Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Who are we bringing back? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Who are we bringing back? (/Thread-Who-are-we-bringing-back)

Who are we bringing back? - fredtoast - 01-25-2018

Almost every year the Bengals seem to sign an ex-Bengal in free agency.  These are all the ones I could find this year.  

So what guy on this list do you want us to bring back

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick
RB Rex Burkhead
WR Brandon Tate

LB/DE Ahmad Brooks
DE Will Clark
DL Frostee Rucker
DT Clinton McDonald
LB Karlos Dansby
LB Rey Maualuga
LB Emmanuel Lamur
LB Marquis Flowers
CB Johnathan Joseph
CB Leon Hall
CB Terrence Newman
s Reggie Nelson

Have I missed anyone?

RE: Who are we bringing back? - BengalHawk62 - 01-25-2018

(01-25-2018, 06:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Almost every year the Bengals seem to sign an ex-Bengal in free agency.  These are all the ones I could find this year.  

So what guy on this list do you want us to bring back

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick
RB Rex Burkhead
WR Brandon

LB/DE Ahmad Brooks
DE Will Clark
DL Frostee Rucker
LB Karlos Dansby
LB Rey Maualuga
LB Emmanuel Lamur
LB Marquis Flowers
CB Johnathan Joseph
CB Leon Hall
CB Terrence Newman
s Reggie Nelson

Have I missed anyone?

Rex Burkhead and Emmanuel Lamur are my guesses. 

RE: Who are we bringing back? - Bengal Dude - 01-26-2018

I feel like Lamur would be our signing. 

Flowers will never come back here. He left on bad terms. 

RE: Who are we bringing back? - Go Cards - 01-26-2018

Reggie Nelson

RE: Who are we bringing back? - Bilbo Saggins - 01-26-2018

They could bring Hall back and try him at safety perhaps. He could be the new Crocker in a few years time. I wonder how good JJoe and Newman are, but the young guys make their signings unnecessary. 

Haven't seen Nelson play recently, but he may be a good pickup if he has gas left in the tank. 

Other than those two, I could see maybe Burkhead if he isn't too pricy. Lamur didn't impress me a ton when I watched him. 

RE: Who are we bringing back? - McC - 01-26-2018

None.

RE: Who are we bringing back? - fredtoast - 01-26-2018

The guy I would take back was barely a Bengal.

DT Clinton McDonaldhad 5.5 sacks for Seattle when they won the Super Bowl in '13, and has had two 5 sack seasons in Tampa since then including this year.

RE: Who are we bringing back? - HarleyDog - 01-26-2018

(01-26-2018, 02:10 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Reggie Nelson

All day long!

RE: Who are we bringing back? - ochocincos - 01-26-2018

The only one I would consider is Reggie Nelson, but he is 34 years old.
Would it make sense to bring him back on a 1-2 year deal to try and bolster the secondary for a playoff run? Or would it be better to address safety in the draft?

RE: Who are we bringing back? - ochocincos - 01-26-2018

(01-26-2018, 09:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The guy I would take back was barely a Bengal.

DT Clinton McDonaldhad 5.5 sacks for Seattle when they won the Super Bowl in '13, and has had two 5 sack seasons in Tampa since then including this year.

I didn't realize he had done that well. One of his 5 sack seasons was in 2017 too, in which he played 43% of the defensive snaps.
He might be a quality pickup to add DT depth. He's only about 15 months older than Atkins.

RE: Who are we bringing back? - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-26-2018

I thought I heard the commentators say Newman was retiring after this season on one of the playoff game broadcasts?

RE: Who are we bringing back? - XenoMorph - 01-26-2018

(01-26-2018, 12:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: I thought I heard the commentators say Newman was retiring after this season on one of the playoff game broadcasts?

he follows zimmer though

RE: Who are we bringing back? - XenoMorph - 01-26-2018

(01-26-2018, 12:07 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I didn't realize he had done that well. One of his 5 sack seasons was in 2017 too, in which he played 43% of the defensive snaps.
He might be a quality pickup to add DT depth. He's only about 15 months older than Atkins.

I liked McDonald would not be opposed to his return...

Who is the WR Brandon?

Wheres Maurice Purify these days lol

(01-26-2018, 06:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Who is the WR Brandon?

Tate

(01-26-2018, 06:33 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Wheres  Maurice Purify these days lol

I don't know now, but Purify was a huge star in the Arena League a few years ago.

RE: Who are we bringing back? - XenoMorph - 01-29-2018

(01-26-2018, 07:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't know now, but Purify was a huge star in the Arena League a few years ago.

yeah he exploded in the area league scene.. and with the arena league out of commish... He could be a surprise visit...   I still remember him pancaking roy williams