qualify for a non-customer Sunday Ticket subscription for the season.

There is the link for you or anyone else that's interested. I know that's what I'd be doing if I were eligible in my area, but since I'm able to get DirecTV where I love, they won't give me Sunday Ticket as a standalone product.

Considering every house in my neighborhood including mine (it was there when I moved in) has a DirectTV satellite dish on it, I highly doubt I'd qualify either. And the reason I didn't sign up for DirectTV is that cable is cheaper. Yeah, getting Sunday Ticket would be awesome except I'm married and there's no way I could justify the expense to my wife.

RE: Watch Games on Android - djs7685 - 08-12-2015

(08-12-2015, 11:48 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Considering every house in my neighborhood including mine (it was there when I moved in) has a DirectTV satellite dish on it, I highly doubt I'd qualify either. And the reason I didn't sign up for DirectTV is that cable is cheaper. Yeah, getting Sunday Ticket would be awesome except I'm married and there's no way I could justify the expense to my wife.

Pfffffttt, that's what having separate bank accounts and your own credit cards is for! Big Grin

But yeah, I despise DirecTV for many reasons, but I would definitely pay for their service if they let anybody get Sunday Ticket without having a subscription to them otherwise. I have to assume they could make some extra cash making it a standalone service to anyone, even in their service areas for those like me who refuse to sign a contract with them but would love Sunday Ticket.

I'm not sure if talking about some of this is allowed on the boards, so I will PM you with how I'm watching all the games this year.

RE: Watch Games on Android - WhoDeyWho - 08-12-2015

(08-11-2015, 02:51 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Not sure how much (if any at all) money you are willing to throw into it, but you could check your eligibility to see if you qualify for a non-customer Sunday Ticket subscription for the season.

I use to get this when I lived in an apartment.  No go now since I've bought a house.  I put a slingbox in my brother-in-law's basement so at least I get the local Bengals broadcasts.

Could maybe find someone who lives in an apartment and maybe have them purchase it.  

RE: Watch Games on Android - Mickeypoo - 08-12-2015

I feel your pain.  I tried free streaming for a couple years and got nothing but crappy feeds and freezing video.  I bit the bullet and got Sunday Ticket. 

I guess it helps that my wife and both kids love watching the Bengals every Sunday, so she is happy to get it.  She got tired of fighting with the crappy feeds also.  I know it doesn't help, but Sunday Ticket is the only way to go at the moment.

RE: Watch Games on Android - djs7685 - 08-12-2015

(08-12-2015, 02:06 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I feel your pain.  I tried free streaming for a couple years and got nothing but crappy feeds and freezing video.  I bit the bullet and got Sunday Ticket. 

I guess it helps that my wife and both kids love watching the Bengals every Sunday, so she is happy to get it.  She got tired of fighting with the crappy feeds also.  I know it doesn't help, but Sunday Ticket is the only way to go at the moment.

I don't know if it's the only way to go, but it's definitely convenient if you already subscribe to DirecTV and have a few bucks to spare.

Game Pass is a thing if you live outside of the U.S. and it's cheaper than Sunday Ticket.

If you live in the U.S., you can do a Google search and find a way to still use the international Game Pass anyway Ninja

I actually think this should be okay to talk about on here since there's no real black market shenanigans, it's more of the "gray market" so to speak. If you have a VPN or just use any other way to re-route your traffic through a different country, you can get Game Pass as a U.S. citizen for somewhere between $99 and $130 depending on if you want to follow just 1 team or if you want every game.

RE: Watch Games on Android - StLucieBengal - 08-13-2015

Put kodi on your your tablet.   There are loads of ways to watch on that.   Plus you get movies.  All free.

http://kodi.tv/download/

RE: Watch Games on Android - Shake n Blake - 08-13-2015

I feel your pain. I moved to Michigan last year, so I had to watch every game online, which was a lot of trial and error. I found out that I could watch the games online with my TV using my PS3, which was pretty cool, when I could find a good solid feed (which isn't easy on the sites we all use).

I was going to buy Sunday ticket, but the site said that I wasn't eligible, even though I can't get DirecTV unless I cut down a bunch of trees.

I'm probably going to go the same route this year, although I'll probably try the Kodi app that StLucie mentioned.

RE: Watch Games on Android - XenoMorph - 08-13-2015

(08-11-2015, 02:39 PM)PhilHos Wrote: In case anyone is wondering, I found an app called "Mobdro" that looks to do what I wanted. Right now none of its sports channels is listing any particular game but it does list a lot of sports channels (like the usual ESPN, NFLN, as well as Sky sports, etc.). So I will let you know if it works on Friday.

Can you just hook your PC to your TV either directly via cable or by one of the streaming services? thats what i would do... Unless others in your home take over the tv?

Hey shake here is an easy install for Kodi to begin.

This will give you sportsdevil which is now digitele

RE: Watch Games on Android - Shake n Blake - 08-14-2015

(08-13-2015, 07:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Hey shake here is an easy install for Kodi to begin.  

I'm trying it on my laptop first, and I've loved it so far. Watching football games just seems like the tip of the iceberg with this app. Great find.  ThumbsUp

RE: Watch Games on Android - bonesaw - 08-14-2015

Free 7 day trial going on for NFL Game Pass on NFL.com right now. Just remember to cancel so they don't charge you $99. That will get everyone legally through tonights game

RE: Watch Games on Android - PhilHos - 08-15-2015

Okay, because I know you're all wondering what worked, I'll tell you.

First, I tried Mobdro and while the video quality of the streams I checked out were pretty good, the problem lies in that it lists the general sports channels and not which has the individual games. I didn't feel like checking each link out so I uninstalled it.

I next tried the Photon browser that djs suggested and it didn't work for me. It could've been just the links were not working (and, yes, djs, I made sure I turned the flash setting on), but I had one more option.

Lastly, I tried the Kodi app that St. Lucie suggested. I had to search for the Sportsnation add on (the link in the description on the YouTube video he linked to wanted me to install another app and i didn't want to), but it was quick and easy to install it and it provided me a plethora of Live Sports tv options. I chose the one that gave me a FIRST ROW seat to the action and was able to watch the game. I did run into an issue where a couple of the links provided to watch the game would cause the app to crash mid-stream, but the other links worked fine and I was able to watch the whole game on my android tablet.

So, if you're like me and don't live in the Bengals viewing area and would like to watch the games on your android phone or tablet, I'd suggest getting Kodi.

RE: Watch Games on Android - StLucieBengal - 08-15-2015

Glad you guys are enjoying it .....  I have totally unplugged from cable and satellite with this app.  

If you want to know about any specifics like what's best for movies, or whichever.   Message me.   You can find tutorials on YouTube for it all.    

This can basically give you access to any movie/programming in the world.  Just depends on how much you want to do