Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
The obvious jumps out in this story..... - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: The obvious jumps out in this story..... (/Thread-The-obvious-jumps-out-in-this-story)

Pages: 1 2

The obvious jumps out in this story..... - Sled21 - 02-01-2018

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Rooting-interest/64be23bb-097d-4347-87cb-4049f0e90cb3

Story from the home page about all the trades Mike Brown and Bill Belichick have made over the years. Get that in your head, Mike Brown and Bill Belichick. Not Mike Brown and Robert Kraft. Not Bill Belichick and Mervin Lewis...... Owner vs. Coach. Just another way NE does things differently...

RE: The obvious jumps out in this story..... - Interceptor - 02-01-2018

So we always end up with the short end of the deal.

RE: The obvious jumps out in this story..... - Au165 - 02-01-2018

(02-01-2018, 10:06 AM)Sled21 Wrote: http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Rooting-interest/64be23bb-097d-4347-87cb-4049f0e90cb3

Story from the home page about all the trades Mike Brown and Bill Belichick have made over the years. Get that in your head, Mike Brown and Bill Belichick. Not Mike Brown and Robert Kraft. Not Bill Belichick and Mervin Lewis...... Owner vs. Coach. Just another way NE does things differently...

Bill Belicheck is the GM of the Patriots and Mike Brown is technically our GM.

The obvious jumps out in this story..... - BenZoo2 - 02-01-2018

(02-01-2018, 10:26 AM)Au165 Wrote: Bill Belicheck is the GM of the Patriots and Mike Brown is technically our GM.

And one guy wins championships and makes money. The other makes money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(02-01-2018, 10:41 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: And one guy wins championships and makes money.  The other makes money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That wasn't the point the guy was making with his initial statement from his last comment of "owner vs coach". He acted as if this interaction was strange, the reality is the two guys with GM titles for their respective teams did trades. 

RE: The obvious jumps out in this story..... - RASCAL - 02-01-2018

(02-01-2018, 10:50 AM)Au165 Wrote: That wasn't the point the guy was making with his initial statement from his last comment of "owner vs coach". He acted as if this interaction was strange, the reality is the two guys with GM titles for their respective teams did trades. 

here, let this sink in for a minute:

Bill Belichick 5x SB winner as coach and gm and heading for SB win 6

elmer fudd brown ox loser in all first round plyoffs as gm  he loses either way

that's the point!

RE: The obvious jumps out in this story..... - BMK - 02-01-2018

....and it's not as if MB doesn't deal with all the other GMs' in the league.....but let's paint the picture that the Bengals and Pats have some sort of 'special' relationship between them.....as if we're equals behind the scenes. The Bengals PR dpt must have commissioned this article.

RE: The obvious jumps out in this story..... - Go Cards - 02-01-2018

From the way NE finds diamonds in the rough got to think their scouting department is bigger than a broom closet too.

RE: The obvious jumps out in this story..... - XenoMorph - 02-01-2018

(02-01-2018, 10:10 AM)Interceptor Wrote: So we always end up with the short end of the deal.

Not always....    we got marvin jones out of ocho cinco who was quickly out of the league

(02-01-2018, 11:38 AM)RASCAL Wrote: here, let this sink in for a minute:

Bill Belichick 5x SB winner as coach and gm and heading for SB win 6

elmer fudd brown ox loser in all first round plyoffs as gm  he loses either way

that's the point!

Again then why is he giving examples of people Belicheck could be trading with inside our organization and who we could deal with there? Trying to act as if the fact their coach was trading with our owner was relevant, which it isn't because they are both GMs, was a whiff. My guess is simply OP didn't know that Belicheck was the GM not just the coach. There are a bunch of ways to bag on the team this one was simply a swing and a miss. 

The Bengals don't have Bill Belicheck, that is all the OP has shown. Congrats neither do 30 other teams! Belicheck also trades with those teams GMs too.

RE: The obvious jumps out in this story..... - Lionel Hutz - 02-01-2018

Mutual respect, eh? I'm sure Belicheck/New England with their 5 Super Bowl Championships are sitting around on a daily basis admiring the job Mike Brown has done with the Bengals.

(02-01-2018, 01:24 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Mutual respect, eh? I'm sure Belicheck/New England with their 5 Super Bowl Championships are sitting around on a daily basis admiring the job Mike Brown has done with the Bengals.

he respects the brown family...     Its not a bad thing to have bilichek as a friend... someday he might wanna be a GM somewhere else..

RE: The obvious jumps out in this story..... - grampahol - 02-01-2018

It isn't exactly as if there are millions of NFL general managers sitting around doing, well anything . There's a fine line between NFL GM and wannabe NFL GMs.. 
It's actually a bit more than a fine line..more like a HUGE swath on a continental scale . 
Anyway, the article isn't about the win and loss records of either team. I'm seeing it more about them being able to sit down and have a rational discussion about the business of football. 

RE: The obvious jumps out in this story..... - Sled21 - 02-01-2018

Well, I did not realize Belichick was the GM in NE, I just thought he was the HC. Nevermind then..... now it makes more sense.

(02-01-2018, 01:42 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, I did not realize Belichick was the GM in NE, I just thought he was the HC. Nevermind then..... now it makes more sense.

No problem, most people don't ever really think about that part of what is going on in NE. He has had some successes but Belicheck the GM has had plenty of blunders too.

RE: The obvious jumps out in this story..... - Wyche'sWarrior - 02-01-2018

(02-01-2018, 01:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: he respects the brown family...     Its not a bad thing to have bilichek as a friend... someday he might wanna be a GM somewhere else..

Won't be here, unfortunately.

(02-01-2018, 05:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: Won't be here, unfortunately.

lol probly not...  Just hopefully not cleveland

RE: The obvious jumps out in this story..... - Interceptor - 02-01-2018

To be fair, Belichick and Brown combine to have 5 Super Bowl rings.

RE: The obvious jumps out in this story..... - HarleyDog - 02-02-2018

(02-01-2018, 01:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: he respects the brown family...     Its not a bad thing to have bilichek as a friend... someday he might wanna be a GM somewhere else..

Maybe if he gets Alzheimer’s and forgets how bad this organization sucks he will wanna be here.

RE: The obvious jumps out in this story..... - HarleyDog - 02-02-2018

(02-01-2018, 08:39 PM)Interceptor Wrote: To be fair, Belichick and Brown combine to have 5 Super Bowl rings.

I feel better.