Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Taco Bell adding delivery - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Off Topic Forums (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Klotsch (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Klotsch)
+--- Thread: Taco Bell adding delivery (/Thread-Taco-Bell-adding-delivery)

Pages: 1 2 3

Taco Bell adding delivery - Au165 - 02-08-2018

This makes me happy....that is all.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/02/08/kfc-taco-bell-delivery-online-ordering-grubhub/318689002/

RE: Taco Bell adding delivery - Johnny Cupcakes - 02-08-2018

3 years ago, this would have been news that brightened my entire day.

Now, with services like Door Dash and Uber Eats, this news isn't all that special to me. I can already have Taco Bell at my door in 30 minutes.

RE: Taco Bell adding delivery - Au165 - 02-08-2018

(02-08-2018, 12:50 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: 3 years ago, this would have been news that brightened my entire day.

Now, with services like Door Dash and Uber Eats, this news isn't all that special to me. I can already have Taco Bell at my door in 30 minutes.

That's the issue the third party services are notoriously slow and lack the standards that a delivery driver tied to a company would have. This is the first joint venture between a service and a company to basically private label their delivery services under the brand to give credibility and specific standards to the delivery quality. I used door dash and uber eats a couple time and frankly wrong orders, slow delivery times, or food never showing up has killed my interest in them. This partnership however gives me hope of better quality.

RE: Taco Bell adding delivery - WeezyBengal - 02-08-2018

Ive never done the uber eats thing but I have done the kroger grocery delivery which is awesome.

I also saw that amazon is now doing free 2 hour delivery from whole foods. I believe Cincinnati is 1 of only 4 markets that have this service as of right now.

Absolute game changers.

RE: Taco Bell adding delivery - WeezyBengal - 02-08-2018

(02-08-2018, 12:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: That's the issue the third party services are notoriously slow and lack the standards that a delivery driver tied to a company would have. This is the first joint venture between a service and a company to basically private label their delivery services under the brand to give credibility and specific standards to the delivery quality. I used door dash and uber eats a couple time and frankly wrong orders, slow delivery times, or food never showing up has killed my interest in them. This partnership however gives me hope of better quality.

This. 

I have heard from people that use these services and they have said the same things. I like how companies are taking ownership of it and are actually offering the service themselves rather than outsourcing it. 

RE: Taco Bell adding delivery - Sabretooth - 02-08-2018

Will they also bring an industrial strength porta potty ?

RE: Taco Bell adding delivery - XenoMorph - 02-08-2018

Heck most fast food restraunts have issues putting what you ordered in your bag when your at the window.... I always have to check everything before I pull away. don't think id trust any fast food place to get it right and deliver it.

RE: Taco Bell adding delivery - SunsetBengal - 02-08-2018

(02-08-2018, 12:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: That's the issue the third party services are notoriously slow and lack the standards that a delivery driver tied to a company would have. This is the first joint venture between a service and a company to basically private label their delivery services under the brand to give credibility and specific standards to the delivery quality. I used door dash and uber eats a couple time and frankly wrong orders, slow delivery times, or food never showing up has killed my interest in them. This partnership however gives me hope of better quality.

Not to mention the fees associated with third party services.

Beyond that, who wants some slightly below room temperature Taco Bell?  Likely gets those digestive enzymes working even faster!   LOL

RE: Taco Bell adding delivery - treee - 02-08-2018

(02-08-2018, 06:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Heck most fast food restraunts have issues putting what you ordered in your bag when your at the window....    I always have to check everything before I pull away.   don't think id trust any fast food place to get it right and deliver it.

So you're that guy that sits at the fast foot window for 5 minutes after getting his food LOL

(02-08-2018, 07:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not to mention the fees associated with third party services.

Beyond that, who wants some slightly below room temperature Taco Bell?  Likely gets those digestive enzymes working even faster!   LOL

Eh I'd pay 5 dollars to not have to awkwardly steer a cart around a grocery store for 20 minutes.

(02-08-2018, 06:44 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Heck most fast food restraunts have issues putting what you ordered in your bag when your at the window....    I always have to check everything before I pull away.   don't think id trust any fast food place to get it right and deliver it.

I have a feeling that fast food delivery would not work for me.  I almost never order anything straight from the menu "as is", I usually get how "I want it".  In fact, I usually go inside to order, that way they don't dick me at the window..

(02-08-2018, 07:22 PM)treee Wrote: Eh I'd pay 5 dollars to not have to awkwardly steer a cart around a grocery store for 20 minutes.

Well, ordering a grocery order is a bit different.  They have people dedicated to being "personal shoppers".  We haven't tried the grocery delivery yet, but the wife has had pretty good success with online order for drive thru pick up.

(02-08-2018, 07:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, ordering a grocery order is a bit different.  They have people dedicated to being "personal shoppers".  We haven't tried the grocery delivery yet, but the wife has had pretty good success with online order for drive thru pick up.

Which grocery stores are doing the drive through pick up? I usually go to Meijer.

RE: Taco Bell adding delivery - HarleyDog - 02-08-2018

Not sure how Taco Bell can do this? I used to pick up in the drive through, drive 8 minutes back to work, and it was soggy and cold already? Who wants that?

(02-08-2018, 07:32 PM)treee Wrote: Which grocery stores are doing the drive through pick up? I usually go to Meijer.

In our town, Walmart and Lowe's Foods.  Pretty sure that some of the other stores are offering that service, in nearby Raleigh.

RE: Taco Bell adding delivery - bfine32 - 02-08-2018

Will these delivery folks get your order as wrong as the kid at the Drive Thru? It's at the point now whenever I go to the Taco Bell drive thru I just tell them to give me $20 worth of food.

RE: Taco Bell adding delivery - Go Cards - 02-08-2018

Only eat taco bell about 2 or 3 times a year anyway.

So probably will never use it.

RE: Taco Bell adding delivery - XenoMorph - 02-09-2018

(02-08-2018, 07:46 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not sure how Taco Bell can do this? I used to pick up in the drive through, drive 8 minutes back to work, and it was soggy and cold already? Who wants that?

they will have to get those warm bags like the pizza places...

They will have to hire more people  which wont help their cost.  and charge delivery fees.    overall I think this will raise prices on the menu

RE: Taco Bell adding delivery - BMK - 02-09-2018

I don't think it's for me. Fast food is rarely a 'destination' type meal for me....I'll go if I'm out already, I'm in a hurry, and it's right there.
I can't see waiting and paying a premium for cold fast food (which is even worse when reheated) to be brought to my house. Plenty of other places with better food that delivers.

RE: Taco Bell adding delivery - Tiger Teeth - 02-09-2018

I don't even eat Taco Bell. Wake me up when Red Lobster starts doing this.