Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
What will Bengals GM do? - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: What will Bengals GM do? (/Thread-What-will-Bengals-GM-do)

What will Bengals GM do? - BengalChris - 02-15-2018

Predict what Mikey Brown will do when it comes time to exercising the 5th year option on Ogbuehi's contract.

This is not what should the Bengals do, but rather predict what they will do.

Keep in mind that the 5th option will likely cost the team between $9 and 10M and that that money becomes guaranteed for injury, and Ogbuehi has ended each of his first 3 years injured.

Also keep in mind that this would be the first 1st round pick the Bengals would not have exercised is they don't.

Happy guessing!

Will Mike Brown exercise Ogbuehi's 5th year option?

RE: What will Bengals GM do? - Go Cards - 02-15-2018

He would have to improve greatly to get that excercised.

RE: What will Bengals GM do? - BengalChris - 02-15-2018

(02-15-2018, 11:52 PM)Go Cards Wrote: He would have to improve greatly to get that excercised.

The team will have to decide by early May.

RE: What will Bengals GM do? - grampahol - 02-16-2018

Is this a trick question like a WWJD thing?  

RE: What will Bengals GM do? - fredtoast - 02-16-2018

(02-15-2018, 11:29 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Predict what Mikey Brown will do when it comes time to exercising the 5th year option on Ogbuehi's contract.

Keep in mind that the 5th option will likely cost the team between $9 and 10M and that that money becomes guaranteed for injury, and Ogbuehi has ended each of his first 3 years injured.

Also keep in mind that this would be the first 1st round pick the Bengals would not have exercised is they don't.

Happy guessing!

Why do you think they will extend him?

I don't see anyway it happens.  If they could lock him up cheap then they might consider it, but I believe it would cost them over $10 million.  Mike loves his money too much to give that much to Ogbuehi.

RE: What will Bengals GM do? - Go Cards - 02-16-2018

(02-16-2018, 12:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Why do you think they will extend him?

I don't see anyway it happens.  If they could lock him up cheap then they might consider it, but I believe it would cost them over $10 million.  Mike loves his money too much to give that much to Ogbuehi.

Agree with this

RE: What will Bengals GM do? - Interceptor - 02-16-2018

Nothing happens.

RE: What will Bengals GM do? - J24 - 02-16-2018

He will show a little better and it will give them delusional hope that he will be better.

RE: What will Bengals GM do? - bengals67 - 02-16-2018

(02-16-2018, 12:43 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Why do you think they will extend him?

Exactly right

RE: What will Bengals GM do? - Luvnit2 - 02-16-2018

(02-15-2018, 11:29 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Predict what Mikey Brown will do when it comes time to exercising the 5th year option on Ogbuehi's contract.

Happy guessing!

No, but won't stop them from negotiating a 3 year deal for less money and not guaranteed for injury like happens with 5th year is picked up

RE: What will Bengals GM do? - bengalhoel - 02-16-2018

Happy guessing!

In a world where Ogbuehi is worth 10 million dollars ; How much would Whit be worth?

RE: What will Bengals GM do? - ochocincos - 02-16-2018

Even Mike Brown isn't dumb enough to think Ogbuehi has been successful and worth that option.
It makes too much sense to let Ogbuehi sink or swim in this final year. If he actually develops (and I mean REALLY develops, not just going from abysmal to bad), I think it makes sense for Brown to consider a normal contract extension. If he sucks (again), let the flop walk.

RE: What will Bengals GM do? - Bengalholic - 02-16-2018

According to Jim O and Paul Dehner:

"Expect the team to decline the fifth-year option on his rookie contract in the coming months."

RE: What will Bengals GM do? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 02-16-2018

Hell no, even if he gets to be a decent player he will be expensive.

If he is not a decent player by then he won't be worth it.

Either way no.

RE: What will Bengals GM do? - XenoMorph - 02-16-2018

I say no...

But they could pick it up originally.. (as they can drop it any time before the next league year)

So I think even if they pick it up they don't go thru with it. (my opinion) Heres hoping they can extend Dennard to avoid paying him 5th year option money. (I think that's this year)